Rant

Theme Park bloke

Toothache is hell! Had one early on this year so went to my dentist who gave me antibiotics after discovering there was a slight infection.

Anbesol is great stuff for curing toothache. As for wisdom teeth, my top 2 have come out slightly wonky which is normal according to my dentist. If you get pain then you should get them checked out. I still don't see why we need wisdom teeth... :P

On the subject of crisps -

I don't know why it annoys me, but why do some crisp companies (I'm looking at you Walkers!), insist on putting Cheese & Onion in Blue packets, but Salt & Vinegar in Green packets. Am I the only one that seems to think that it should be the other way round? It shouldn't annoy me, but it really does! :huh:

Depends on what the homework is. Sometimes it's good to be set homework for the simple fact that it makes students do the work. Of course, getting feedback is good, and if you really wanted it marked, no doubt you could ask if you really wanted.

It's a part of education - you get work set, and it's not always possible for it to be marked. Indeed, as you go through education, it will become more and more common. Think of it as preparation :P

• 2 weeks later...

From living with a people doing a variety of subjects, it very much depends on what you end up doing at uni which determines how many deadlines you have to keep up with.

For example, last term, I was having to do 3 Assignments every fortnight (two of which were due at the same time each time, which was annoying), as well as having to chip away at doing an essay (yes, Maths students have essays too :P ). This term has been a bit more relaxed for me, but the past couple of weeks have been a nightmare, with essays to do, Assignments to hand in, a presentation next week, as well as revision for exams which are just over a month away.

However, other people seem to not have many deadlines at all, and just have bigger project due in about once or twice a term. Then there's others who have loads of essays due in in the same week, so unless you start them early, you just have a week of pure misery, with 9 other weeks of doing very little. Then there's some people who just do exams pretty much, so have very little to worry about in terms of deadlines.

As with anything, if you keep on top of things to the best of your ability, you'll be fine (even if it is really stressful!).

(Oh, and Tommy, I'm sure you'll have plenty of work to do in second year and beyond; enjoy it whilst you can... ;) )