Computers

Marc

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Well apparently >> this << programme called Fraps can do it but I've never tried it. I'm sure theres a button you press in RCT3 and it starts recording anyway?

I'll give it a go - cheers.

There is an inbuilt screen recorder on RCT3 yes.That sounds like the easiest way surely...

Can someone tell me please where I can locate it? Is it available in Sandbox mode and other modes? If someone can post a screengrab telling me which button to push that would be great.

Well I know it's spelt Codec for a start, which could well explain why you've been having trouble finding information elsewhere!First stop is always [here].What type of DVDs are they? Are they movies, DVD+/-Rs or +/-RWs? If they are films what region are they? What are you trying to use to play them? What file types are on aforementioned DVDs? Do the DVDs have any restrictions on them? Are you getting any error messages and if so what are they?Many variables to consider.

• 6 years later...

As I'm an IT student and currently pondering on how to improve the performance of that big metal box sat to my right, I'm bringing this back.

So RCT3 hasn't been acting great lately (in small patches), so this gave me an opportunity to put my new-found technical knowledge to the test. The game was crashing periodically, and worst of all, none of the billboard images will load in one of my parks! So the solution was fairly obvious; I had to increase the speed and performance of that game...but there was a one-worded question on my mind; How?

My first guess was to buy a new processor. My current one is an Intel Pentium Dual-Core processor with 2.60 GHz, which as you can guess isn't very high. But I had two barriers ahead of me. One of them is that my PC runs perfectly well anyway on just 2.60 GHz, and another was that as a Level 3 IT student, the idea that a processor - a tiny metal box sat on the motherboard of an even bigger metal box - would even affect the running performance of a disk-driven game in the slightest definitely didn't feel right. It was perfectly clear to the mind that a disk drive is very much an external component...as is the information stored on the disk that the disk drive is reading.

But thankfully one of my friends who I met up with today isn't an IT student...but yet he's still quite the techie! He advised me to in fact buy an SSD card to put with my hard drive. My game had been crashing/not loading billboard images, simply because my hard drive was beginning to struggle. SSD cards are pretty cheap and they do help with the performance of not just the computer itself, but also any old PC game loaded onto a disk.

However, I do also know that if my SSD card isn't giving me the amount of power that I need, then it's time I updated my motherboard - processor and all! :P

Unfortunately I feel your problems with RCT3 do not lie with the hardware. RCT3 has many glitches on windows 7 and later. Such as the game will constantly crash if a park exceeds a certain size. Billboards with custom images will nearly always crash the game or cause other errors. The game itself can only use something like 512mb of ram. An ssd will boost loading times on everything saved to it (my pc turns on in 15 seconds flat thanks to the ssd) however they are normally small in size and wont hold much past the OS and a couple of games. 

My PC has a i5 4670k overclocked to 4.2GHz, 16GB RAM, Nvidia GTX 770 and rct3 still crashes and lags. The game is from an age where PC's didn't have anything close to what we currently have and as a result in many circumstances it cant use a lot of the new found computing power. 

You're mostly right ^

Rct3s problems rely in the fact that it can only eat up to half a gig of ram.

The games aren't supported past 15 mb in size (which is why I use park cleanup) however upon the use of external programmes to get the parks to load it can easily corrupt the game due to 3rd party interruption.

Billboards aren't too bad if your images quality is low and it uses a simple pallette of colours. 

Anyway, my LAPTOP (fml) specs are:

i7

16 gb ram

2.50 ghz

Nvidia GTX 720

Billboards aren't too bad if your images quality is low and it uses a simple pallette of colours. 

You may have a point actually.

My in-game images are in PNG format...and out of all the images I have, three of them load every time. This is most certainly because they're JPEGs. I'm guessing solving my problem simply lies in converting these images to JPG?

• 1 year later...