Rant

Theme Park bloke

Why did I choose a college that involves getting the train? Or why can't I live in a country where the trains are never delayed or cancelled? Thanks South West Trains for your impeccable service!

You could live in Argentina where trains crash into stations or Spain where trains speed around corners at dangerously high speeds.

Unfortunately we have an antiquated railway system, not designed for the amount of people or growth that live in the South of England. South West trains seem to run as many trains as physically possible but one problem, and the whole part of the network is thrown into chaos. Just a minute delay for a train at one station, causes delays all up the line.

Yeah, London Underground isn't much better. Today, my train's destination was changed from Aldgate to Harrow On The Hill due to a child being on the line (from what I heard) which caused minor delays on the rail line. Fortunately, that's the station I get off at anyway to change for another train, but was still stuck at several red signal points for sometime because of this.

TBH trains these days have the reliability of the Smiler, you never know which day they go down.

This whole Asylum backlash makes my blood boil. I have no time or patience for busy bodies that complain about stupid things like this.

Anyone that works with the public will know that some people literally live to complain, and will not be satisfied until they have successfully deemed themselves 'offended' by something.

Should just out with a nice cool beer mate (Or an ice cold, glass bottled coke if you are a non-drinker), it's not worth getting upset over someone else's opinion, no matter how silly their opinion may sound. :)

So, I had a lecture timetabled for 6-7pm at uni today. It was meant to be a one-off, information lecture about the 'Second Year Essay' all Maths students have to do; giving us ideas for topics and a chance to ask questions and such.

Yet, no member of staff turned up. No email saying it has been cancelled or anything, just a complete blank of information. It's quite frustrating really, as even though I've chosen my topic, I have conflicting information from my Tutor and the updated Module Webpage, meaning I can't actually start doing any work on it (after planning to start it a couple of weeks ago). There are people who are in worse off situations, as they still are unsure about what they even want to do their essay on...

Now normally my Department are excellent with organising things and they usually are really friendly, informative and everything you'd ever want from a university department, but it's just been a complete muck up with this which is just really annoying...

• 3 weeks later...

So, I work part time at a superstore. Over the past three years or so I've been there, I've been working 5 days 6am-12noon as part of my overtime and have looked at moving to those hours as my permanent contract time and time again, however, have been refused numerous times. Recently (past 2-3 months), all overtime was cut across the store as they couldn't afford to pay everyone. This meant that I went back to my contracted hours of three days a week, 6am - 10am. Time and time again, I've asked if there is any overtime and they've told me no. However, the few days I haven't been in, they've managed to give everyone overtime until 2pm. With rent and bills due soon, and Christmas on the horizon, I'm soon to be left with no money! Saving has obviously slowed down, and what I have saved has gone on past bills due to lack of overtime. Why on earth can't they just phone me up and call me in for a few more hours a week?!

A large garden centre that I loved and I always went to, with my family, as well as alot of friends working there, was totally destroyed during a gas explosion last night the only part survived was the pet shop that was full of bunny rabbits, guinea pigs and other animals ( so releaved that they survived). But yeah people suspect it was arson and if it was, I will be very keen to see who it is!

Bit depressed now I loved that place!

Before hand.

1576392_1dbb0c0b.jpg

Blooms-Cardiff-Garden-Centre.jpg

During the fire.

fire1-6325549.jpg

image_update_b0218be70be141fc_1384990750

1456514_10202368449873709_58326579_n.jpg

Now.

image_update_6ebcd9750db4c108_1385033092

image_update_090c9fbd43dde98f_1385029846

I'm gutted, gutted for my friends who lost their jobs aswell.

I'm currently at uni living in halls and the guy below me regularly plays his bass-y music so loud that I can hear it through the floor. It's very distracting and I can never get work done because of it. Now, to put this into perspective, the rest of my flat can't hear ANYTHING from the rooms below (sound proofing is pretty decent here) and the accommodation agreement states: 'No student shall cause a noise audible from outside their room or flat'.

He's friends with two of my flatmates and a while ago (after him getting in trouble with security for me reporting him), he ended up telling them to give me his number so I could ask him to turn it down. He seemed all nicey nice at first and so would text him whenever it bothered me. At the start of the week I text him which resulted in him shouting about how it wasn't that loud, slamming the window and then turning it up in spite for about 5 minutes. After that I was reluctant to text him again until today when I've been desperately trying to do work. He has never really replied to my texts. But this evening, several hours after me texting him, I receive this taunting message:

ScreenShot2013-11-28at182542_zps36527635

I'm so fed up and stressed and he's clearly not going to change. At first he said 'I just like my music loud and my headphones broke', so I hoped that this was a temporary thing until he got some new headphones but he never did. This stresses me out every day and, despite their own rules about noise, the accommodation staff say there's not too much they can do before 11pm, which is a load of rubbish! I'm to the point of considering moving out of this flat. Not that it hasn't crossed my mind to leave altogether, I feel far more mature than 80% of the people here and I'm taking my time finding where I fit in. People can be so mean.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find any to recommend, but my personal idea would be to get the best speakers student loan can buy, face them onto the ground since he's directly below you, and blare out Rammstein (or any heavy band of your choice/his least favourite genre of music)...

But then, I'm an evil git...

I'm currently at uni living in halls and the guy below me regularly plays his bass-y music so loud that I can hear it through the floor. It's very distracting and I can never get work done because of it. Now, to put this into perspective, the rest of my flat can't hear ANYTHING from the rooms below (sound proofing is pretty decent here) and the accommodation agreement states: 'No student shall cause a noise audible from outside their room or flat'.

He's friends with two of my flatmates and a while ago (after him getting in trouble with security for me reporting him), he ended up telling them to give me his number so I could ask him to turn it down. He seemed all nicey nice at first and so would text him whenever it bothered me. At the start of the week I text him which resulted in him shouting about how it wasn't that loud, slamming the window and then turning it up in spite for about 5 minutes. After that I was reluctant to text him again until today when I've been desperately trying to do work. He has never really replied to my texts. But this evening, several hours after me texting him, I receive this taunting message:

ScreenShot2013-11-28at182542_zps36527635

I'm so fed up and stressed and he's clearly not going to change. At first he said 'I just like my music loud and my headphones broke', so I hoped that this was a temporary thing until he got some new headphones but he never did. This stresses me out every day and, despite their own rules about noise, the accommodation staff say there's not too much they can do before 11pm, which is a load of rubbish! I'm to the point of considering moving out of this flat. Not that it hasn't crossed my mind to leave altogether, I feel far more mature than 80% of the people here and I'm taking my time finding where I fit in. People can be so mean.

Blast out the Thorpe entrance theme as loud as possible!

In all seriousness though, that's not on at all, but I don't know what to suggest.

Haha thanks guys! It's tempting. I think one day I did try and play Justin Bieber but that didn't work. I have a Bose soundlink bluetooth speaker, nothing mega powerful. Rammstein is a good idea. Blast it for like 10 mins at 5am, enough to wake him up but not enough to get checked by security?! Haha

It's just so stressful, I feel like I'm ill/exhausted from the stress of it.

Unfortunately I can't seem to find any to recommend, but my personal idea would be to get the best speakers student loan can buy, face them onto the ground since he's directly below you, and blare out Rammstein (or any heavy band of your choice/his least favourite genre of music)...

But then, I'm an evil git...

Yes, you are though...but I do love the way you think ;)

Best thing you can do Ellie is first, ask him one last time to keep the noise down. After that, keep a log of every time his music has become unacceptable. How long it goes on for, what times and how it affects you at each time. This way you can proof that it is having a major effect on your work/sleeping pattern. They may say 11pm, but you have a right to peace and quiet therefore have to act.

Yea, the problem is that because I spent the term trying to sort it out with him directly, but I just want to be out NOW rather than after another term of recording when it affects me. And I don't intend on texting him again after this text. I feel really uncomfortable and intimidated knowing that I'm just above him and two of my flatmates are friends with him.

Usually the best way is to annoy the hell out of whoever it is that can do something, your landlord/staff. Every time it is a problem for you make it a problem for them by calling them and ranting at them. They won't want that so might actually help you.

That, or go up to his room with a baseball bat and smash the crap out of speakers?