Rant

Theme Park bloke

• 2 weeks later...

One thing that has annoyed me slightly...Now, I completely understand that snow will affect transport. I know that with the heavy downpour I've had the past few days - resulting is about 5 inches of snow - is bound to cancel a few trains and flights and buses and whatever else.On Saturday and Sunday, when the snow was falling, trains were running. Yet now, despite the condition of the tracks improving, trains are now cancelled in my area. Meant I couldn't get into college today, which was annoying. And now the snow is falling again, already had nearly an inch in about half an hour. No roads gritted, no paths gritted. I sure do hope that Philip Hammond is choking on his words that we'd "be able to cope with (the snow)."

And now the snow is falling again, already had nearly an inch in about half an hour. No roads gritted, no paths gritted.

You expect roads and paths to be gritted as soon as snow falls?Never gonna happen... Even if they did it would still take ages for some areas to be gritted...Half the time it's not the actual snow falling that is the problem... It's the ice and settled hard snow that is the main issue... Ever been hit with a properly packed snowball? It hurts more than a fresh one mainly as the snow is a lot harder as it's been compacted (I could go deeper into how the molecule behave, but cba)... Hence it can cause immense problems with train suspension... And the issues with ice should be obvious... I bloody skidded in my car today around a corner due to ice... Imagine what a metallic rail suffers from when it gets iced up...And why were you meant to go into college today? That sucks big time...On the subject of snow... I just drove down to London from Manchester today... And snow didn't affect me in the slightest... It damn well affected my train on Saturday because ended up being on one for 4 odd hours... But I didn't moan because the snow was indeed heavy...So basically, DEAL WITH IT... Stop whinging about it...

In no way am I expecting roads to be gritted straight away.But the fact that no grit whatsoever had been laid down prior - and yes, it was predicted (granted, not as much) - that is what I don't like.Yep, been hit by a properly packed snowball, and it does blooming hurt. Also, was in a skidding car on Saturday, striking the kerb with a bit of force. That hurts a bit too..Yeah, college term meant to finish tomorrow, though will probably not open tomorrow. I was meant to be getting past papers today dor revision, which is why I'm annoyed.In the end, yeah, I'm moaning about the snow. So? I can deal with it, and have dealt with it so far, but there's a point where I just tire of how unprepared this country can be...

I'm tired of people moaning about it.If the road is usually gritted, it would've been gritted. It doesn't stop snow settling.Dunno if you get on trains, but if you did you'd realise the past few weeks, the platforms are gritted everyday.. yet when the snow falls.. omg.. it settles on it.Bloody hell. Expect bloody disruption. Every country in the world gets it. Its just how they deal with it. And tbf, they've dealt with it well (apart from ****ty spanish owned heathrow - but we all know why that is).

Every country in the world gets it. Its just how they deal with it. And tbf, they've dealt with it well (apart from ****ty spanish owned heathrow - but we all know why that is).

So your telling me it snows around the equator? Something tell me your lying! Seeing as it rains in africa like once a year if that there....

Dunno if you get on trains, but if you did you'd realise the past few weeks, the platforms are gritted everyday.. yet when the snow falls.. omg.. it settles on it.

Whilst the stations I've seen don't get gritted (though, to be fair, I only ever see 3) I'll give the staff or whoever the kudos that they actual shovel it or something, cause the snow was pretty much cleared when I saw it on Tuesday, whilst most other places had snow / ice.

So your telling me it snows around the equator? Something tell me your lying! Seeing as it rains in africa like once a year if that there....

Also, whilst I'm not the ranting at Ricky personally here (as so many people do it, and his was the easiest to quote :P), how hard is it to differentiate between YOUR and YOU'RE!?!?!

I got a new CD Player for Christmas because I wanted one with an iPod dock.I gave my old (quite large & powerful) sound system to my Mum & Dad for the front room as theirs broke.All I've heard all morning is F***ing Take That's new album. I want to rip my face off, but instead I shall blast The Black Keys out.

All I want more than anything in the world right now is to work for chessington this year. But due to my age, it makes things complicated. I am old enough to apply, but I'm young enough for the whole process to be so much longer and complicated than it should be. And then I hear on facebook that one of my friends as an inteveiw next week... She can get an interveiw really quickly because she is born a few months ahead of me... :P I want this job more than life itself at the moment.I have now done an online application and waiting for an email soon...dear god I hope I can get in...