Rant

Theme Park bloke

When I'm in my own clothes the heat is fine, but when I have to wear my work uniform it's unbearable. That coupled with a 2 mile walk to and from work, to then sit in a stuffy, boiling kiosk to check in cars, it just too much.

Speaking of work, one of my colleagues is so rude! They bark orders at me (keep in mind they do the exact same job as me, they're not a supervisor or anything), hover over me and tell me what to do as if I'm stupid, and if we're in the terminal and I'm checking some passengers in they will start essentially doing my job for me (giving them a map of the ship & their boarding cards, explaining the cards and what time boarding starts, etc.) It's actually infuriating. I'm not the only one who has a problem with this colleague, many others do too!

I hate hot weather. Anything above 26 or 27 degrees is uncomfortable to me, so the past few days have been a bit of a nightmare. Looking at some of the night temperatures the past few days - I'd quite happily take them as day time temperatures!

I guess the past few days were even worse because I had my Aircast boot on, which made my foot and leg extremely hot and sweaty - not the mention it's quite heavy in itself, meaning lugging it around is a lot of effort. So glad I only had to deal with a plaster cast for a day.

When I'm in my own clothes the heat is fine, but when I have to wear my work uniform it's unbearable. That coupled with a 2 mile walk to and from work, to then sit in a stuffy, boiling kiosk to check in cars, it just too much.

Speaking of work, one of my colleagues is so rude! They bark orders at me (keep in mind they do the exact same job as me, they're not a supervisor or anything), hover over me and tell me what to do as if I'm stupid, and if we're in the terminal and I'm checking some passengers in they will start essentially doing my job for me (giving them a map of the ship & their boarding cards, explaining the cards and what time boarding starts, etc.) It's actually infuriating. I'm not the only one who has a problem with this colleague, many others do too!

At least you get a sea view :D

Everyone is complaining like mad. I don't mind the heat, although the customers I deal with were unbearable today because they come in in a bad mood hot and bothered, making my work life pretty difficult.

Hate that, got moaned at on saturday for selling out of basics ice lollies, customer wanted 12 boxes for her 120 guests at her house that evening, she came in at 7pm...

So back in January we were asked to send back our guarantor details in order to move into our new house. It's now the end of July and one of my housemates still hasn't bothered to do it, and we've been told we can't move in until he sends them in. The problem is at least half of us were planning to move in on August 1st, and it now looks like we won't be able to. Peed off is an understatement.

Well this sucks when you see your "Friends" at each others houses then for about 2 months they just don't bother in contacting you then when you text them they just take the Biscuit they where telling me to go look for a job I have been then it turns out there not even looking for one. TBH I honestly think they just do not want me as a friend and as it turns out I am the one who needs to Contact them and they do not even bother talking back so really my actual only friends are ones who live quite far away(You guys) but with this I am just really annoyed and wondering what is going on...

Well this sucks when you see your "Friends" at each others houses then for about 2 months they just don't bother in contacting you then when you text them they just take the Biscuit they where telling me to go look for a job I have been then it turns out there not even looking for one. TBH I honestly think they just do not want me as a friend and as it turns out I am the one who needs to Contact them and they do not even bother talking back so really my actual only friends are ones who live quite far away(You guys) but with this I am just really annoyed and wondering what is going on...

Chill, we all have to work at friendship. Turn it round, you know you make the effort, you know how you like to be treated, move on and be you. Don't allow them to have the same criticism of you, you are obviously better than that; you just have to show them how it's done, and don't waste your brain cells fretting about it.

Life is the biggest roller coaster ride, not always comfortable, but wow, what a ride.

Jack don't worry mate, this has happened to me so many times and it still sort of does with friends at school. If they are doing what you are saying then they are not true friends, its the whole reason why I came on the forum in the first place, I understand its hard when you have no friends, its hard for me because I'm so far away from you lot. I consider you a good friend it may be long distance but at least you know you have friends on here, that care about and appreciate you for who YOU are! Just ignore their bull crap because in the end they will be the ones crawling back to you asking for you to take them to Thorpe then the tables will turn. Trust me there is no point hanging around with them if its you calling them and not them calling you, its just a waste of time and trust me moving on from then will be a good thing not a bad one. Just remember you still have friends that like you and want to be around you, ( even though we are mostly on the internet) US!! We like you jack and as long your here to be the happy joker of the group, we will be there t make you feel good and to make you forget the useless nobody's that throw you around like trash :)

I had similar things happen to me when I was back at school - so called "friends" hanging out with each other and not wanting to know me (although back then we didn't have mobile phones/internet malarky - kind of glad in a way). It is horrible when people you see as friends treat you like this and it makes you feel like crap. Unfortuntely there will be people like that throughout life - I had a "friend" a few years ago who I would see a lot then she suddenly stopped making contact, ignored my text messages etc. I was really peeved at the time and angry but after a few weeks I came to realise that she wasn't a true friend and maybe one day the same thing will happen to her and she will know how it feels (not that I would wish that on anyone but I do believe in "what goes around comes around").

I've never been one to have many friends but I think it is far better to have a few friends who actually care and don't treat you like poo that lots of friends who you don't know that well or can't talk openly with. I am waffling.

These people who are ignoring you aren't worth it - you have plenty of time to make new friends and you are a very likeable and sociable person! I also feel that my only friends are here which kinda sucks due to distance etc but this makes the meets even better because you get a chance to catch up with people, and also meet new people!

Believe me, in time you will make new friends (as well as having your friends on here) and these so called friends will be long forgotten - and you will look back and realise that you don't need people like that around.

B)

• 2 weeks later...

Proper gutted right now in my selfish childish way. Went with a bunch of 6 people crazy golf in the afternoon to then go to that travelling funfair next door called funpark where you pay £7 to get in for unlimited rides for 4 hours. Looks like a good selection this year with models I haven't yet had the opportunity to go on so have been looking forward to it.

So we get to funfair everyone goes that's too expensive we would all rather go pub for the evening fr social drinks which leaves me in disbelief as £7 is cheap for unlimited 4 hours in my eyes and is less than £2 an hour. I'm put on the spot as driver knowing I'm the only one who wants to go in and so sadly now have to miss out. Plus it's te last day the fair is there! They'll be spending a lot more in the pub I assure you.

My feelings to this gutted and frustrated but knowing I need to not sure how I truly feel due to having to be a bloody adult about it. RANT OVER!!!!

I feel slightly better now having a tantrum here

Proper gutted right now in my selfish childish way. Went with a bunch of 6 people crazy golf in the afternoon to then go to that travelling funfair next door called funpark where you pay £7 to get in for unlimited rides for 4 hours. Looks like a good selection this year with models I haven't yet had the opportunity to go on so have been looking forward to it.

So we get to funfair everyone goes that's too expensive we would all rather go pub for the evening fr social drinks which leaves me in disbelief as £7 is cheap for unlimited 4 hours in my eyes and is less than £2 an hour. I'm put on the spot as driver knowing I'm the only one who wants to go in and so sadly now have to miss out. Plus it's te last day the fair is there! They'll be spending a lot more in the pub I assure you.

My feelings to this gutted and frustrated but knowing I need to not sure how I truly feel due to having to be a bloody adult about it. RANT OVER!!!!

I would be more than a tad pissed off - £7 for 4 hours unlimited rides is cheap, whereas that would only get you a couple of pints at a pub for the same price. Sod being an adult about it - you should have thrown a hissy fit and told them that if they didn't go to the fair they would have to walk home :lol:

I paid £7 for 3 hours unlimited rides last Sunday at Hayling Island (or from 6pm -9pm it's only a fiver) - they don't have a huge selection of rides - the slowest ever log flume, a rollercoaster which, in fairness you could walk faster but they have an epic Pinfari looping coaser :crazy: , a drop ride, dodgems and other rides. Downside is getting bruised like crazy - plus side (in a weird way) is that you get extra adrenaline on the rides what with not knowing if you are going to get off alive. You would love their version of the teacups - they spin SO easily and fast.....I almost puked :bad:

I went to this :P

Not sure if it was the same one but its well worth the value! If you get another chance, have a go!

The one I went to included:

Sheldern heart- Over the top

Graham sedgewick- rock rage + superspin

Jason Gray- XLR8

A Miami

Waltzer

Twister(sizzler/scrambler)

Toro loco(rodeo bulls); very painful and you fall off a hell of a lot!

Wave swinger

Some kiddie rides.

If I can remember, I did most of the attractions at least twice so it was well worth the money :)

^ I've been to Hayling Island, it's a good little park (apart from the fact that they took away speed flip this year - that was a brilliant ride!)

Speed Flip didn't seem to be there long - not sure I would have ridden it though as I generally don't like flippy things (although I am ok on Samurai) Their new ride (Miami Extreme) is freakin odd - I thought I was going to get catapulted across to the seafront :o I literally was bruised from that (and almost dislocated my knee from the dodgems) - haven't done the drop ride, even though I have been on Detonator - would have done it had it been walk on but I don't like queuing for drop rides cos I am a wuss!

They do have quite a nice selection of rides although I wouldn't recommend the Pinfari coaster (klondike) - nearly took my arm off that did! - Their breakdance ride is pretty good - I like it because it is nowhere near as intense as Rodeo used to be

I do love Hayling Island though as it was my only family holiday (get the violins out!) - waaaaaaaay back in 1986 - good times :D

I prefer the drop ride at Hayling to detonator - and I agree about Klondike (and seriously, what is it with that awful new paint job on the trains?!) I still can't believe they replaced that fantastic

rollercoaster they used to have with Klondike...

Back on topic, just a small rant!

I am on holiday in Cornwall ATM, and we are running around beaches to try to get my brother fitter for his sports (which I am not into but still run with him because my parents say it will "help him" if someone runs with him).

So today I'm jogging at a fair pace for someone who is not sporty, and my brother is so lazy! He stopped about 10 times and cut across the beach!!

I am (supposedly) much less fit than him yet he can't even run around a beach! My parents then encourage him but I get no thanks for running around the whole f*****g beach!

Sod running around - I am really unfit and would be a bit cheesed off getting no thanks for it! Saying that though - I really want to get fit but lack motivation. Only exercise I get is doing housework or when I go out to appointments (and theme parks - great exercise). Am currently thinking about restarting either yoga or badminton (or both) or joining a dance group. Seriously need to quit the ciggies though as I get out of breath easily (and I also have asthma - basically I am an idiot!)

I prefer the drop ride at Hayling to detonator - and I agree about Klondike (and seriously, what is it with that awful new paint job on the trains?!) I still can't believe they replaced that fantastic
rollercoaster they used to have with Klondike...

Klondike needs smashing to bits to be honest - am surprised it hasn't collapsed with the noise it makes - my sister got my niece to go on it yesterday which I think will probably have put her off coasters for life as she had never done one with an inversion - she ended up crying, not really a surprise because it is SO painful.

So yah, I am on here cos I can't chuffing sleep - and I have 2 appointments today.....typical. On the plus side though, Jeremy Kyle is on in 20 mins so.....yeah, always makes me feel better about my life, my teeth, and my fashion sense B)

• 2 weeks later...

Finally signed yesterday for a 4 bed house to rent near to my school with three of my friends. Spent weeks sorting this out as we have all been in and out of the country. One of us goes round toda yto find damp has suddenly developed in the basement room. Goes back later in the day to find water pouring from the ceiling in the downstairs bathroom. ARGH!!!!!

Agents have said they will withhold the landlord signing our contract to complete it until he has sorted the damp (they closed before they could find out about the flood). Landlord is on holiday in France and its a bank holiday weekend so the letting agents aren't open till Tuesday. Parents coming down on Friday with a van full of my stuff that is already pre-booked. Don't know what the hell is going to happen, whether we can even move in, whether we need to find somewhere else to live, what money we would be able to get back. Meant to start teaching a week on Wednesday and would have preferred this to have been sorted.