Rant

Theme Park bloke

Blasted website people. You would think that after we have paid them £30k to get this website designed for the consumable side of the business they would if tested it for bugs before givin it to me but nooooooo. They amount of bugs I have found and a major part of the specification linking online orders to our system just blantently not working I will be more than happy to have that fudging website team stand in a line in front of me whilst I slap them all with a wet fish.

Can't get on with any of the day to day tasks and projects that need to be completed so we can make a bit more money because as soon as I attempt to get on with my normal work there is another sugary problem from that banana'd website they have so badly built. User face is brilliant but the functionality of it is taking the right old pastry.

(Runs away and screams into the open fields)

So I've been following the Same Sex Marriage bill talks through the house of Lords over the past couple of days...

And if I'm honest it's just really beyond me still why people who have views which were built upon from 20-60+ years ago are allowed to decide upon the ways in which the people of today and the future are allowed to live. I'm not saying everyone in the House of Lords has these views, because some do come across as very supportive with the SSM bill, but the ones who do object it come across as just being stuck in their ways and are simply incredibly resilient to any modern change.

It still surprises me how stuck in our ways we are in the UK with so many things if I'm honest, yes it 'could be worse', but it could also be much better and more relaxed such as some of our Northern European friends, e.g, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark etc. Everything from changes in bills such as marriage to the yay's & nay's of HS2 (I am for this too) causes so much debate here and I sometimes wonder why a more streamlined process has not been enforced yet. (And I'm going off topic now) But if it weren't for the people of our country deciding to build railways back in the day, we wouldn't have them now!

Mini-rant over. :diablo:

PS, Stonewall UK [@StonewallUK on Twitter] (a very very good charity!!) has been providing some good coverage of the bill and have made it a bit more entertaining by creating this Bingo card below to cross off when watching the conversation in the House of Lords. Just a bit of fun, nothing offensive meant. :angel:

BL3bv9mCUAAdhrK.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

So I've been following the Same Sex Marriage bill talks through the house of Lords over the past couple of days...

And if I'm honest it's just really beyond me still why people who have views which were built upon from 20-60+ years ago are allowed to decide upon the ways in which the people of today and the future are allowed to live. I'm not saying everyone in the House of Lords has these views, because some do come across as very supportive with the SSM bill, but the ones who do object it come across as just being stuck in their ways and are simply incredibly resilient to any modern change.

It still surprises me how stuck in our ways we are in the UK with so many things if I'm honest, yes it 'could be worse', but it could also be much better and more relaxed such as some of our Northern European friends, e.g, Belgium, The Netherlands, Denmark etc. Everything from changes in bills such as marriage to the yay's & nay's of HS2 (I am for this too) causes so much debate here and I sometimes wonder why a more streamlined process has not been enforced yet. (And I'm going off topic now) But if it weren't for the people of our country deciding to build railways back in the day, we wouldn't have them now!

Mini-rant over. :diablo:

PS, Stonewall UK [@StonewallUK on Twitter] (a very very good charity!!) has been providing some good coverage of the bill and have made it a bit more entertaining by creating this Bingo card below to cross off when watching the conversation in the House of Lords. Just a bit of fun, nothing offensive meant. :angel:

"The UK must uphold the sanctity of marriage for the good of our future. We must become international pioneers of the new future where the marriage institution remains untainted by this bill."

This vitriolic statement was released by "an unnamed Conservative" some time in the last year, since the first reading of the SSM bill was passed. A new future built on old values? Very Tory. As if they haven't destroyed the banking system; allowed Gove to single-handedly ruin the educational system; and tried to point the finger at every other nation in the world for being tax havens rather than take the blame for being the ones who put their money there in the first place, they now decide that a very real, very pissed off minority don't deserve the same rights as the majority. Jeez, Tory sure is the right name for them. It originates from the Old Irish tóraidhe, meaning "unlawful or untrustworthy, or a pursued bandit".

If they want to be a part of our future they should look back ten years, when The Netherlands became the first nation to legalise same-sex marriage... in 2003, for God's sake.

As if they haven't destroyed the banking system;

Without wanting to derail your point, this isn't really fair. The other lot royally ballsed up the economy and this lot do actually seem to be doing something to fix it, even if I can't agree with some of the ways they are going about it.

May I suggest you replace that line with the privatisation, demoralisation and general destruction of our police force? That should be worth getting upset about in my bias view.

Please continue bashing the bashers...

Without wanting to derail your point, this isn't really fair. The other lot royally ballsed up the economy and this lot do actually seem to be doing something to fix it, even if I can't agree with some of the ways they are going about it.

May I suggest you replace that line with the privatisation, demoralisation and general destruction of our police force? That should be worth getting upset about in my bias view.

Please continue bashing the bashers...

Oh I'm not saying Labour or even the Lib Dems now are not to blame because you're right, but my angry rant made me overlook the scale of that cock-up. Thanks pluk! :P

When I am of age I'm not going to even bother voting, all politicians are skilled liars, they have all played a part in messing this country and I for one am not giving them the satisfaction of knowing I voted for them stuck up bell-ends. Grrrr politics makes me angry!!

On a brighter note here is a Welsh Corgi pretending to be Superman :D

576195_515457928502116_109993478_n.jpg

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And so begins me giving my 'best friends' the silent treatment due to the fact that they promised we would all meet up and so far I don't seem to have seen them... Yet they have seen each other, lots. Not like I'm the furthest away either.

Oh dear EC - this post you may not like :P I absolutely HATE the winter and the loooong nights, but this heat is getting a tad much now. It is nice that it is sunny and hot but I hate the humidity and sweating like a pig :ph34r:

I haven't actually been out in the sunshine yet (I am a vampire muhahahaha) but I find that when there is little or no breeze it can affect my asthma, then I get panicky and borderline having a panic attack (had my first panic attack on the tube - no air down there!).

I like it when it is warm but not warm to the point where I have to literally shove my face in the freezer every 10 mins.

Rant over.....summer is here - yay! :crazy: