AltonThorpe

Oblivion

my first ride on blivvy had me with a soaking face by the end of it.And the nemesis mist just drips too much from the ceiling and track.

But it can have serious effect on the walls, no so much that it's structurally putting anything or itself at risk.

I wouldn't call getting them wet a serious effect.

tbh with you oblivion if I got my facts right was jsut a tester of a verticle drop ride and was the first so of course it wont be that long !!! plus its an original ride its great how it is :D

yeah, you're right. Its a prototype coaster. and so is air I think....Before the Huge american Giant B&M's are introduced, they make a small prototype in alton first. Which is lucly for alton I guess seeing as they have a height limit.

yeah, you're right. Its a prototype coaster. and so is air I think....

Which is why I'm not looking forward to the next SW... it might be tamer than it could possibly be, and it's potential is lost.As for oblivion, I think it is a good ride, but now, the theming is just so boring. I know they won't, but Alton should really invest a year into turning this area into a clean cut, futuristic setting, because at the moment, it looks so bland, and 'fifties lab.' *yawn*

Which is why I'm not looking forward to the next SW... it might be tamer than it could possibly be, and it's potential is lost.

It's not nessecerily going to be a prototype though...

It's not nessecerily going to be a prototype though...

But if Alton follow their whole: "Wowsa, I've never seen that done before," thing they do with the Secret Weapons, then it will probably be a whole new concept, which would require a prototype somewhere.

I didn't realise this but the bloke in the queueline videos actually works at the park!

Does he? He's a slightly famous actor, got his own wikipedia page and website and has starred in a few well known telly programmes. Cant remember his name though.. Beth'll know!

After emailing Alton Towers, I have received a response in which they tell me that however amusing, the team members name is not called Renny Krupinski and does not feature in the Oblivion Queueline Videos. They also told me that whoever told me is a berk.

But if Alton follow their whole: "Wowsa, I've never seen that done before," thing they do with the Secret Weapons, then it will probably be a whole new concept, which would require a prototype somewhere.

Nemesis wasn't a prototype.

After emailing Alton Towers, I have received a response in which they tell me that however amusing, the team members name is not called Renny Krupinski and does not feature in the Oblivion Queueline Videos. They also told me that whoever told me is a berk.

Gareth, you're a berk. But then why the hell are there video links on Renny's website?

Just wondering, Is there a stroryline behind Oblivion (like Hex and nemesis) becuase I can remember reading somewhere it had something to do with the millitary?!