Music

Phill

On 01/07/2016 at 8:26 PM, Amarghh said:

If you go into HMV at the moment crosley's are around £79.99 to £99.99 and inside the box there's a 15% off voucher! They're good for being portable and their colour range is nice but if you want to one up on that there's the Pro-ject elemental which is around £160+ and was voted best turntable for sound quality in previous years. :)

crosley's are awful turntables. any turntable with built in speakers isn't worth your time if you want vinyl to be more than just a novelty thing, the Pro-Ject Elemental is a really good turntable for the price but you have to remember that a huge chunk of the cost for a turntable set up goes towards the amp, the pre amp, the speakers, etc.

Never really bothered with monstercat mixes but the July one was delicious. 

Notable mentions include:

Muzzy - Calling Out

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JZJIdovpJM0

Tut Tut Child - Autonomy

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CfDdBmBKTdU

Haywyre - Impulse (you may have to scroll down to song 51)

This is so called 'contemporary DnB'. It's very minimalistic, Laxx kinda style, but my god is the middle bridge superb. New song to listen to for a while tbh.

(I attached my playlist which if anyone is interested is pretty much entirely EDM)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

As the entire world and it's mother and pet cat probably know, Ed Sheeran has made a comeback after a year off. I'm not a particular fan of his and I don't exactly go out of my way to listen to his music as I found his early stuff especially wasn't my cup of tea, but I'd like to just mention a couple of his new songs here. I just think that they just possess such a level of energy that I really enjoy in a song so here you go lads

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Can I have a little brag please? My super talented other half (now wife, to be exact but that makes me sound super old) - Becky Jerams - has a track she co-wrote on the K-Pop act Red Velvet's "The Red Summer" mini album. The album is currently #1 on the Billboard World chart, and the track itself "You Better Know" - which isn't even the title track - has has 1.5 million streams, 84,000 sales and charted at #14 in Korea :D

I know we have some K-Pop fans amongst us so hope you don't mind me sharing.... those figures obviously don't include Youtube streams/usage above so we are super excited. Just a shame it takes a good a year or so for the first royalties to come through! ;)