Music

Phill

It's no secret I'm not the most sensitive of people, but damn this song is just... wow.

That voice, and that production... :)

I love her voice and I like the production. Idk why a part of the production sounds kinda hip-hop to me.

Edit: It reminds me a bit of Lana Del Rey

It's no secret I'm not the most sensitive of people, but damn this song is just... wow.

That voice, and that production... :)

The only track I like from her happens to be a remix by Disclosure, great track though.....sounds a lot like the sort of House music comming out of the late 90's, those were the days......

• 3 weeks later...

MTV are bangin' out the tunes today - had S Club 7, Westlife and All Saints... into the modern day now though, they're playing Pon de Replay! I'd genuinely forgotten the existence of this song.

Edit...

I realised Carly Rae Jepsen's album Kiss came out a few days ago, out of curiosity more than anything I've just stuck it on in Spotify. I'm only up to track 6, but so far it's actually pretty good! Some quite decent sounding songs, will take a few listens to know what I really think of it but it at least shows some promise so far :)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So yeah, Muse at the O2 on Friday, that was good, decent set for lighting and Matt prancing about everywhere blaring out his guitar...

As for the new album, Unsustainable has grown on me, and live was pretty much an epic opening to a gig, with Survival being at the end and again being a decent finale song, so much cheese but <3

Supremacy is also good, with Madness having an exceptional laser show, same for Follow Me... Panic Station was also well received and a bit silly...

Then the slow songs happen... God they're awful on the album, and not much better live... I just cannot get myself to like them and after Explorers (I think) the crowd was extremely subdued... Shame...

Still, they played the usual mob of songs as well, the classics, including one very old one I hadn't heard before, and Stockholm Syndrome... Wahey...

And the best moments of the night? Well...

• 2 weeks later...

Oh yes, the O2 shows were fantastic. Can't seperate them on enjoyment. Two varied setlists, two brilliant performances, better stage, band seem like they're more into it, FRICKIN' SUNBURN, FALLING DOWN + HOST. Probably the best two gigs I've ever been to actually, better than Wembley and Reading even. Helps that The 2nd Law is MUCH better than The Resistance though. I hated Unsustainable for ages, that was until I saw it live. Jesus... (And Explorers is awesome *huff*)

Also, you. Justice. 17 minutes. Do it...

7:23 is just :D