Computers

Marc

...and since OS X only runs on a Mac, it makes sense to ask who has a Mac. A Mac is more, it's great design, everything built in (Camera, Mic, IR, Bluetooth, Wifi, etc).The site I was testing was a template for the up-comming Chessington Mania, which passed validation, which means it was an IE fault for it crashing. Now stop trolling this topic and make your own.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Ah yes, another Mac topic.A Mac is nowhere near the same as a pc. If anything, its a revolution.& Marc, I'm willing to pay the extra for a computer that doesn't randomly balls up, that doesn't lose my files & that actually works. Also, I'm sure you'll find it hard to install and run mac's OS X on any old PC.

Ah yes, another Mac topic.A Mac is nowhere near the same as a pc. If anything, its a revolution.& Marc, I'm willing to pay the extra for a computer that doesn't randomly balls up, that doesn't lose my files & that actually works.

£1,036, and I'm happy to say I worked for every penny of that. Very much worth it, I have no problems with it except the annoying keyboard intentional lag with the CAPS LOCK button. No installers, no random shut downs, quick start up and turn off, fast login and fast access to programs. It has an inbuilt camera, inbuilt wireless and everything you need, you don't have to pay for. All I need.

Incorrect, Mac is an annoying os, whereas baby Windows works most of the time... and almost 95% programs are compatible.I guess you weren't the dumb ones who installed Ubuntu 64bit and then realised no apps for it are around yet :(

Please come up with a valid point before putting your argument up for grabs, thanks.

Incorrect, Mac is an annoying os, whereas baby Windows works most of the time... and almost 95% programs are compatible.

What the f**k are you on?

And you will find osx will run on pretty much anything running an intel processor =]

OS X isn't designed to run on anything else other than a Mac. Doing so violates the EULA, which is why Apple is suing Pystar Computers into oblivion for making knock off Macs. As for why the Mac is a revolution, it's because it changed the way people saw personal computing. The first iMac came in bright colours, was easy to use, and could get on the internet with little setup, thus 'I' = 'internetMac'. 'I' also represents it's you, as it stores the things you love, it made digital photography easy for everyone, editing a video. This is all stuff Windows tried to replicate later on with 'Movie Maker', and 'Photo Studio' or what ever it was. Go back further to the first ever Macintosh, it was the first ever computer to have a MOUSE, a graphical user interface, fonts, display images, the jpeg, the mov file, it was there first.

£1,036, and I'm happy to say I worked for every penny of that. Very much worth it, I have no problems with it except the annoying keyboard intentional lag with the CAPS LOCK button. No installers, no random shut downs, quick start up and turn off, fast login and fast access to programs. It has an inbuilt camera, inbuilt wireless and everything you need, you don't have to pay for. All I need.Please come up with a valid point before putting your argument up for grabs, thanks.

Please don't talk to me, thanks.

What the f**k are you on?

Everytime I have needed to purchase or download a free program, it has worked fine on my PC first time. My friend has a Mac G5 or something silly like that, and can't even get a working version of MSN that works, let alone not being able to run some programs we use. :(

Incorrect, Mac is an annoying os, whereas baby Windows works most of the time... and almost 95% programs are compatible.I guess you weren't the dumb ones who installed Ubuntu 64bit and then realised no apps for it are around yet :(

I cant even begin to think how you could begin to say something like that..Mac OS X is the worlds most stable operating system, its fact. You cant say otherwise.around 90% of those compatible programs you dont even need.

I cant even begin to think how you could begin to say something like that..Mac OS X is the worlds most stable operating system, its fact. You cant say otherwise.around 90% of those compatible programs you dont even need.

I think you will find somthing like Free BSD is the worlds most stable operating system or somthing!And who are you to speak for the billions of PC users that 90% of them programs are not needed, they obviously are or they would not have been made..

The Microsoft platform took over because they sold it and licensed it to computer manufactures. Apple didn't want to take this approach, it wanted to ensure their OS ran how they want it to, well. It's because Apple make the software and the hardware, the two come together and work so well. No hunting for drivers if you wanna update, everything really is plug and play. Just because Microsoft has the larger share, doesn't make it superior in terms of how well it works. Microsoft has always been playing catchup with Apple, and probably always will. Apple comes up with Widgets, Microsoft releases two years later Gadgets, etc. End of the day, we've chosen to use a Mac, we like the integration of everything. So we can't use the 'full' features of the Microsoft MSN, but you know what, we have iChat which is miles better, it's just a shame it uses AIM, which is only big in the US. So you can keep your PC with your firewalls and virus software, and buggy OS, really, that's fine by me, and we'll just keep on using OSX. Thanks.

Did I mention Mac's don't have any viruses at all? So I don't need to shell out on expensive virus protection, or the free s**t like AVG which do jack s**t?Oh, yeah.

tbh, nor do Windows users. Myself, and my friend Jack who runs Vista, never use Virus protection. Why? Because we don't need it. In my year of having this PC, I have never had a virus, and nor has Jack. What is the point? And I know many people who use AVG (Y)

I think you will find somthing like Free BSD is the worlds most stable operating system or somthing!And who are you to speak for the billions of PC users that 90% of them programs are not needed, they obviously are or they would not have been made..

Along with the election of Labour, election of President Bush, the wonders of smoking, Christianity, and PCs. Just becuase lots of people chose that, it makes it right.Oh, wait.