Rant

Theme Park bloke

N00bs on theme park forums makes me want to chuck myself and this laptop out the window, I'm trying to find out information on changes, not if Colossus was ment for Alton Towers or stupid comments like calling Nemesis Inferno "Nemmy 2". foolishness.

And oh yeah 3 weeks left of my school life before I leave! Slightly nervous and scared of the exams :o

• 2 weeks later...

Stressful times with exams in the coming months and to top it all of our headteacher has decided to 'step down'. Mr Balch is the only reason my school is still going and because of a standard ofsted report the board of governors have persuaded him to 'step down'. So now we have to deal with a supply head from a catholic school who is the strictest in the borough. If he tries to change our school from church of england to catholic I might kill him. To make things worst his name sounds like a type of cat food so I'm not going to be able to contain my laughter. Good luck Mr Kibble, your going to need it.

Oh LOL at his name!

Following on the theme of school, my psychology teacher has done NO marking whatsoever this term. It wouldn't be so bad if it wasn't for the fact that the essays we've turned in for homework are essays that could come up in the exam, therefore we need our marks back so we can then see what we need to improve on. Furthermore, the upcoming exams are our final A Level ones, so if we screw them up then it's another year of waiting and retaking before uni, and my psychology teacher is doing pretty much nothing to support us. Joy!

Stressful times with exams in the coming months and to top it all of our headteacher has decided to 'step down'. Mr Balch is the only reason my school is still going and because of a standard ofsted report the board of governors have persuaded him to 'step down'. So now we have to deal with a supply head from a catholic school who is the strictest in the borough. If he tries to change our school from church of england to catholic I might kill him. To make things worst his name sounds like a type of cat food so I'm not going to be able to contain my laughter. Good luck Mr Kibble, your going to need it.

Wow, I'm pretty shocked to find another Jubilee kind on here..! I almost feel like I should vaguely remember you, what with it being such a small school.. :P

I left a couple of years ago now, and let's just say, I never really got on with Mr Balch (or short n shiny as many of us liked to call him.. XD). I don't disagree he's helped the school, but personally, I disagreed with some of his views on how to run a school and what he prioritized (plus many other bad experiences with him which I shall not go into...).

I looked at the letter sent to students from Ofsted, which they've put on the school website, and well, I have to say I was shocked at how well it reflected my views! Achievement in maths is not good enough, exam results aren't up to scratch (and, in many cases, do not reflect students' capabilities, which is partially down to the school). Many lessons are also poorly planned and can be too slow for people. Of course, this is all from a couple of years ago now, but with the teaching changes I know of, I am really not surprised.

I hate to act in a way of 'I told you so', but when talking to people in my year, and even some teachers, we did feel that after we went, and with the teachers that were going, the school would begin to slump down a bit, so the report has come as no surprise to me really. As for Kibble (hehe), he doesn't seem too bad, though I've heard he is pretty firm.

And scarycoasterboy, check your PM.. :P

• 2 months later...

Ugh why do some people think they can be rude in public and get away with it?!

I was in town earlier and while I was there I went to Sainsburys as we needed a few bits. And I also got myself some Lime Vodka. Because sometimes, like many, many other people, I like a few drinks in the evening. OH NOES!

So there I am at the checkout, and then these three hippos appear behind me. Oh sorry, I mean a fat grandmother, even fatter mum, and her fat daughter who had a face like a smacked arse, and they all sounded pretty common, like most of Crawley's residents. They stood there watching me put my stuff on the belt, which made me feel pretty awkward because they were being very blatant about it. Then on went the vodka. As I'm putting the basket down into the basket pile, fat mum says to fat granny "I wonder if she'll share that?" Fat granny: "What?" Fat mum: "That girl's bought some vodka, I wonder if she'll share it." Fat granny: "Ha probably not! And look, the woman in front of her's got two bottles of wine!"

I'm sorry but...what?! Do people really have nothing better to do than gossip about someone's shopping? I mean they really can't have been that stupid to think I wouldn't be able to hear them. I made a point of turning round and looking at them but they didn't see, as at this point they were plonking all their cakes and buns onto the conveyor. It annoyed me so much though, really distracted me and even shook me up a little. Staring at someone whilst they do something is bloody rude enough IMO, but then to have the cheek to make snidey comments without bothering to keep their voices down, who do they think they are? Maybe I'm overreacting but I just can't help thinking "What did I do to deserve that?"

Why is it their business what I buy, if I share it, and what gave them the assumption that I wouldn't? Well for the record chunkey monkeys, no I will not be sharing that vodka. Why? Because nobody I live with is interested in it or wants any. I'm 22, am I not entitled to by myself alcohol? Or because I'm young does that automatically mean that I binge drink or drink irresponsibly? Ugh <_<

You know, I should have turned around and said, "Are all those cakes for a party or are you planning to gorge on them whilst watching back-to-back Jeremy Kyle?"

Oh and as for the woman who bought TWO BOTTLES OF WINE (!!!)...let's hope she shares them. Otherwise we must comtact AA as she clearly has a problem ;)

Got into an argument in the cinema today because some woman thought it was a good idea to take a 4 year old to a 12a film and let him climb over three rows of seats and shout and jump on/punch chairs without even attempting to make him stop. And then she had the nerve at the end of the film to say I was in the wrong for getting an attendant, while he was punching and shouting her.

And yes, she told me he's 4...

Ugh why do some people think they can be rude in public and get away with it?!

So there I am at the checkout, and then these three hippos appear behind me. Oh sorry, I mean a fat grandmother, even fatter mum, and her fat daughter who had a face like a smacked arse, and they all sounded pretty common, like most of Crawley's residents.

The irony :P

Todays Mark rant = Words & shopping

Words

People who over use certain words really annoy me. For instance.

People who say obviously at the end of every sentence, for example "That door is the fire exit, obviously".

People who say literally when it's unnecessary to say it, for example "I was literally five minutes away by tube". Are you literally or actually five minutes away?

People who say "at the end of the day" all the time. Football players are especially guilty of this heinous phrase, as are the mugs that appear on Jeremy Kyle.

People who say "you know what I mean". What if I don't know what you mean.

People who have to have the last word, people who have to say something smart or mean in a conversation to appease their own superiority complex.

Shoppers

Customers who see a sign saying opening tomorrow and yet still insist on knocking on the windows.

Customers who pick up a frozen or chilled item, carry it halfway through the store then decide to leave it next to the flour or mixed in with the herbs and spices.

Customers who get upset that a store doesn't sell a particular item despite the fact the item asked for is something really obscure like Organic Fennel from the Shetland islands. They then throw a tirade of asbuse at staff despite the fact the store is called Little Waitrose and will not deliver the full lines that a larger store will do.

Customers who insist on a FRESHLY HOT FROM THE OVEN BAGUETTE despite the fact that it will sweat in its bag and will most probably break half way through the shopping trip. Thats if the person servicing them doesn't get first degree burns from trying to pick up a boiling hot piece of bread from a metal frame.

People who, upon seeing items are at full price, ask when the item will be reduced and then hover around the store for five hours, waiting for a reducer to turn up.

Rant complete ;)

People who don't read signs. My mum being oblivious to the fact that disobeying the things can lead to consequences is a prime example. This is how our conversation went the other day at the high street:

Me: ''Mum, you can't park here. There is a sign saying you may be fined if you do so.''

Mum: ''It's okay, were only popping into a shop for 5 seconds''

We return to find a ticket with a fine for £120 on our car window because somebody thought it was okay to disregard signs for '5 seconds'.

I know that is a more extreme example, but it really pisses me off when people lack common sense or do stupid things knowing full well there could be consequences. URGH, some people are complete spacks.