Rant

Theme Park bloke

That, or go up to his room with a baseball bat and smash the crap out of speakers?

I can dream :D

Well, I've reported him today and it's been turned down a little since I called. Considering they're a 2 minute walk away, their response time is about 30 mins, by which time they never hear it at its worst.

The sex noises thing isn't an option, the sound proofing is pretty decent, you can't really ever hear much (normally) apart from shouting/screaming and doors slamming. But other than those plus his music, it would be pretty quiet.

So I had a 'meeting' with my Personal Tutor at uni today.

Basically, I needed to get him to approve my essay title, so that I could write it up over the Christmas break and give my tutor a draft to check over. When I went to his office, he seemed to think that at first that I was in a completely different year group and didn't even realise I was one of his tutees.. When I asked him whether my essay title was okay, he just gave a generic 'That sounds okay' response, with no further help or advice (everyone else I know has had a fair amount of help from their tutor when it comes to finding books or how to write the essay). Then, when I asked how I should hand in my draft, he said 'You don't hand one in' and that the next time I should see him is for the oral presentation at the beginning of March...

So, basically, it has no idea who I am, no idea I'm in his tutor group and has no idea how the essay I'm meant to be doing operates. All this from the person who's meant to be my first point of call if something goes wrong, or if I need help in day-to-day uni life. Fantastic.

In saying that, I'm going to put a request in change my tutor so I can get someone who's actually vaguely competent in being a tutor.. Fingers crossed...

• 4 weeks later...

Controversial rant incoming:

I am fed up with people going 'I can't see this band, my life sucks' Or saying that they want to die etc. I'm trying not to be judgmental but when it's in full view of everyone on Facebook, you tend to get a little suspicious. Being like that is not fun, it's not something you want to advertise. Being diagnosed 'mental' is not fun. I want to sit down with them and explain what being suicidal is really like, or how having anxiety stops you from doing so much. Talk them through things like hey I can't wear shorts at all unless I have tights because I didn't like myself, or being told by a manager to keep my sleeves down. Talk about the lengths I go to just to hide all this crap that happens, how I feel because society can't accept me. I accept that they may feel like they do but there are better methods than Facebook, it's called a doctor. If you can tell the internet publicly like that I don't see how you can't go to a doctor.

Christ, most of them are still in school, they can still do something with their life. This is one of two rants/admittance to the fact that I have problems, I usually tell people the superficial ones and leave the big ones to be dealt with privately but every now and then I just have to rant about it. It's not fair that they can do stuff like that, if I was to do it I would get nothing like they do. I am big enough and old enough now. Which leads me onto my second rant about mental health services. When you are under 18 there is a whole world of mental health services available, as soon as you turn 18 the adult services take over. I can happily say that at the age of 22 the adult services don't help, I've been turned away because I'm not 'old' enough to feel this way. They are judgmental of the young side of 'adults'. I'm fed up of it, there is not much support for young adults in my area and I feel intimidated to get help sometimes because I will just be told, it's a phase. Yes it's completely a phase when it's been like this since I was 7. Something needs to be sorted.

Mental illness is serious and a lot of people don't understand it - though, to be fair, before I experienced it first hand I had no idea of what it felt like to have various problems. I kind of have the opinion that you can never fully understand something unless you have experienced it first hand, although you can be as supportive as possible.

Yes people post things on FB and I think it is a cry for help - which in a way is a sad thing but, when you have been through really dark times and read about people using the term "depression" it can be frustrating because depression is so debilitating. People thinking their life is c**p because they can't have certain things is one of my pet hates. There are things I would love to have but in reality it ain't gonna happen so it is pointless getting peed off about it. I would swap any of my personal belongings to get rid of my problems without even thinking about it.

Regarding services for mental health problems - in my area they are completely useless. I'm not going to say all services in mental health are naff but my experiences have in the most part not been great. I think there needs to be a lot more funding where mental health is concerned - both to provide help to those who live with MH issues and also to break the stigma which, in this day and age you would think wouldn't exist.

Mini waffle ovaaaa

Being realistic, we live in an imperfect world. It is a world where the rich can get richer, where the poor get poorer, where women can live in fear, having to hide their faces in one country, where in others even showing a little bit of affection can land you in jail. It's a world where owning a gun in America takes priority over another human beings life, or a country where hunting foxes is seen as more important then the foxes life itself.

Lets be honest, we lived in a screwed up world, one full of self importance and self righteousness. When the storms hit on Christmas Eve I can understand that pain of no power and no christmas dinner. Instead of sitting around moping, moaning at Cameron about being abandoned, I'd have gone off and found my nearest homeless shelter and help feed people that don't have any home, possessions, family, hope of a warm Christmas.

Happy new year ;)

Has anyone else had to deal with bad/weird breakups? My ex and I broke up in July, his decision. I got over it but recently he's been checking up on me. He then made a dramatic post that he was still in love with his ex before me and how he regrets our relationship. Seriously?! None of it explains why he's been so persistent in checking up on me!! I think he just loves the drama and excuse to moan about how miserable he is. It's been bugging me and I can't really moan about it anywhere.

Has anyone else had to deal with bad/weird breakups? My ex and I broke up in July, his decision. I got over it but recently he's been checking up on me. He then made a dramatic post that he was still in love with his ex before me and how he regrets our relationship. Seriously?! None of it explains why he's been so persistent in checking up on me!! I think he just loves the drama and excuse to moan about how miserable he is. It's been bugging me and I can't really moan about it anywhere.

Hmmm don't know what to suggest - sounds like your ex is a bit of a pleb (no offence) - from what you said it sounds like he treated you in a horrible way with making posts about his ex and saying he regrets the relationship you had? - what a plonker. Probably best to steer clear of him tbh if you can - or tell him to **** off.

Hmmm don't know what to suggest - sounds like your ex is a bit of a pleb (no offence) - from what you said it sounds like he treated you in a horrible way with making posts about his ex and saying he regrets the relationship you had? - what a plonker. Probably best to steer clear of him tbh if you can - or tell him to **** off.

Ohh yes, he is an absolute idiot. Not much else to do but it ignore it. Glad to be shot of him now tbh, he was selfish and his mother seemed obsessed with our relationship. I think she always wanted a girl tbh and when I came along, all she would talk to me about was shopping and handbags (AND I HATE SHOPPING). She even bought me things (I'm not being ungrateful, I really appreciated what she bought me). Not expensive things, just little bits like makeup wipes for when I stayed over. That part was sweet, she said she thought of me when she saw it all. But it just shows I reckon she was itching to do that for a daughter. But it does get weird, she would plan dates for us to go out as a three. AND HOLIDAYS FOR 'THE THREE OF US' What the hell?! No!! If it was a family holiday and I was invited along it's different. But no, the whole family wasn't involved. Just us three. And she would tell him how to 'look after me' (when I like being independent!). All this talk about 'when you're older and married, you need to be driving Ellie around, you need to look after her'. NO THANKS. I like driving myself. I like my freedom. Things started changing when I didn't want to be around his house ALL the time. My mum reckons his mother was manipulating him to stay around his all the time. Ultimately, it wasn't a great situation.

ANYWAY, that wasn't what I came back here for in the first place. About the noise ***** who lives below me: I asked to move again, this time time specifying an empty room within my flat. They said they were happy to move me but would charge me £40 for it!! Because I requested it. This is after I had explained how I feel intimidated by the boy below me, who plays his music really loud. And about the texts I have received from him. SO to try and avoid the charge I've had to give the go ahead for him to be taken in to the accommodation support team to get a gentle telling off. Then we have to wait and see if it changes and even then they might not waive the fee!! Ridiculous considering the effects this boy is having. If it was because I didn't like the view or because I wanted to live with friends, I get that. But this is essentially bullying. She called it 'threatening behaviour'. To be fair to the lady I spoke to, she was really nice and understood my situation, but it isn't her who makes the decision. It really isn't fair on me.

Mothers </3

Unis </3

Life simply sucks...

Life doesn't suck! You just have to learn that simple things are beautiful and find which ones you enjoy. You're such a drama queen ;)

Balls to that, does she not have discretion?

The woman dealing with my accommodation? No, she doesn't, seems like the go between for students and the department. I don't really get what her role is. She is nice though (and I'm pretty grouchy).

Well, the next chapter of my story with the people I live above...

All day he's been playing loud music, I had to play my own (not v. loud) to drown it out so I could have a nap earlier. Then this evening, the whole flat were in his room playing really loud music with the window wide open, while playing computer games and shouting REALLY loudly. As in, intentionally making a lot of noise (after him getting spoken to by the accommodation, I guess that annoyed him!). It wasn't my choice to get him spoken to by the staff, I just want to move flats, that's it!

Anyway, so to keep track of everything that's going on and to make it more likely that I will be able to move for free, I reported them and I think security told them to turn it down. Well, I was sat in the kitchen for a while, trying to get some peace. Then, all of a sudden, I heard some of them leave the flat talking about 'retaliation', so I ran to my room and locked myself in. They can access this flat as one of their friends lives with me. I heard them in the kitchen earlier, when I tried to go make dinner. I locked myself back in my room and when I finally got into the kitchen, I find this...

IMG_7115_zps6cd5a186.jpg

A threat. Lovely. Well, if they don't move me for free after this, I will take this to higher powers. This can't go on. It's psychological bullying and it's a horrible thing to be going through. I'm not a bad person.

You are right - that is psychological bullying and bang out of order to say the least. Can't believe that people would be so petty and nasty. You shouldn't feel like you have to lock yourself in your room but I can totally understand why you do. Definitely take it to higher powers ASAP if nothing gets sorted because things like shouldn't happen. I believe in Karma - what goes around comes around. Hope the situation gets sorted quickly

Wow, I really feel sorry for you Ellie, these people sound like a right bunch of...well...!!! I honestly don't know how I would cope with that in those circumstances - living above them, having them using my kitchen etc, barely being able to get away etc! It was bad enough being bullied at school but at least I could go home after and get away from them. Likewise, with any online bullying, they're not there (and probably wouldn't say half the crap they type in person!) and I feel safe. Ugh this reminds me how much I really hate bullying and how damaging it is :(

Totally agree with Han - and I hope Karma is real! :D Some people come dangerously close to building me up with murderous rage and should not be allowed to get away with it without receiving some crap in return!

Depends what courses they're doing, probably sommat rubbish like Media or Game design...

That thing is ridiculous though... Actually pathetic behaviour from people to act like that because they got told off for being too loud... Can't help but think they won't exactly go far in life with such attitudes...

Shows how unlucky you can be at uni in regards to halls as well...