Oblivion

AltonThorpe

Being small does make riding coasters challenging sometimes. I often find that when I hit brake runs (especially on Oblivion) I get thrown into the restraints and, not gonna lie, it hurts my chest quite a lot. I do agree that Oblivion is comfortable though... just not the brake run!

The worst for me are definately Top Scans. I get thrown around in them far too much for my liking. Tall people, consider yourselves lucky!

Oblivion I do find very comfortable and being tall does mean the majority of coasters whilst riding them are comfortable as your head is cleared from the restraints to be bashed into.

Tall people however have problems with Top Spins, as soon as those restraints go down they dig right into my shoulders and constantly pushing down. Your chest feels squeezed as it's at the top of the restraint and you can't move an inch - Painful as hell before the ride has even started let alone when it moves!

• 4 months later...

Feel quite privileged to be one of the last guest to ride it before it died, was on the transfer track when it did! Shame though, one of my favourite rides and always start the day with it so when it died on the first day we didn't get to go on it on the second :(

Its a shame, hope its back up for august because this, unlike Slammer is one of their biggest attractions and they will loose money (even though we got the smiler) because people will want to ride blivvy and Smiler. It's a shame I always thought it was highly reliable.

But thats not a mechanical problem is it?? In thorpe near enough every ride has worked fine,and just had the general downtime. Alton's X-sector seems to be having a whole host of mechanical problems at the moment, which need to be sorted out! You wouldn't of thought that Enterprise has had alot of new parts after its been down for 3 weeks?

"But thats not a mechanical problem is it?? In thorpe near enough every ride has worked fine,and just had the general downtime."

Not quite right, but then again, we cannot always hear of each time something breaks down; SWARM had a bit of a disaster last Tuesday, fixed later in the day, Colossus has had a couple of daft time outs caused by links breaking or items interfering with track systems, and I only knew because I was there.

I have been lucky with the rides I wanted to use.

But no thorpe park ride has been broken for at least 3 weeks like enterprise or about 2 in oblivion's case.

This year being the exception of course... I don't really know a time where Towers had something akin to Slammer's downtime...

Besides, if that comment isn't the kiss of death on Thorpe, I don't know what is...

This year being the exception of course... I don't really know a time where Towers had something akin to Slammer's downtime...

Besides, if that comment isn't the kiss of death on Thorpe, I don't know what is...

You've just killed Slammer now... :P