Music

Phill

• 3 weeks later...

I was just discussing this song with my friend. Initially, to me, it's your typical sad, soppy, Adele song. However, after a few listens, and listening a bit more closely, the instrumental changes quite significantly, and she's not the victim in this one. Loving all the drums, the guitar, the anthemic vocals. It's grown on me a lot in such a short space of time. Reminds me a bit of BANKS to be honest.

Adele is back, living proof that you can be successful in the music industry, without dressing like a prositute, rather actually a fab voice and talent.

oh, shut up. this such a gross, offensive and misogynistic point of view. people can wear whatever they want, and the amount of skin (in this case) a woman shows has no correlation to her talent or success. thanks.

Yes, because it's what they want to wear .. not the record labels pushing behind them to have the widest image appeal no no..

How is his comment gross or misogynistic, if he is expressing support for a female singer who is extremely popular WITHOUT using sexualised imagery?

Still the music industry might be beyond saving but whatever

Adele is back, living proof that you can be successful in the music industry, without dressing like a prositute, rather actually a fab voice and talent. Really like the new song :D

I don't feel like most female artists choose to dress sl*tty. I feel most female artists are sexaulised by the industry, with the kinda sit there and look pretty approach towards most female artists. But then I feel it works the same to men a bit, bands like One Direction are made purely for infatuation to young girls. if One Direction where a group of middle age misfits they would be irrelevant. I feel like Adele is a gem not just to females artists. But to a whole industry..

Yes, because it's what they want to wear .. not the record labels pushing behind them to have the widest image appeal no no..

How is his comment gross or misogynistic, if he is expressing support for a female singer who is extremely popular WITHOUT using sexualised imagery?

Still the music industry might be beyond saving but whatever

because he's stating that women in the music industry 'dress like prostitutes', and insinuating that that causes their success rather than their talent. not only is that shaming people for what they wear (and specifically women, in this case), it also insinuates that women who choose to show more skin than Adele are popular not for their singing ability, but due to their sexual image. thats just outright sexism and 'slut shaming' or whatever, lets be real here.

people can where what they want, and it has no impact on their success or talents. women in the music industry can dress like Adele and be popular and talented, cool, but so can people who choose to dress differently and show more skin.

or they should be able to at least, without receiving criticism for it or being labeled 'prostitutes'. thats all I'm saying :).

because he's stating that women in the music industry 'dress like prostitutes', and insinuating that that causes their success rather than their talent. not only is that shaming people for what they wear (and specifically women, in this case), it also insinuates that women who choose to show more skin than Adele are popular not for their singing ability, but due to their sexual image. thats just outright sexism and 'slut shaming' or whatever, lets be real here.

people can where what they want, and it has no impact on their success or talents. women in the music industry can dress like Adele and be popular and talented, cool, but so can people who choose to dress differently and show more skin.

or they should be able to at least, without receiving criticism for it or being labeled 'prostitutes'. thats all I'm saying :).

Woah woah woah, I am not slut shaming at all thanks, I might have worded it harshly but that fact of the matter is women can easily say no to wearing skimpy clothes on sets and stuff I'm not misogynistic thanks, I am showing support for a FEMALE, and also I'm very sure miley Cyrus is being forced to have some very dirty live shows, which I don't need to mention because we have all seen them, she might be a good singer and that goes for many of these singers in the mainstream however, wearing skimpy clothes and doing sexual stuff and dances in live shows is not nice to watch and the whole point is that dressing like this gets them attention on the news tabloids whether it's good or bad it's still attention and some singers thrive off of it, which shouldn't be how people get famous or popular, its unfair on those who have great voices but don't want to bow down to the medias idealistic view on women which is to be a stick thin sex object, which is WRONG!! Adele gets fat shamed all the time because of this and it is wrong. It's the same for men who get famous because they have nice looks and a six pack its wring and its not the reason why people should get access in the music industry. The reason why I like Adele is because she has true talent and doesn't use autotune. Lots of men and women who are popular that use autotune but because they are attractive its okay. It's wrong that this is the case and I wish the days of the 50's, 60's and 70's were back as even though there were acceptions its wasn't all sex sex sex... So the point is I'm not slut shaming I didn't say anything of the type so don't ever put words into my mouth, I'm just saying that women should not have to wear revealing clothing and bow down to the medias unrealistic representation of women which makes people these days feel uncomfortable in their own skin because that's what they have to look like, and its bad for women and young girls that a lot of role models sing and wear things that have a sexual overtone and its fresh whenni see people like Foxes, Adele, London grammar just to name a few, who actually rely of vocal talent to promote them selves and get themselves known without having to do something shocking to get themselves known. Like I said I worded that previous statement harshly and should have not used that term so I apologise but I support women's rights wholeheartedly so to scream out sexist and slut shamer without reading between the lines, its unfair. Be careful blurting words like that can harm more then you realise. I long for the day where if I accidently say something non PC that I'm not shot down for it and being accused of being this and that, its unfair and what you said is certainly not what I meant...

Edit: Thanks imindetonator some of that was the point I was trying to make but it came out a bit too harsh lol, thanks :)

• 2 weeks later...

(Do excuse me for posting yet another Oasis song :ninja:)

So most of you by now may have seen John Lewis' Xmas advert for this year. The song featured was a cover of the Oasis classic 'Half The World Away', which not only fitted the advert and the story it's telling perfectly, but all in all it's simply a great track! :D