Computers

Marc

Macs have a webcam, of which is fantastic. If I'm not mistaken marc, you've used one to take an image of yourself.& steven, how do you know you dont have a virus on your PC?Personally, I find Macs to be fantastically priced. As your more likely to spend more on a PC, such as; the virus protection fees, webcam, mics, speakers, graphics card etc.

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The Microsoft platform took over because they sold it and licensed it to computer manufactures. Apple didn't want to take this approach, it wanted to ensure their OS ran how they want it to, well. It's because Apple make the software and the hardware, the two come together and work so well. No hunting for drivers if you wanna update, everything really is plug and play.

Erm I cant think of the last time I didnt use somthing what wasnt plug and play, and if somthing needs drivers it will come with the device, so no hunting needed!

Just because Microsoft has the larger share, doesn't make it superior in terms of how well it works. Microsoft has always been playing catchup with Apple, and probably always will. Apple comes up with Widgets, Microsoft releases two years later Gadgets, etc.

Yep apple do have their good ideas, but I would hardly say they are allways playing catchup..

End of the day, we've chosen to use a Mac, we like the integration of everything. So we can't use the 'full' features of the Microsoft MSN, but you know what, we have iChat which is miles better, it's just a shame it uses AIM, which is only big in the US. So you can keep your PC with your firewalls and virus software, and buggy OS, really, that's fine by me, and we'll just keep on using OSX. Thanks.

Firewall defult, virus software my nan can do, and what bugs? Have fun with your dated hardware, although I hear there are a new range coming out soon though, I presume they will all be quad core etc!

Macs have a webcam, of which is fantastic. If I'm not mistaken marc, you've used one to take an image of yourself.& steven, how do you know you dont have a virus on your PC?

So do many laptops now a days, obviously normal pc desktops dont, have fun upgrading your display!

You do know Apple is close with Intel, so we actually get the new processors a month before they're actually released? I'm not gonna keep on arguing, it's a fruitless task. I've already made my thoughts clear. Windows inability to manage resources, the fact it can't protect itself without 3rd party help, and the lack of fluency through out the OS is why I, personally, use a Mac. You can use your windows, really, fine by me, I didn't come into your topic and start calling windows s**t, did I?

But PC's can be updated much better than Macs, as we can update our software, and hardware easily.Since when can you open a Mac, and swap all the bits around with possibly cheaper ones with other manufactures?

With the ones that work? Ah yes, when actually opening up your PC voids your warranty, you *****. Good luck with claiming a refund.

You do know Apple is close with Intel, so we actually get the new processors a month before they're actually released? I'm not gonna keep on arguing, it's a fruitless task. I've already made my thoughts clear. Windows inability to manage resources, the fact it can't protect itself without 3rd party help, and the lack of fluency through out the OS is why I, personally, use a Mac. You can use your windows, really, fine by me, I didn't come into your topic and start calling windows ****, did I?

Sound like a kid in a playground!And is that so? I cant see a bog standard iMac with a quad core just yet..

Sound like a kid in a playground, what the hell are you on about? And if you don't see an iMac with a quad core, then you go find the MacPro with two quad cores? Steven, it's clear you've never used a Mac, with statements "you can't update your software and hardware easily". One screw comes out and I have access to my RAM and hardrive for upgrade, one push of a button runs Software update, which checks all my programs for updates.As I said, not gonna keep arguing.

Sound like a kid in a playground, what the hell are you on about? And if you don't see an iMac with a quad core, then you go find the MacPro with two quad cores? Steven, it's clear you've never used a Mac, with statements "you can't update your software and hardware easily". One screw comes out and I have access to my RAM and hardrive for upgrade, one push of a button runs Software update, which checks all my programs for updates.As I said, not gonna keep arguing.

Out of interest how much are the mac pros?And have fun with that, id like you to fit a nice nvidia SLI unit in your mac to play the latest games.... oh..

But PC's can be updated much better than Macs, as we can update our software, and hardware easily.Since when can you open a Mac, and swap all the bits around with possibly cheaper ones with other manufactures?

You cant form a simple sentence with correct grammar, let alone put together a decent argument.Macs update all of their programs via their update system. Of which have regular updates, that I never had when I used my PC. So please stop talking s**t before you know the facts.& just because your PC dosent tell you theres a virus on your computer, whats to say theres not one hidden?

Right I'm sorry, but listen the f**k up. Quad core is NOT bog standard, Joe Blogs doesn't go into Pissy Werld* and ask for a Quad Core PC. Very few programs can utilise all the cores, and even fewer numbers of people have the need for such processing power, hence such power is only available in top of the range Macs. Suck it.*Weebl & Bob referance

Can I just add onto the laptops with no virus stuff gets none, have you guys seen my laptop? And the it not breaking thing, again have you seen my laptop? I have to have a CD just to sort it all out and an A4 page of instuctions. I figured out that it was not my fault, it was windows vista. So give me a Mac anyday, its better then what I've got at the moment.

Well my past 3 pcs have all been custom built, only problems ive had with them are hardware failure TBH with you

Macs just dont get hardware failure, as they say "It just works". They're right, it does do just that. I have not had a single problem, Ditto to Seb, *Microsoft* Messenger for Mac is the only thing thats crashed on my system