Music

Phill

If it's a whole album of Dubstep, consider myself out...

They usually use different influences for each individual song, and it's very rare that Muse make albums where one song has similar musical themes to the other, last two albums especially. I also doubt that will change, since it's pretty much what's defined them and made them great in the past.

I do hate dubstep, but it's best to wait for the finished product before making a judgement.

• 2 weeks later...

Such a peaceful, slower song from Skrillex here, it's unreleased, very much hoping that this ends up in his next album which is rumoured to be named Voltage, after one of his best received unreleased songs, Voltage.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xjBOnu_H0CA

Also, Madeon! He's an 18 year-old Electronic Dance Music producer, his music is so unique to your usual EDM, this Minimix he did for the Annie Mac show last week on Radio1 shows off his music skills well, so good! :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j0xLiX_6kxE

Calvin Harris: proof that all handbag house DJ's wet dreams depict them playing to a Ibizan crowd bouncing unanimously to their music, when in reality, they look like a nerd in a shirt in a box.

Wait, wait, wait. I've just read this back and since when was making music about looking good? Hell, many artists' USPs are acting nerdy or weird. I'm sorry but crowds 'bounce' because they are enjoying themselves.

When Scouting For Girls released 'This Ain't A Love Song', I was a bit pissed off they'd matured a little too much, but it was pleasant enough indication of progression, but then the rest of 'Everybody Wants To Be On TV' went it the complete opposite direction and unbalanced everything and they were **** again.

This time they've gone for a similar musical sound as 'This Ain't A Love Song', but this time there's that playfulness that their last lead single lacked.

No, if only there was some actual sun and a street BBQ to bring this baby to life.