Music

Phill

Musically it is awful. Sounds like it's been made over a pre-programmed casio keyboard demo track from about 1995, dull and soulless. Some of the vocals are pretty stunning though, especially Guy Garvey. He should have song the whole thing. He should sing everything.

The message seems a bit shoehorned in too, can't put my finger on why it grates so much but we're still singing about feeding when the problem is Ebola. It's a right old mish mash and stops making any sense somewhere along.

"Well tonight we're reaching out and touching you", but if you don't mind I'll be wearing gloves.

• 3 weeks later...

There was a brilliant documentary about them on Radio 1 about a week ago that's well worth a listen if it's still on iplayer. Played a fascinating selection of clips of my favourite track of theirs at various stages of development, great to hear how the it progressed and developed into this beauty...

• 3 weeks later...

Some songs I've got into recently:

Maps by Maroon 5

Kings by Pierces

Wings by Birdy

Demons by Imagine Dragons

Birdy is brilliant  :wub:

If you are into female singer songwriters/vocalists, I'd recommend giving Laura Marling, Regina Spektor, Tegan & Sara a go and also one of my favourites who no longer is doing music (boooo) Kate Walsh.

Just thought of a major difference between Oasis and Noel Gallagher's High Flying Birds:

While Oasis in many of their songs are just "Electric guitar...electric guitar...electric guitar...DRUMS!!!", NGHFB take a much broader musical advantage, using more instruments than just electric guitar and drums. This is a reason why I'm a huge fan of this song: