Rant

Theme Park bloke

Well, the main guy, the one that lives below me is actually from a different university. There are two unis on my campus. There's the sciencey one (mine) and the arts one (his), so don't worry guys, he won't be running our future. He's studying digital media. ;)

This whole experience makes me want to leave. It's ruined my experience. There's an event tonight and I don't want to go in case I see them. Just how long am I going to be scared of bumping into them at this small campus? I want to take a year out because of it. Come back next year at the same place I am now, at least then I'll have one less year with them. But my parents said no and I doubt the uni would let me do that just for bullies (rather than for an internship).

Thanks for the support guys, I really don't feel like I can get support anywhere else at the moment.

Some people are such arse holes aren't they.

It's such a shame because for many people uni is the best time of their life, but these idiots are taking that away from you.

I reckon that photo will get the ball rolling if you show it to your accommodation people.

Totally agree with this. What this person, well people are doing is so wrong - you would think that once you hit uni, that bullying would stop but sadly it isn't the case. It's clearly having a huge impact on you which is totally understandable - it can't be very nice to be surrounded by complete morons who should quite frankly know better.

It is good that you have flagged it up but its obviously not gone through to their thick heads - hopefully this will get sorted. Leaving Uni or taking a year out is probably what their aim is - it's pathetic and I would say don't give them what they want but at the same time you need to think of what is best for you - things like this can cause serious stress and other problems. Can you get access to counselling with your Uni? So you can talk things over to avoid this getting too much for you - and take this issue to the highest powers at your Uni because no-one should have to go through what you are right now

I think what you're going through is bang out of order and the people you are facing are selfish inconsiderable arseholes, especially the way things are turning and how they've reacted to it, I hope they only end up working in Mcdonalds.

Unfortunately even at uni, there will be horrible, stupid and selfish people, even at the top ones as well. Even if there's only 5-10% horrible people uni with say 15,000 for example, that's still 750-1500 nasty students.

It's such a shame it's turned out like it has, especially when uni is supposed one of the best times of you're for learning new things and meeting lots of new and different people, as this sort of bullying your facing is child'ish, obnoxious and completely immature and this is the sort of thing you'd expect at secondary school (which I consider usually the worst time for bullying with most people).

Also worth considering that seeing as this has built from the actual nuisance to text messages and now to them leaving this where you live, it could well be heading to actual criminal harassment, especially if it is having that much effect on your life. They've clearly pursued a course of conduct likely to cause you distress, got to be worth considering if it continues or escalates.

GOOD NEWS. I walked into the lodge today and said 'I need to be moved immediately'. The woman doesn't deal with accommodation, had almost no authority but managed to move me into an empty room (from a list of 'in case of emergency' rooms. Phew!!

I told her the basic story, how it escalated last night, and showed her the picture. She was very helpful! I have to go back in on monday and speak to the accommodation staff as this isn't permanent and I might get moved from this room into another room again! But I don't care about that. I can relax for the weekend now, knowing I don't have to worry about who's below me. :)

Interesting Pluk, I don't really know where that would go. I'm gonna bring this up with some people higher up within university, hopefully get him on some kinda of watch list or just make them aware this has happened/is happening. Bullying can lead to expulsion and, although I don't WANT him to be expelled, I want him to know it's a possibility if he carries on.

Well, the main guy, the one that lives below me is actually from a different university. There are two unis on my campus. There's the sciencey one (mine) and the arts one (his), so don't worry guys, he won't be running our future. He's studying digital media. ;)

This whole experience makes me want to leave. It's ruined my experience. There's an event tonight and I don't want to go in case I see them. Just how long am I going to be scared of bumping into them at this small campus? I want to take a year out because of it. Come back next year at the same place I am now, at least then I'll have one less year with them. But my parents said no and I doubt the uni would let me do that just for bullies (rather than for an internship).

Thanks for the support guys, I really don't feel like I can get support anywhere else at the moment.

they are pathetic bullies! Stay strong and don't let it get to you. They will get their comeuppance soon! :) x

Congrats! Been following the progression of this story and am glad it's taken a turn for the better :) Maybe after the warning/realization of the trouble he's caused he'll just buy some headphones or something XD Good luck with new people above and below though I can hardly picture them being any worse than that guy :P Also like Pluk says if this continues in any way it's definitely a good move to report them to someone because the behaviour was downright criminal and threatening!

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE.

I had my meeting with the accommodation team and they decided that I could move into this new room permanently and for FREE. No room move charge, as it should be!

In return, I am writing a statement for them to use to confront the bully, which I'm nervous about. He'll know exactly what I feel and that makes me feel vulnerable. But, I guess we won't see any progress otherwise. I don't want him to get away with this.

Just got to get moved in and settled now :)

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE.

I had my meeting with the accommodation team and they decided that I could move into this new room permanently and for FREE. No room move charge, as it should be!

In return, I am writing a statement for them to use to confront the bully, which I'm nervous about. He'll know exactly what I feel and that makes me feel vulnerable. But, I guess we won't see any progress otherwise. I don't want him to get away with this.

That's great news Ellie! :) You are so right in that the person who has made you feel like this shouldn't be allowed to get away with it - I think I would also feel nervous about writing a statement but hopefully it will help and the bully will think twice before doing it again. He probably knows how you feel anyway with everything that has happened so just try to go ahead and write down exactly how everything has impacted on you. Hope you get settled into your new accomodation swiftly and don't have any a-holes to deal with!

• 2 weeks later...

GREAT NEWS EVERYONE.

Ellie, I too am sorry that you have had to endure this, but remember that it is the behaviour of others that moulds our own character and proves that you are the better one. Well done, and look forward to the future.

My cars windscreen wipers packed up a couple of weeks ago, it's been raining ever since so I haven't been able to drive it to the garage to get them fixed. Annoying.

I borrowed my Dads spare car in the mean time, driving home tonight on a pitch black foggy single lane national speed limit road that people scream along and all the lights go out. Scary for a few minutes, then maddening.

Mobile phone battery knackered and holds little charge. Get it out of my pocket to call for help, it dies. Infuriating.

Flag down a taxi after about half hour of trying, he spots that I'm pretty screwed without him and turns me over for a tenner to get about 2 miles home. Fffffff.

Three wisdom teeth coming through at the same time.

That is all <_<

#Pray4Sarah

Yeah I know how you feel and how you might feel soon.

-

In 2010, I had to have all 4 of my wisdom teeth removed. I was under general anesthetic so I didn't feel any pain and when I woke up they gave a local anesthetic.

After the drugs wore off, I had 5 mouth ulcers under my tongue (bottom-side) and it was undoubtedly the most painful experience of my life. I couldn't eat, drink, speak or move my mouth or tongue without feeling a lot of pain.

I thought I had an allergic reaction to the co-codemol (some kind of medicine) but my family thought it was the stress from having my teeth removed.

^^ ouch! :o

Wisdom teeth can be a pain - I had to have my bottom 2 removed (about 6 months apart) under local anaesthetic so was quite fortunate in compared to Wills experience! I used to be terrified of going to the dentist and only went when the pain got unbearable - tip if you are having tooth ache - clove oil (although this stuff tastes absolutely revolting and makes you salivate a bit too much, although it does numb the pain temporarily) - better is Anbisol which numbs the pain without the disgusting taste and works for longer if you seal it with Bonjela.

Having 3 coming through at the same time I imagine is flaming painful! I was fortunate that mine popped out at different times

I have one already through, and that one has come through straight. The right top one is half through, but it's coming through wonky, and the bottom two have both broken through the gum now. Normally it's okay but recently all three of the ones still coming through have decided to flare up :(

They haven't said anything about me needing to get any removed, but I have a feeling that I may need the top one out. The dentist was having trouble looking at it and said it's no wonder I'm having trouble brushing it given the way it's coming through! So I'm a bit worried it might start causing me problems in the future.

I'm just grateful that I don't have all four coming through at once. :P

My bottom 2 wisdom teeth came through a tad wonky (one of them, the root was actually in the shape of a J!) - was fortunate that I got mine removed at my dentist and didn't need to go elsewhere - toothache is one of the worst pains to get so if you get trouble with it don't leave it because it gets flaming painful!

Ah good ol' alcohol, eh? The cause and solution to life's problems ;)

Luckily I haven't had any wisdom teeth come through yet and I'm nearly 24, neither has my 26yo brother, but both my parents got them although I did read that it isn't genetic. Fingers crossed I don't get any, there's no room! And sometimes people still need braces after they're removed, if the teeth don't return to where they were before, which will cost a bomb :o My teeth are lovely and straight, bar one or two, and I'd rather they stayed that way :P

Plus yeah, I don't really like the sound of all that pain and discomfort!

My dad had all 4 of his removed at once and apparently looked like the Fat Controller afterwards due to the swelling :lol:

What Han said - Anbesol is great for toothache, ulcers, all that. Pees all over Bonjela :P (As tasty as it is!) My mum had a mouth full of ulcers once (due to chemo) and it worked a treat, in fact I think it was the only thing that helped!