Science Museum, London

Theme Park bloke

Sorry, but I need to have a rant and rave on this. Last week I went up to London for the day. I went to the Science Museum to find that attractions that I am waiting to see are still closed and may never re-open.Firstly, level 2 of the "launch pad" has been closed since about November last year. It was called digitopolis and is being refurbished. It was meant to open about April this year. Nothing has happened in almost a year. They have taken everything out of the floor, taken the "box sign" down that was hung up and lit. Why change this? This was fascinating, yet useful and knowledgable for kids!Posted ImageSecondly, the Food For Thought exhibition has been closed since the summer of 2003. A few years ago I was told it would not re-open and was being redeveloped. This was despite a sign at it's entrance stating that it would be opening in the future. I once made a complaint after enquiring as to when it would open - after being told that it wouldn't, I then asked them why there was a sign saying it would. They immediately removed the sign.Last week, I went up to the level this exhibition is on to find that half of the level is shut. Time Measurement, directly opposite it, has now closed too and a huge boarded wall stopping anyone from going in has been erected. Since 2003 you haven't been able to get into Food For Thought because of a smaller boarded wall at it's entrance.What makes me laugh though is that in these past 5 years, I have looked across into Food For Thought from the Time Measurement area, and can see up until this present day, that not a single damn thing has been changed!The Science Museum is great, if they want to change exhibitions, then fair enough. But surely it would make more sense to keep these attractions open right up until a few days before closing them and ripping them apart starts, rather than keep them closed for years and not do anything with them?If they wanna educate the public, keep them open!

Firstly, level 2 of the "launch pad" has been closed since about November last year. It was called digitopolis and is being refurbished. It was meant to open about April this year. Nothing has happened in almost a year. They have taken everything out of the floor, taken the "box sign" down that was hung up and lit. Why change this? This was fascinating, yet useful and knowledgable for kids!Posted ImageSecondly, the Food For Thought exhibition has been closed since the summer of 2003. A few years ago I was told it would not re-open and was being redeveloped. This was despite a sign at it's entrance stating that it would be opening in the future. I once made a complaint after enquiring as to when it would open - after being told that it wouldn't, I then asked them why there was a sign saying it would. They immediately removed the sign.Last week, I went up to the level this exhibition is on to find that half of the level is shut. Time Measurement, directly opposite it, has now closed too and a huge boarded wall stopping anyone from going in has been erected. Since 2003 you haven't been able to get into Food For Thought because of a smaller boarded wall at it's entrance.What makes me laugh though is that in these past 5 years, I have looked across into Food For Thought from the Time Measurement area, and can see up until this present day, that not a single damn thing has been changed!The Science Museum is great, if they want to change exhibitions, then fair enough. But surely it would make more sense to keep these attractions open right up until a few days before closing them and ripping them apart starts, rather than keep them closed for years and not do anything with them?If they wanna educate the public, keep them open!

launch pad and digitopolis - two COMPLETELY different things, launch pad has been re-located to somewhere else which I can't remember - and is better than ever!Digitopolis - never saw signs for the re-opening and imo I h8ed digitopolis, besides there are SO MANY other things so just forget it and come back some other timein Future is awesomeyou've just gone at a bad timeshush, it's awesome and you should have gone to the 'science of survival' exebition