Rant

Theme Park bloke

Thomas, Tommy, Tom... Same things right?

Not in my opinion.And I as I stated in a post somewhere in this topic, I interpreted being referred to as 'Tommy' as a demoralising patronising comment, however if my interpretation was incorrect I apologised.So whether you think there isn't a difference, in the situation I felt that there was and it was used to patronise me, this was then found out to be false according to Lauren.But yes I agree with Sidders, on we move.

There are solutions :DFeliway diffuser! Mimics cats' facial pheromones thus making them feel calmer etc. We have one for when we moved house, and at the moment to help Hermione and Tango get along. It really works, it's incredible!We came back from the firework display and both of them were fine, not bothered at all :)You can also get the DAP diffuser for dogs which does the same thing as Feliway.

I have a few ...1. Getting a mock test on something you haven't been taught. I mean, what? That's just stupid, they can't test you on something you don't know!2. People who don't practice what they preach. If you're going to go round telling everyone they should do a certain thing, at least have the decency to do it yourself.3. People who say things, then when it suits them turn it around and pin all the bad stuff on you, making you out to be the bad guy when in fact you've done nothing wrong. Moreover, they then use it as an excuse to treat you like a piece of rubbish, something they can just toss away without a care in the world.4. People who say one thing, get your hopes up, then crush you without warning or explanation.As you can tell, I'm having some 'people' issues as of late. Not a happy bunny! -_-

Banks I get paid for work every month, and they seem to invent random charges and ****. "We have upgraded you to a silver account" - This means that I pay £6 a month for absolutely nothing of any use to me at all. £6 comes out of the account that I no longer use, this then incurrs an unplanned overdraft fee of £10 per day. Thus meaning that this month, without realizing it, I have tallied up £80 of charges for something that I no longer use.I have continually asked them to close my account, but it's much easier said than done , you have to wait weeks for a massive stack of paperwork to fill out before they can close it. Annoying.Phone bills are another one ... I never phone people, I text , use a bit of internet , emails... yet somehow I manage to get an 80 quid bill every month.These things, annoying , but whats most annoying is that you rarely have any luck disputing anything.

Tried to do the right thing today and sign out when I left college to go home for the week instead of just not doing it. Instead I get told I can't without having a stupid exeat form filled out even though I am not actually missing any lectures while I am away. I then had to run around getting the form filled out and signed by my department giving me "permission" to go home during the week. In the end I missed 20 minutes of my lecture today because I had to get this sorted. Stupid bureaucracy that is supposed to stop me missing lectures made me miss one for no reason. ARGH!!!Not going to do the right thing for a while now. Will not sign out next time I want to come home in the week.

This may seem a bit random/an awkward subject but it's something that has bugged me for a while and something people often talk about and it really makes me angry.The way people just throw around the term "pedophile". I swear there is so much paranoia etc these days that some teens will call any older person a pedophile, or at least from what I have witnessed. It's quite upsetting that we live in such a society where we can't seem to trust people and we give them these labels, and where parents may be afraid to let their children out in fear of such "pedophiles".And by definition, pedophillia is a psychiatric disorder where someone has sexual preference in pre-pubescent children, it has nothing to do with teenagers, that actually has a seperate label. Ok so many people may not know that but still, it's a serious accusation, and not something that should just be said about someone because they may simply like someone younger.Even if the people that use the word about others are just joking, I still think it's out of order, there's nothing funny or jokey about it at all.I'm not saying we should be ignorant towards it, in cases where it is actually going on, but I think over the years we have become such a nanny state that some seem to worry far too much and once they hear one thing they panic and make assumptions and false, rude, unneccessary labels.

Sitting on a bench in school today minding my own business when a boy lights a fire work and puts it under the bench where me and my mates were sitting! To say there was a loud bang is an understatement and there was bits of cinder and ash all over. Just makes you realise how stupid people can be, if one of us was to get hurt then that boy could have got into some deep ****...

Sitting on a bench in school today minding my own business when a boy lights a fire work and puts it under the bench where me and my mates were sitting! To say there was a loud bang is an understatement and there was bits of cinder and ash all over. Just makes you realise how stupid people can be, if one of us was to get hurt then that boy could have got into some deep ****...

God people like that actually really piss me off. Why would somebody do something like that?Just, why?

Know what I hate? It struck me that a few days ago, in school, there really is no priority for Sixth Former students, despite the fact that our grades are far more important than whatever the lower years have to accomplsih. When you're in school, in the library doing highly important coursework with nearing deadlines and trying to manage the weight of four A Levels whilst still dedicating the appropriate amount of time to a UCAS application, I don't expect to have to, when break-time rolls around, have some snotty-nosed year 9 telling that they've "booked this computer you have to go now".Politely, I moved myself to a corner of the library to do further textual analysis of 'The Great Gatsby' because right now I'm not feeling the most personable of people. I then overhear the year 9 and his group of friends laughing as they joke about things like annoying teachers and slow internet speed. Oh, and video games."But then I through the flaming sword and the goblin and cut his hand off which I wore as a hat because it makes you invisible to the witches with octopi for brains so then you can rescue the key to the kingdom of magic and fire-breathing toadstools and--". I didn't hear the rest, because I left my work to go and complain to the librarian who, in her completel incompetance, merely told the year 9s to keep quiet.BITCH I'M NOT COMPLAINING ABOUT NOISE. Honestly, the fact that a number of sixth formers were moved off the computers so a bunch of spotty, pre-pubescent nerds can talk about nonsensical rubbish that has absolutely no positive effect on their education is beyond ridiculous. We have University places resting on the shoulders of our grades and how on Earth are we supposed to spend our time wisely wasting away on a corner when we need the internet facilities that are being disrupted and misused by Skyrim whores.

Love it, let that anger out!When I went to college (both times) they were just colleges, not part of a school, so I've never had this problem but I can totally understand where you're coming from. You'd think that schools which have a sixth form would have a separate library/area for sixth form students!I get VERY easily distracted so I totally feel your pain!My rant for the day:When people say to my mum, when talking about money problems, "Yeah, I know how you feel, everyone's struggling at the moment, we're all struggling to pay the bills" etc. I don't know if it's their attempt at making us feel better but I tell you something, all it does is make us feel worse! When we say we have no money we actually mean it, not like when people say it just to be tight arsed. "I know how you feel" - no you don't! You can afford to do weekly shops and pay bills and have some spare for things like fixing the car. Me and my family, we have to decide whether we have a week of sufficient meals or pay a bill on time! My mum is driving a car with illegal, bald tires, windows that don't open/close properly, other bits on it need sorting, but how on earth she will ever have the money I don't know. We live in a village so she can't take it off the road, it would just create more problems, and public transport is such a f***ing rip off! What do I want for Christmas this year? I just want my mum and brother to be employed, and for me to have a second job! Having a financially and mentally stable family would be the greatest gift of all.

Public transport is a rip off.. but is probably cheaper than road tax, maintaining the car, petrol and insurance combined. Though I understand the lack of car thing. We get 2 bus services an hour.. so if you need to go somewhere you need to wait for a certain time.. oh, and they stop at 6.I almost had to rely on buses. Still rely on trains as they're far cheaper than me driving to where I need to go.As for skidders, I was one of those yr9s back in the days. It was the ability to piss about on computers during my breaks which made me want to stay in school and do well. Sixth formers need to be able to use initiative to get around these yr9s. I just asked to borrow a laptop or use a spare IT room whenever I did work. Or use lesson times, and used breaks as breaks :wub:

As for skidders, I was one of those yr9s back in the days. It was the ability to piss about on computers during my breaks which made me want to stay in school and do well. Sixth formers need to be able to use initiative to get around these yr9s. I just asked to borrow a laptop or use a spare IT room whenever I did work. Or use lesson times, and used breaks as breaks Posted Image

Ahh fair one. Tbh I just wanted to vent some steam. Although, you have to pay extortionate fees to first be able to use a school laptop (£13 for a laptop pass for the year) and then you have to book IT rooms/Library suites (all of which are almost always holding conferences). Smelly sixth form :wub:

My mum is driving a car with illegal, bald tires, windows that don't open/close properly, other bits on it need sorting, but how on earth she will ever have the money I don't know. We live in a village so she can't take it off the road, it would just create more problems, and public transport is such a f***ing rip off!

I know this is not going to actually help you, but PLEASE stop Mum driving an illegal vehicle. It is not cost effective, when she gets caught the fines and prohibition costs will cost a hell of a lot more than a couple of tyres. But mainly you can not put a price on safety, I'm sure you Mum could not live with herself if the worst happened and if that is not deterrent enough death by dangerous driving (which covers knowingly driving an unsafe vehicle) caries a 14 year sentence. I hope your situation improves, in the mean time stay safe.