Music

Phill

• 1 month later...

In exactly the same boat as you pluk. The only concert of his that I managed to get tickets to was rescheduled to a time I was in the states.

My iphone played (on random play) the following on my drive to work this morning and it was odd, it was the first time I had actually listened to it. It was from his most recent album. The first sentance really poignant.

"Look up here, I'm in heaven"

• 3 weeks later...

It's really annoying, even after all the times I've seen them they still haven't played Citizen Erased. They've played Bliss every time and surprisingly Dead Star on two of them but sadly no CE :( (although they've been playing it on this tour so I've got super high hopes). (This one ended up being £85, and that's coming straight through the promoters on Eventim, touts are even higher).

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I found my copy of Queen- Greatest Hits 1 earlier.

It's like a dream come true...

As Terry Pratchett and Niel Gaiman said in Good Omens -

- [p. 19/3] "[...] all tapes left in a car for more than about a fortnight metamorphose into 'Best of Queen' albums."

This phenomenon, I personally believe, was one of the greatest driving forces behind the ipod and iphone taking over the main form of in car audio entertainment.

p.s. if you have never read Good Omens then you are missing out!