Oblivion

AltonThorpe

Who seriously accepts the excuse that "rides are supposed to look rusty" just because they have a dark theme? When somebody builds a ride, they don't say "Oh let's build a ride about an oily rusty rollercoaster in a jungle! That's just what the public want!"

No ride is 'supposed' to look rusty. Even Nemesis, which has painted-on stains and scars, is not supposed to have real blemishes like peeling paint and rust covering the track. There is a line between what suits the theme and what just looks poorly maintained.

Feared? It will always be a massive improvement when they bring a coaster back up to the standard it once was and something people like us have been calling for for years. It is going to look superb, as it was designed to. What was you fearing?

I guess I'm just used to it being grey.

Just waiting for Colossus repaint :wub:

This must be the oldest closed season rumour ever. I got over it not being done years ago, and I now firmly believe it won't be. Although it did get a little brush-over a couple of years back, at the top of the lift hill (or was that good ol' cleaning?).

It's always Colossus isn't it. What about rides like Vampire which have been screaming for a repaint for 23 years...

Ever since someone mentioned about the numbering paint-over mess made on Vampire's supports during it's 2001 closure, I've looked at this almost every time I queue for it, then look up to the top to see how smooth and a lighter brown the rest is. :)

I wasn't aware mountains were yellow foam in real life...

They are indeed. They're not real.

I'd love to see Colossus generally cleaned up, especially the cobra roll pit which has suffered too long.

I think the re-paint of Oblivion looks great so far :) I've only ever known it to be grey, but it looks so much better in black! Really hope they brighten up everything. You can't have a nice black track, then have worn out orange on the cars etc.

I'd personally like to see an update to the ride video they have - http://youtu.be/mO3teMXjrwI

I think the re-paint of Oblivion looks great so far :) I've only ever known it to be grey, but it looks so much better in black! Really hope they brighten up everything. You can't have a nice black track, then have worn out orange on the cars etc.

I'd personally like to see an update to the ride video they have - http://youtu.be/mO3teMXjrwI

I was about to say - queueline videos do work and are still used.

There are videos in four different areas, including the station.

He used to play a gangster in brookside for years when it first started. He was a sinister character and many characters would owe him debt and many other things - Was well known back in the day for playing the role. Due to his 'evil' presense in the soap world then that's why he may of been hired to play the lord of darkness ^_^

Being small does make riding coasters challenging sometimes. I often find that when I hit brake runs (especially on Oblivion) I get thrown into the restraints and, not gonna lie, it hurts my chest quite a lot. I do agree that Oblivion is comfortable though... just not the brake run!

The worst for me are definately Top Scans. I get thrown around in them far too much for my liking. Tall people, consider yourselves lucky!

Did you ever ride Corckscrew?

Yes, I found it quite comfortable and an OK ride. A few years ago before it closed my mate got whiplash as we came off the lift hill and down the first drop.

Not going to lie, being short can provide some challenges with rides. Like Stealth I have a lot of room etc so I can find some extremely uncomfortable but I found Oblivion to be comfortable and I didn't feel like I was going to slip out and die =D

My mate has size 15 feet so always struggles to get his feet in, and the same with Colossus.