Rant

Theme Park bloke

I can understand wanting to get drunk every now and then but some people I know practically live off the stuff. The only aspect of Uni I'm not looking forward to is Fresher's week where you're pretty much drunk the whole time and 'need' to be in order to make friends.

I didn't drink before I went to uni, and I was fine with making friends (and I'm rather shy, so even better!). I have tried alcohol whilst at uni, and to be honest, everything I've tried has tasted horrible... I get why people like drinking, but getting smashed every other night / at weekends makes no sense to me at all.

On a different, I've got a stomach bug, and have been feeling rotten all weekend. First time I've been ill since moving to uni, and I can't remember the last time I felt so sick. Grr, do not like :(

Quiet James, people might think we're alcoholics ;):lol:

Now for my rant:

It feels like my body is going through the wars recently...

Raynaud's attacks happening daily due to the cold (and unfortunately our windows are crap and drafty so the house isn't that warm). I've not mentioned it to my GP as I don't feel there's much point; there is no treatment for it except for severe cases. It's so uncomfortable having icy cold hands and feet and quite disturbing to see them go blue! If I wear thermal socks it helps eventually but they make the rest of me feel too hot! :rolleyes:

Keep waking up with sores/ulcers on my tongue, even had blood on the pillow the other morning :o I assume it's from me grinding my teeth at night (really should get to the dentist and get a mouth guard sorted). It had a blue tinge to it this morning too :blink:

Sneezing, wheezing and trouble breathing (rhyme fully intended!). I swear the past year or two I seem to sneeze more than usual :P A good few times a day, everyday, plus my nose often feels irritated. Had a wheeze when I breathe out thriugh my mouth or laugh quietly for a few years now, but never worried too much or saw my GP as when I first noticed it, I was a bit of a hypochondriac at the time! I also get this horrible feeling sometimes where I feel short of breath or like I can't fill my lungs with enough air. You know when you sometimes take a deep breath in and it feels kind of satisfying? Well I'll take a deep breath in to try and relieve the short of breath feeling but it doesn't feel like I've breathed in at all! I have to breathe out heavily or cough, it seems to help.

Which brings me to the next thing - sometimes getting a dry, tickly cough at night or in the morning. So annoying!

And finally...every so often I get this awful lower right back pain. Initially I thought it may have been caused by work but it started up again last night and I've not had any hours at work since the very beginning of January. Not strained it, not sat funny, it's a mystery! It's a constant, "dull ache", like a mild period pain, but when I move, it's a horrendous pain, like some sort of spasm! I literally freeze and yelp in pain, but end up laughing at how funny I look! I tend to avoid painkillers as by masking the pain, I worry I might end up doing more damage; it's not as simple as bending over making it hurt, sometimes the slightest movement does it.

I mentioned the wheezing and short of breath symptoms to my GP the other day and they said it could be a bit of asthma, so I've got a lung function test on 20th Feb :o

Sorry to bore you all with that! It's less of an angry rant and more of a "I need to get it off my chest" thing. I'm only 22 yet feel like I'm plagued with health issues :P

On a different, I've got a stomach bug, and have been feeling rotten all weekend. First time I've been ill since moving to uni, and I can't remember the last time I felt so sick. Grr, do not like :(

You have no idea how much I envy the fact that you missed out on freshers flu. Nastiest thing ever.

Do hope you feel better soon though!

I don't usually post in topics like these, but I need to get all this off my chest.

Basically, I'm madly in love with a guy who feels the same way, but unfortunately this person is in an "open" relationship and can't easily see me. It's absolutely killing me and causing this gut-wrenching sadness. It doesn't help that I'm 30 and still not out to anyone.

I have something else going on in my life which is also slowly consuming me - It's taking over and not letting me live. I should be happy and looking forward to my trip to PA, but instead I'm giving into this thing the whole time and letting it control me. It's scary and I wish it'd go away.

I'm actually a strong person and never let on that I have problems. For once it's becoming a bit too much.

Sorry for this silly post, but I really need to get this out of my system.

• 2 weeks later...

So it's only taken going to 2 schools, 1 college and 1 university for them to pick up that I have Dyslexia. Kinda annoyed because I could have done well with help.

Ouch! Well I know exactly how you feel; my AS and ADHD weren't diagnosed until I was 17 and 21, respectively. Still in the process of trying to get treatment for the ADHD, because there is eff all available for adults with it in this country. Although; a clinic for it opened in Horsham (not that far away from me) and I was referred there, but my appointment (the other week) was cancelled as the doc phoned in sick :o They phoned me straight after he phoned in, which was great - I once had a call to say an appointment was cancelled when me and my mum parked up at the place!

So yeah, that's something I guess, and about time more of these places appeared, it's really unfair that adults aren't getting the help we need, feels so backwards! Mini rant over :P

Maybe it's our generation? I do think children these days are more likely to be recognised with these conditions. Although dyslexia I'm surprised at, in many ways it would be more noticeable than my problems, particularly throughout school!

I was kinda close to being diagnosed with something in year 3 when I had a lot of problems :blush: Angry child! Plus the social problems, lack of eye contact, yadda yadda. But back then in 1997/98, AS was still a relatively new condition, autism was known but I wasn't that severe so I just got left so to speak, my parents were told it was probably a phase...the angry side did pass, although it did come and go throughout school, the bad times in year 3 probably being a reaction to all the changes.

Thinking of all the help and treatment I could have had does make me really angry and bitter. I might not have underachieved in my GCSEs, I may have been able to cope with college, gone onto uni, who knows?

But it could be worse I suppose. There are some that never get diagnosed, or get one much later, at least we are still young!

And if there's one thing I am proud of, it's the things I HAVE achieved; at least I attempted college twice and did my best, I did what I dreamed of at the time and worked at theme parks, which also gave me a lot of confidence, my cattery job is perfect bar the hours, and despite having some limits as to what work I can do, I still spend ages every day looking for jobs, which is far more than some, who have no difficulties whatsoever!

Ouch! Well I know exactly how you feel; my AS and ADHD weren't diagnosed until I was 17 and 21, respectively. Still in the process of trying to get treatment for the ADHD, because there is eff all available for adults with it in this country. Although; a clinic for it opened in Horsham (not that far away from me) and I was referred there, but my appointment (the other week) was cancelled as the doc phoned in sick :o They phoned me straight after he phoned in, which was great - I once had a call to say an appointment was cancelled when me and my mum parked up at the place!

So yeah, that's something I guess, and about time more of these places appeared, it's really unfair that adults aren't getting the help we need, feels so backwards! Mini rant over :P

Maybe it's our generation? I do think children these days are more likely to be recognised with these conditions. Although dyslexia I'm surprised at, in many ways it would be more noticeable than my problems, particularly throughout school!

I was kinda close to being diagnosed with something in year 3 when I had a lot of problems :blush: Angry child! Plus the social problems, lack of eye contact, yadda yadda. But back then in 1997/98, AS was still a relatively new condition, autism was known but I wasn't that severe so I just got left so to speak, my parents were told it was probably a phase...the angry side did pass, although it did come and go throughout school, the bad times in year 3 probably being a reaction to all the changes.

Thinking of all the help and treatment I could have had does make me really angry and bitter. I might not have underachieved in my GCSEs, I may have been able to cope with college, gone onto uni, who knows?

But it could be worse I suppose. There are some that never get diagnosed, or get one much later, at least we are still young!

And if there's one thing I am proud of, it's the things I HAVE achieved; at least I attempted college twice and did my best, I did what I dreamed of at the time and worked at theme parks, which also gave me a lot of confidence, my cattery job is perfect bar the hours, and despite having some limits as to what work I can do, I still spend ages every day looking for jobs, which is far more than some, who have no difficulties whatsoever!

I'm going to talk to my uni about starting a new course in September with all the help and support I'm going to have and really seeing how well I can do, I'm annoyed but now I can get help and I am going to do well =D

I'm not sure what's worse; soppy "I love my bf/gf loads, best thing to ever happen to me, together 4eva" statuses, or "OMG IT'S THE WORST DAY OF THE YEAR, I'LL NEVER FIND ANYONE, BOO MY PATHETIC LONELY LIFE" statuses.

The first one is admittedly something I might put if I was in a relationship :blush: (except the together 4eva thing!) and the second - well I'm not that extreme but I can see why people are bothered by it. Yeah they're single every other day of the year, but Valentine's Day obviously is a bigger reminder of it, plus all the commercial side of it.

Just like there are people who hate Christmas because it may remind them of arguments or even cause arguments, or because it's a time for family and they may have lost family, have a dysfunctional family, etc.

I completely forgot it was Valentine's Day until I went on FB. I don't normally care about it or have an issue when I'm single, but this year is the first time I've been single since a "proper" relationship, where we both really loved each other. To know and see others around you who are in that kind of relationship, especially when for some reason, I really miss said person a lot again recently and keep dreaming about them (sorry if this is awkward!), well it hurts and gives me a horrible empty feeling inside :(

But I'm not gonna go ruining it for those who are happy or claim my life is over :P I did put up a FB status but it's meant in a humorous way and is a quote from the legendary Grumpy Cat :D

Speaking of FB and cats; it was lovely to see my 2 cousins who had a big fall out about a month ago make up on FB today :)

And here is a poem from a cat on Twitter:

"Roses are red

Tuna is red

Poems are hard.

Tuna."

:lol:

I saw the Grumpy Cat one, that was actually quite funny!

It's just the people who are really serious about it and act like it's the most depressing day ever. It's not. I've been single on Valentines before and I don't undertsand why people let it get to them so much! Just because you're single now doesn't mean you will be forever. Valentine's Day is supposed to be about sending secret messages to your crush and finding out who likes you, not about couples. The public moaning just really grinds my gears.

And the soppy stuff - I just really can't deal with that. Makes me want to throw up most of the time. Even though it is Valentines day I still think it should be kept private. In fact, if people quit writing soppy stuff then maybe singletons will stop whining about being single as the romance isn't being shoved in their face EVERYWHERE they look.

Worst Valentines Day ever... Chelsea playing in Prague tonight and I'm not there because I spent the weekend in Amsterdam. I'd like to think my previous girlfriends weren't bothered by the fact they got nothing for Valentines day, came to a mutual agreement not to bother with it, whether they were bothered by that may be another story.

I got a lovely red card yesterday when I opened the door.... fortunately it was my vodafone sim card I have been waiting over a week for due to an awful recepetion on my iPhone 5. Unfortunately, they have managed to once again cock it up and send me out the wrong type of sim card. Will be heading to the shop this afternoon to 'Kick Off'

People who obsess over Celebrity culture; people who feel they have the right to make unfounded accusations and gossip and start rumours and get caught up in the perpetuity and monotony of it all.

I'm sorry, first of all I find it just plain dull. Conversations which revolve around celebrities' "raunchy love affairs", weight gains, sexuality- I really couldn't give a toss. I've just had to walk away from a conversation at home because I found myself slipping into a black coma. It's so superficial. People out there who have genuine talent in whichever field they're in end up being spoken about and remembered for their personal lives, supposed scandals... ergh, whatever, I just don't care. You can see evidence from this on Youtube and other Media/ Magazine sites- the sheer volume of vulgar comments about everything except their talent. Makes me sick that is the society we have.

People blame media, some people blame consumers who buy more and more of the "scandalous" bull.... and why do people find it interesting? I've never really understood why. Just wrong, disturbing. Plastic. Fake. Worry about your own lives and start pointing the finger at yourself rather than judging others to make yourself feel better about your own shortcomings.

Much better. :)