Oblivion

AltonThorpe

Whilst I agree the experience of Oblivion is great, the 'track and train' element just doesn't do it for me. As such, that reflects on my overall judgement of the attraction. Probably haven't explained any of this that well, but can't think how to word it. Oblivion as a whole attraction is okay, as the experience is great, but the 'track and train' element lets it down.

I guess it boils down to how we separate rides from experiences, and how we're judging attractions. :)

• 1 month later...

Now this repaint has started it's not looking as bad as I first feared. I'm assuming they'll repaint the supports too?

Feared? It will always be a massive improvement when they bring a coaster back up to the standard it once was and something people like us have been calling for for years. It is going to look superb, as it was designed to. What was you fearing?

Oh wow :wub:

My first time to Towers was 2007 so I only remember it being grey. The pictures so far are superb ^_^

Will they be sprucing up the cars too? I believe the restraints have faded, would be nice to see them lovely and orange again (and any other parts of the cars if they're faded) :D

It's always Colossus isn't it. What about rides like Vampire which have been screaming for a repaint for 23 years...

At least Vampire looking old and rusted sort of fits in with the theme.

Colossus is supposed to look spectacular and stand out etc, not rusty and covered in oil.

To be honest I would like to see the whole Colossus area cleaned up, not just a repaint.

Oh wow :wub:

My first time to Towers was 2007 so I only remember it being grey. The pictures so far are superb ^_^

Will they be sprucing up the cars too? I believe the restraints have faded, would be nice to see them lovely and orange again (and any other parts of the cars if they're faded) :D

The ride cars have been gradually sorted out over the past year or so. They attempted, badly, in 2011 (ish) to paint over some of the more worn restraints, but long term, they have ended up looking worst as paint has cracked off, leaving the faded mess behind anyway.

Some of the cars already were looking good, with all new restraints. Hopefully, they'll sort the remaining few out, and possibly tart some of them up too - like where guests put their feet, a lot of the paint was going.

:)

At least Vampire looking old and rusted sort of fits in with the theme.

Colossus is supposed to look spectacular and stand out etc, not rusty and covered in oil.

To be honest I would like to see the whole Colossus area cleaned up, not just a repaint.

By that logic, it's supposed to be a lost city. Generally things that have been lost through time, aren't in tip-top condition.