Rant

Theme Park bloke

I'm not sure ranting is gonna help the situation to be honest :/Maybe try talking to Ian or someone about it , if you're unsure why you've been banned.

For a second, I thought you were stalking me then...The neighbour I was ranting about in the post above Adam's is called Ian, and as I didn't see Adam's post at first, I thought you were talking to me. Then I saw the word banned and I was confused... :-P

Right ive had enough of these lousy bans ive been banned for one week for spamming even though I never spammed anything and I cant get on chat or post any new topics any help here

Try improving your posts then you might actually be able to do things. We all have had to learn. Mines cut down on swear and others have been spamming, others being sarcastic so just learn from what's happened instead of ranting about it all the time.

For a second, I thought you were stalking me then...The neighbour I was ranting about in the post above Adam's is called Ian, and as I didn't see Adam's post at first, I thought you were talking to me. Then I saw the word banned and I was confused... :-P

LOL. That's wierd :)

Adamm just keep from posting topics such as 'these are al da rid restrictins' because most of your posts have poor grammar or spelling and they usually don't require a new topic. For example if someone is a member of a fansite they usually know all the restrictions and if they didn't they could check on www.thorpepark.com or www.thorpeparkmania.co.uk

Right ive had enough of these lousy bans ive been banned for one week for spamming even though I never spammed anything and I cant get on chat or post any new topics any help here

Hi Adam.I've been reading through some of your posts and at the very core of them, you seem to be very interested in theme parks and have a passion for it all, which is great and it's awesome that you've found this site, so a big welcome there.In order for you to integrate and take part in the forums, there is a certain way to behave. Small things like double- checking for similar topics before posting new ones and having a good read around the forums before taking part in discussion is definately a good idea.I was your age when I started browsing theme park forums, and I know it's quite a good feeling, knowing that there are other people out there who love theme parks as much as you do. My advice would be, continue to familiarise yourself with the forums, take note of the quality of your posts and take your time when taking part in discussion, it's not a race.If you need to ask questions, there are a couple of topics where it would be appropriate; either in Tips For New Members, or Introduce Yourself. You could also send me a personal message, if you'd prefer, I'm more than willing to offer some helpful tips. I'm sure Ian has already offered his support and is always there if you have an issue, as are the other team members and moderators if you feel the need to talk to someone privately.Once again, I'd just like to point out, most of the time it's not your post content that's the issue, it's how you write it that you need to work on and whether there is an existing place to post whatever you want to say. I'd like to welcome you to the forums anyway, I hope things work out for you. :)

Right I make a topic that eases tension, do I get a thank you from the main people involved in the little argument that was happening? No. Yes it is segregation but it was just a temp thing so everything could calm down, whether it stays or not is up to Admin. But my point would be I do something that none of the other members (admin and mods) included and don't even get a thank you from the main person. It's not hard to even just shove it at the end of your 'praise the lord Gaga was born' post. Another rant would be I post seriously and have done many times but the only reason why you don't get one out of me any more is no one pays attention and will just post over it essentially. Mods do it, admins do it, members do it. If my post is utter crap instead of just ignoring it please do tell me. Would be nice you know?

Holly, out of genuine interest, why do you feel you deserve thanks? Seems to me you did it to benefit yourself mostly, so that you wouldn't have to suffer the terrible plight of seeing people talk about her. But then you say the 'main person', but why would they thank you? From our point of view, you've just shoved us into another thread when technically we've done nothing wrong... I don't really get why you think that would be cause for thanks? :) And you said yourself "discussion over", so now that you've got what you wanted can't you just be happy?

^Holly created the thread to stop the whole arguements of Gaga being all over the place in the Music to help and prevent further arguements like what happened in this topic...Considering the way in which the arguement happened, you'd imagine there would be some thanks involved...

Holly, out of genuine interest, why do you feel you deserve thanks? Seems to me you did it to benefit yourself mostly, so that you wouldn't have to suffer the terrible plight of seeing people talk about her. But then you say the 'main person', but why would they thank you? From our point of view, you've just shoved us into another thread when technically we've done nothing wrong... I don't really get why you think that would be cause for thanks? :) And you said yourself "discussion over", so now that you've got what you wanted can't you just be happy?

As I said in my post I only did it for a temporary thing. Now it's up to admins. No I wasn't majorly fussed about Gaga being in the music topic but it just annoyed me when people couldn't have a proper discussion about other music. It's a temp topic in my mind so if you don't like it take it up with an admin but I just did it to stop the argument. So your welcome for stopping the forum from being just that more tense. Because if you really want the topic can be deleted and tension will mount again and another argument would be had. Your choice.

I see nothing wrong with a Lady Gaga topic. It's just like the Doctor Who topic isn't it? Like, we have a topic for TV shows or something like that, but because Doctor Who is liked by a lot of members, it's appropriate to have a topic dedicated to that to make sure people can discuss other bits of TV.We have a music topic, but because so many people like Lady Gaga, what's wrong with having a topic designated to that so other people can discuss other bits of music easier? It's not like Lady Gaga stuff can't be posted in other topics, just like with Doctor Who, just as long as it's not every other post. I really don't get what all the fuss is about. It's a bit of music, there's no need for people to get into heated debates about it's quality, meaning or anything like that, and there's no need for forum-wide arguments about where it should be blooming discussed...

Ellie is right, you should do things because you want to do a good deed or because you generally what to make things better in and around the forums. I see the Lady Gaga topic as a form of segregation but at the same time, it's probably a good thing. Gaga is very popular and she's not going to disappear overnight and discussion, is only going to increase.The music topic should be for current and new and up-coming artists and other aspects associated to music.What I resent, is when people act like we have done anything wrong, because we honestly haven't. All we have done is talk about an artist and have annoyed a few people a bit. An argument was caused and it was dealt with and is over. As a matter of a fact, the Gaga topic is an act of COMPROMISE and consideration.Give & TakeMoving on>>>

When someone says they're too stressed with life and doesn't text you back, but then you see they post a new picture to tumblr every fcuking second.

Tumblr in general should be in this thread.

ErrorThere was an error processing your request. Our engineers have been alerted and will work quickly to correct any issues.We're incredibly sorry for the inconvenience.Please feel free to contact support if the problem persists.

I've probably seen that error page more times than I've had hot dinners

Mate, I should get praised for just turning up for work and staffing it - I don't have to. Or deciding to clean cobwebs when I haven't been asked.Same principle - you don't get praised at work for everything you do, I won't praise someone for creating a thread.Rant... about myself. I left the bathroom door open, so I've had the light reflecting onto my face all night, and I had an awful nights sleep. But I didn't have the energy to move and shut it :)

I was more thinking alone the lines of you lot just slam my posts, I've been told off for some of my posts and random stuff like that. People complain about my posting quality, I use too much swear words etc and I decide screw it I will do something nice because I want to instead of have to and that may seem like I'm a bitch or whatever but there's mitigating factors behind it. Fact that I've actually managed to be nice is a big thing for me because it's not something I can manage to do easily.

Holly babe, please stop posting with such a chip on your shoulder. Nobody has anything against you and as far as I know the only issue that has come up is you feeling as though you should be thanked. I'm surprised there is such a big fuss being made over this.Unfortunately, people react more to negative/ badly constructed posts because that's in our human nature to respond to these over the more positive ones. It's nothing against you. It's a fact of life that negativity creates more reaction than positivity. For instance, you'll remember bad experiences more than positive ones.There are plenty of members who construct brilliant posts and make excellent, valid points, yet they receive little recognition from members because they're too busy contesting against another members' posts and the good ones get lost in the not so good. Sadly the whole rep system is mostly a popularity contest; popular members will be repped more often than newer ones.Please stop taking it so personally Holly, just relax and know that there are more important things in life than receiving recognition for an act on a theme park forum. :)

Sheepie is right, it is a popularity contest because my posts are "so-amazing", that I only have 30 rep :) There are popular members, who have got huge amounts of rep but all they post is crap and post stupid, meaningless gifs and put out stupid, meaningless sarcasm, which don't help situations, but make them worse.

There are popular members, who have got huge amounts of rep but all they post is crap and post stupid, meaningless gifs and put out stupid, meaningless sarcasm, which don't help situations, but make them worse.

I get the feeling this is aimed towards me (and others)...If you have a problem with it, actually take it up with me personally... Or ignore my posts... Some people actually don't play the "I have amazing rep" card...

Unfortunately, people react more to negative/ badly constructed posts because that's in our human nature to respond to these over the more positive ones. It's nothing against you. It's a fact of life that negativity creates more reaction than positivity. For instance, you'll remember bad experiences more than positive ones.

Well said Sheepie ;) I remember being told that at my Chessie assessment/interview day :)

I get the feeling this is aimed towards me (and others)...If you have a problem with it, actually take it up with me personally... Or ignore my posts... Some people actually don't play the "I have amazing rep" card...

This post wasn't just aimed at you but others mainly. There are times when other members make replies that don't make the situation better but worse. And there are times when members post animated gifs, which can be pointless and uninspired.I will PM you now Benin

This post wasn't just aimed at you but others mainly. There are times when other members make replies that don't make the situation better but worse. And there are times when members post animated gifs, which can be pointless and uninspired.I will PM you now Benin

Wow now this one looks like it may be aimed at me..Pointless and uninspired? Well the gifs I do post have a point because they are in appropriate topic, such as the picture one. My rant is about people who take things far too seriously. Just chill out and you will enjoy life more honestly.