Rant

Theme Park bloke

Don't question my unusual ways, but sometimes I get this feeling that somebody has removed the flesh from my baby toe and has started rubbing the bone against something rough like sandpaper. Undeniably, that is extremely weird and when ever I get the thought, I squirm on the spot. I had it reading a chapter from George Orwell's 'Animal Farm' in English not too long ago and although it doesn't compare to the physical pain you guys suffer from, it really gets to me at times...

Haha! I get the ankle clicking when I walk too :( But as with Fred there's not much pain in those parts.I do have a really bad habit of 'cracking' my neck though - that's what really creeps my friends out. I know I shouldn't, but my neck goes really stiff sometimes. I swear these bone-related clickings are induced further by cold weather as well...

I just saved a poor boy who spun his car car into the centre reservation on my local dual carriageway people just kept driving passed him ... What's wrong with people ? I know it's dangerous but why just drive past when you can see his friend trying to get him out of the drivers window :wub: Young drivers do need to take more care in different road conditions the effect the cars handling ability so much .

Two faced people...Don't tell me or others off for doing something that you do yourself and try to hide it from others...

This. There's nothing worse than people who are two-faced and don't even notice it. Surely the proverb "Practise what you preach" should be called into play here. It leaks into my social life too. I quoth: "Just purchased a new pair of christian louboutin shoes! £460's worth. Eeeeeeeeeek! Money well spent. (Google them if you don't believe me :wub:)", and then I get this charming little nugget of wisdom popping up by the same person: "People have forgotten what christmas is all about! It's not just about being spoilt. Erugh BRATS!". Someone is flouting their own lesson there...Of course, there are other circumstances - observe the same individual: "I hate judgemental people. Just because you don't know me doesn't give you the rihgt to put me down!!", and then this, not an hour later: "No Mohammed Laàbous I will not be your friend on facebook.". Tbh, I'm sure Mohammed was a genuinely chirpy fellow; no need for the put-down.Funny thing is, you also get these very same people quoting some inspirational bible of confidence-building techniques and then all their plasticky friends swarm around it, practically tripping over each other in their desperate attempts to show their appreciation for their orange-coated friend momentarily assuming the ill-fitting position and some sort of wise old sage. Anyone can quote a self-help guide, and it makes you no wiser than reading Shakespeare makes you a literary genius. So again, I call to use the phrase I stated earlier, and affix my own twist: "Practise what you preach, and stop being such a bloody hypocrite".Also, people who complain about life being boring. What's that all about? Life's always going to have it's uneventful stints but so far you've managed to survive such trying trepidation... Get off the computer and stop updating your status about how nice your lunch is a breathe in some air you poor, sheltered creatures.

I know two people who are so unbelievably two faced... They would bitch about you if was gone for 10 seconds to put something in the bin lets just say. I've been out and when one of my mates went to say hello to somebody he knew walking past, they started bitching about how "gay" his shirt looked with the trousers he was wearing! It's people like that who I want to kick in the winky :wub:

My rant is about...people who use the word winky. :PNah, I jest. I hate when I use hairspray and it makes my hear go all weird after. It just will not brush out! I mean, what's that about? :/

Try washing it more thoroughly and blow-drying it with intervals to brush it back into shape. I never just dry my hair all in one go because it knots up, and if I use hairspray it makes it that much harder to get rid of. Maybe that's the same problem for you?I'm cutting down on the amount of hairspray I use to make it seem a tad more natural. I always used to have a fixated shape with brush marks in. Now I'm trying to brush it, then use a hair dryer to blow it in the desired direction, but give it a slightly less 'perfect' look. My rant is about how my hair always blows in the wind, no matter how much hairspray I use, so using less of the marvellous stuff should lead to this even more so.Also, we had a interform competition today and I was supposed to be playing football. The teacher asked for a volunteer from my form and I put my hand up thinking it would be to play for the form with less people. Turned out I spent an hour in the cold playing netball with the girls, being mocked by all my mates... O.o

Adverts on child neglect/abuse/starvation.I was on the train yesterday and I saw three (by seperate organisations). All talking about how awful their lives are around christmas, that we're all close nit and have amazing lives, but think of these poor people. Now donateOkay cool, dampen my mood a bit. Yes its thought provoking, but is is seriously affective?Who remembers the advert after seeing them (I've only written it after seeing way too many of them that it's annoyed me to write about it). And more importantly, who instantly texts to send the money from the adverts?I highly doubt it's a cost effective way of achieving funding or getting notice and support for the organisations. Many people, especially in these economic times, paying high prices for trains to do costly leisure activities (or going to work and paying more due to peak time fares) aren't gonna randomly whip out their phones to spend the £3 they want to support them. So how do the adverts pay for themselves? I bet they don't.I hate the negativity of it all, it's very Daily Mail style. For the sake of funding, but surely there's other ways of raising funding (like the ridiculous singers at East Croydon at the moment) which achieves their goals without turning to negativity. Gerrrrrr.

What I hate - nay, not hate... pity - most about charity campaigns are the ones that assume that because we've got the money to afford a TV, radio, or any other method that charities might use to find their audience, that it's us that have the best times at Christmas and can afford to spend money on the welfare of others. I've sent money to charity before, and even spent the evening of Boxing Day sat in Yeovil town on a step out the back of an urgently luminescent Morrisons talking to a stranger who looked lonely and in need of even the smallest comfort, but I've never been swayed by one of these adverts that seems to think that because we've got a family we instantly have a better Christmas than people without.For some people, having a family around at Christmas doesn't make it a great time for them. Some people have the hardest times with their family, and for many of these people Christmas is just as lonely a time as those people who features in these advertising campaigns. I'm driven mad by the fact my family so nonchalantly assume this false pretence when the extended family comes over for Christmas and act like they can actually stand to look at each other, and for an unbearable, insignificant blip of time we celebrate our tragic achievement of family unity, only to have the plastic veneer stripped away almost as swiftly as the decorations.I just wish they wouldn't be so rude as to correlate family and money with happiness this Christmas. It makes them me pity them no more or no less than all other Christmas adverts, for that's all they are.

The amount of animal cruelty adds on the TV too do my head in, again the cost must be huge, and I'll always change channels when those or the African kids ones come on. I don't need that forced into my eyes over and over again and I'm not going to give them money to fund more and more adverts.Add to that, those plastic sacks for clothing charities that come through the door nearly every day (literally, I get 4 or 5 of them a week). Aside from most of them pretending to be from charities but are actually dodgy businesses, what a waste and cost to produce and deliver all of those. I'll tell you what, if I've got some clothes to give I'll take them to the charity shop or clothes bank, I don't need your crap constantly falling through my letter box, thanks.

Agreed, pluk.And there's another one - Help for Heroes. I have both a neighbour and a cousin who have fought and have been injured by participating the war in the Middle East and yet, why are there these charities requesting funding for maimed soldiers? Should it not be the responsibility of our government not just to recruit, but to maintain the welfare of it's soldiers. These soldiers are hardly heroes if they're not loved by those they serve, or at least think they're serving, and yet Help for Heroes has the audacity to ask us for money? What a sorry state we do live in.If the government can't fund their wars - and by fund, I don't just mean to provide ammunition, food/water and war shelters - right through to every soldier's unfortunate end, then what possible claim do we have to be "Great"? What kind of larcenous, incoherent failure of a united nation are we? They're too frigid of emotion to care for those maimed soldiers themselves, and so charities have to plea for funds to pay for the surgery, the rehabilitation, the months and months of trying to teach a soldier to walk without a foot or a leg; to operate a prosthetic limb; to adapt to life as a blind or deaf man/woman.

I, personally, have no problem funding these maimed soldiers. Whilst yes, perhaps it's not an ideal situation for the Government to be unable to maintain their welfare, they've served me, and put their lives on the line for my ( and everyone else in the country's) benefit. . The least we could do is put money towards making their lives as comfortable and fulfilling as we possibly can. The financial sacrifice we make when we donate is tiny in comparison to the sacrifice they make when they fight for us.