Oblivion

AltonThorpe

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just disappointed that they seem to be wanting to turn Heide Park into Thorpe...

I'd understand you talking about a ride in alton towers but as your not even talking about Alton towers take that comment to the other Theme Parks and Attractions page :rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

I almost ripped my eyes out of my skull.Jord just because you hate water so much you would 'rather die of thirst' than drink it. And Fanta is the only drink you like, does not mean this advertisement is acceptable!

Anything done by Fanta, or has a Fanta logo on is pure perfection.

That is urgh vile, I am not happy with what they have done to the entrance by putting metal panels over it and making the Oblivion font smaller and the writing above. ;) Old good (2010&before) Entrance :oPosted ImageBad ugly new entrance :)Posted ImageThis is just going to make the whole 'government/intimidating feel of X-sector be less 'powerful'. I mean it says 'take on Oblivion with Fanta' - what sort of tagline is that! I know there is an image somewhere (I can't find it) where the man in the queue line videos is holding a can of tango/fanta, it actually would not surprise me if this actually happened. :lol:EDIT:Yes, I know X-Sector could do with a bit of TLC, but it's like they are trying to do it by adding a sponsor. And that old entrance may have been changed before the sponsorship, but the old one still looks a lot better.

So many reasons why this sponsorship is wrong, but in my opinion it isn't actually all that terrible. I mean, the ride is hardly suffering from a few orange repaints in places and some new ad signage. Personally, I find the whole Fanta brand extremely irritating, but it is bearable. Oblivion is still a fantastic ride, and it has always had a rather in-your-face sponsorship before (that massive Coca-Cola logo on the roof of the Rehydrator anybody?). A shame that they have not removed all the old Coca-Cola logos, as now it seems Oblivion has two sponsors.What I don't like though is the same-old same-old "bring it on, going on this ride makes me A TOUGH GUY"-type attitude. No, Oblivon is not a random something for your to "bring on", it should be something sinister and exhilarating. I mean, just look at it... It could be worse, but it should be better.Posted ImageLet's be thankful that it is only a few walls and pipes that have been ruined.

See, I don't mind the orange piping, it's just the friendly little fanta mascots and rainbow colours on the Oblivion entrance I take issue with. I'm not incredibly offended by it, but I do wish it was slightly more subtle. Kind of like the dr pepper advertising on Tidal Wave which does't hit you like a brick.