Rant

Theme Park bloke

I agree with your last point about it not being easy to get a job. Telling someone that it's easy when they keep being rejected would surely make them feel they're doing something wrong with their applications/interviews!

However, I'd like to think that when people say it's easy, they're actually referring to the process of searching and applying - not neccessarily being successful. Otherwise, it seems a bit ignorant :P

But even then, the searching and applying process isn't easy these days; with so many people unemployed, and so many being rejected, it can begin to feel like a never ending pathway to nowhere...pessimistic but meh, truth.

Sometimes I can't help but feel that some people have no idea whatsoever what lives different to theirs are really like -_-

And saying that has reminded me of Question Time last night, which I ended up getting into :P I can't remember his name, but one of the guys on the panel was having a rant about the budget/government etc, and said something about public schoolboys not knowing what the real world is like. YES. SO MUCH YES. :lol:

Anyway, I hope you find something soon :) There's bound to be places who are happy to take on uni students!

Who hates the little chavs that decided to hide in the X queue line and jump out and scare the **** out of you....... Its funny if you know the person but if you don't even know them it's not funny -.-

And at the bottom of the stairs at Saw haha

To add onto what I previously said, I know have the problem that my charity goblet for my skydive which had around £80 in! Has gone missing from the reception and likely been stolen and no one knows anything and I was shocked and appalled to learn that we have no CCTV of reception! So nothing can be done, I know feel terrible because people have been very kind in donating to me and all that moneys gone! I just can't believe some asshole would steal a charity money goblet!

said something about public schoolboys not knowing what the real world is like. YES. SO MUCH YES. :lol:

I would just like to point out, that as an ex-public schoolboy myself, some of us DO know what the real world is like :P However, I will admit that even some of the people I went to school with still aren't too clued up on what the real world is. I thank my military upbringing for that!

My rant -

People who go to University then say "I don't have to worry about paying back the loan". No...I'm sorry. University used to be a sacred thing. You'd go there to get a degree that meant something. These days it seems like you can get a degree in almost EVERYTHING! So, to me most degrees aren't worth the paper they're written on. When you go to Uni, you are already made aware that you will be paying for it. It's called a loan for a reason. You need to pay that back as it's not your money in the first place. If you don't pay it back, then you are in fact damaging your own economy. However, what most people don't realise, is not paying your loan back can in fact damage your credit rating in the future!

• 2 weeks later...

I hate it when people have a god complex personality to them. They think they know everything and that they can just make you feel small all the time, there are some right idiots in college like this. Think that they are like a King... twits, utter hateful twits!!

I hate this so much! they think that they are in control of you're life!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

So I went to the fridge today, open the door and then BAM, a bottle of wine falls out and smashes. Turns out it had been precariously placed in the door, not fully upright and balancing on other things.

Don't really think it's my fault, as all I've done is open a fridge door, but the person who the owned the wine feels like it is my fault because she 'wouldn't have but wine somewhere it would fall'. She's even been hinting that I should buy her a new one, which I just thinking is stupid.

So yeah, morale of the story - don't place big bottles of wine awkwardly in your fridge door.

Just come back from a dog walk.

After using a public footpath and going through a gate with the dog to a road where there are no footpaths, I'm there waiting for the right moment to walk up the lane when loads of cars in each direction are going past, some of which are either turning around or pulling out of nearby houses.

When the road was clear, I walked out on the road with the dog on the inside whilst I go in the direction of forthcoming traffic (which I believe is the correct way on roads without footpaths). Not far away on the other side of the road, an old man is walking by with another dog.

When I start walking up the lane away, he then shouts at me telling me to move my dog from the bloody road. I quickly walk on saying nothing and not batting an eyelid.

I hate it when there are people who are arrogant, selfish and think they own places and public services when the road, lane or so it may be is for everyone to use and doesn't belong to them. Whilst I reacted to the incident quite calmly, I feel to have been spoken to like that in a public space to be unacceptable and treated like I'm a useless piece of trash and humiliated too. It just gives me a bitter taste in my mouth.

It's not acceptable when people think they are better than everyone.

We always say "spillage is lickage" to the one who spilled the drink in the first place, therefore here YOU would have to drink the wine! ;)

Anyway, hypocrites really grind my gears. I know everyone is hypocritical at times, but it's the ones who have the cheek to consistently complain about something, to only go ahead and do that exact thing ALL THE TIME! It amazes me how it's x thing when it's happening to/around them, but it's a completely different story when they are doing it.

Oh and Matt - I had a similar thing cycling home from work the other week. I had just gone onto the path to stop outside my house when a random man started shouting at me, scaring the life out of a poor woman who was just in front of me. The woman turns around to see me, stationary and standing next to my bike, whilst this man is shouting at me for being on the path. I just ignored him and explained to the woman that we were almost outside my house, so she let me pass.

I had no intention of mowing her down, in fact I was just going to walk behind her with my bike rather than try and bombard my way past her to get in the house. It was about 9am, I had been up since before 5am after very little sleep, but I was happy to wait the extra few seconds it would have taken for her to walk past my gate. Clearly this gentleman thought I had randomly decided to ride on the path, despite the fact that a few seconds earlier I had been happily cycling on the road.

Portsmouth has some utter douches.

I took great joy the other day at tooting some 10-12 year old cyclists who were meandering all along Clarendon Road, riding 2 or 3 a breast, cycling like utter idiots - little pleasures eh! :D (Not insinuating that you are a bad cyclist Sarah, not at all - just reminded me of the incident :lol: )

Agree though - there are certainly some "interesting" characters in Portsmouth - moreso central Portsmouth than Southsea I think. My bugbear is people who think the WHOLE of Portsmouth is a 20mph zone... so infuriating :angry:

Came home from work the other day to find wifey had spilt tea over the laptop. Damn.

I can look at it, cut and paste, but the keyboard doesn't work, so I'm phone only at the mo. My posts might be a little sparse and short for a while. And I'll be having a word with the wife!

I hate the fact that sometimes I am labled something I am not, it upsets me when people think I'm something bad, I have had enough crap with bullying in my life to know myself that I'm grateful for everything given to me and that if people don't like me for who I am that is cool, I don't judge, I just hate it when people like for example in school bitch about me behind my back and say something that I am not.

I am sorry if I am a little full on or that I may talk about things obsessively from my aspergers, but I just want friends, to have fun and to laugh with, I'm finding it a struggle in cardiff at the mo, thats why I joined here cos all you guys are quirky and great and I like it here, more then I like nutella crepes and I LOVE nutella crepes :P

I know exactly what you mean, I'm quite full on cause I am hyperactive. Most people just labeled me as annoying so I got fed up and went into sarcasm as a friendship career and now I'm just labelled as a b!tch. I'm also super honest so I do get misunderstood as many people here will probs know. I've gotten to a point where if someone judges me then I just let them, they can have their opinion, they don't know me and won't ever know me really.

Many times I've had oh your not as bad as I first thought. I always try and make sure I know people before I judge them, unless you know they really are mean or straight up say 'I've heard a lot about you and I know your annoying/hyper/a b!tch'