Rant

Theme Park bloke

As some may be aware, I'm still living in the huge 23 person uni house.  One of the great things of this is that the basement of the house is basically our kitchen, so there's 3 different kitchen areas.

I walked into one of them to make a smoothie and noticed none of the plugs were working in that room; dunno how long they had been off.  Normally I'd check the fuse box, but a few weeks ago, someone did that and completely mucked up the electrics (and led to everyone in the house being fined...), so thought I'd leave.  I let our handyman know via text so that they can sort it out.  There was a fridge-freezer in that part of the kitchen, so obviously my next thought is to try and make sure none of the stuff in there spoils / defrosts.  The nearest, and most convenient, place to put it was next to some of the other fridges, just in front of the fuse box.  So I've moved it there and plugged it in, but still left enough room in front of the fuse box for it to be accessed.

After posting in our house's Facebook group explaining everything, the two people who use the fridge-freezer come down, moan at me for moving their fridge and moan at me because it's in front of the fuse box.  I move it further out the way so they can get all the access they want, and they just randomly (and I do mean randomly, they freely admitted they had no idea what they were doing) flick a couple of switches and press a couple of buttons, and the plugs work again.  They then say I shouldn't have let our handyman know because "It's just a fuse and we can sort it out ourselves".  After what happened last time, I don't think so!  

And after all that, they then talk to each other complaining about how they've now got to walk further to get to their fridge (a whole five steps!!), and how their fridge has been "moved from its home".  Seemingly trying to suggest that I should move it back.

It's annoying that there was absolutely no acknowledgement that I moved the fridge to make sure the stuff in there didn't spoil and that my intentions were good.  I wasn't looking for thanks or anything (and, based on the people, wasn't expecting thanks either), but it's just frustrating...

• 1 month later...

So I have had some very nasty things said about me behind my back before, as many people on here are aware. But this...

I found out this evening that one of my close friends (or so I thought) has been seriously slagging me off to one of her friends who doesn't like me very much. I'd suspected for a while that this person didn't like me and that these bitching sessions had been happening, but tonight I found out for certain.

What really hurts this time is that my "friend" has been bringing up things that have happened in my past that involve other people, and have absolutely nothing to do with her. I'm not sure why but on the face of it she seems to be jealous of certain aspects of my life and is bringing up past situations as a means of putting me down to other people and demeaning those aspects of my life.

I really thought that I had left all this stuff behind in school. I know I've had falling outs with people on here, but even they were nearly 2 years ago, and nothing significant has really happened since. I guess some people really just don't know how to grow up. 

So I have had some very nasty things said about me behind my back before, as many people on here are aware. But this...

I found out this evening that one of my close friends (or so I thought) has been seriously slagging me off to one of her friends who doesn't like me very much. I'd suspected for a while that this person didn't like me and that these bitching sessions had been happening, but tonight I found out for certain.

What really hurts this time is that my "friend" has been bringing up things that have happened in my past that involve other people, and have absolutely nothing to do with her. I'm not sure why but on the face of it she seems to be jealous of certain aspects of my life and is bringing up past situations as a means of putting me down to other people and demeaning those aspects of my life.

I really thought that I had left all this stuff behind in school. I know I've had falling outs with people on here, but even they were nearly 2 years ago, and nothing significant has really happened since. I guess some people really just don't know how to grow up. 

I've had that sort of thing many times before, especially while I was at secondary school. Just ignore her and hopefully it'll soon calm down. :)

I hate it when people use racist and homophobic (amongst others) terms casually. My own friends call eachother N-words and call things or people 'gay' or a 'f*ggot' if it's 'stupid' or they've said or done something 'stupid'.

I confronted one of my friends yesterday after she and another friend were continually dropping the N-word casually in a jokey manner and she just laughed at me, incinuating that it's ridiculous and pathetic that I was 'offended' and that 'it's okay' as she herself is mixed race when it really isn't and because I've voiced my views on casual racism and homophobia before too I'm seen as a bit of a joke. Things like that just really upset me I don't understand how people can make such offensive comments so casually, it genuinely is shocking for me. Ethnicity and homosexuality shouldn't be used as an insult; whether it's a joke or not.

I need to get something off my chest:

No one in the world is perfect and most people tend to make a few mistakes here and there, and we can excuse them. But I have never met anyone in my entire life who is as blonde as my sister.

She brought tickets to Odeon from Groupon, only to find out they're only valid outside M25. She told me she checked the Terms & Condition's for what films I can't use them for (Taken 3 and 3rd Hobbit) and when they expire. I can't believe she'd check the 2 of the 3 conditions but not check what Odeon Cinemas you can't use them at.

She then had the cheek to ask if I wanted to go all the way to Guildford to watch a film, to which I said, no thanks, and now that silly cow has lost herself £12, and it serves her right for not checking things properly.

• 4 weeks later...

My iPad refreshes Internet pages too often.

I'm not talking every few minutes, but like pretty much seconds after each time I leave a tab snd go to it, it has this annoying urgency to reload the page eventhough I haven't used it much.

This is massive hassle when it comes to making posts involving me finding numerous links/I go in different pages as if it decides to refresh before I've saved or posted, the result leaves me often having to start something from scratch grrrrrrrr.

Never used to do it thus often :(

My iPod's battery is absolute balls. TWO MINUTES after I take it off charge - "Low Battery - 20% Remaining". :angry2:

How long ago did you buy tge iPod? It may be worth taking back for replacement if it's still fairly new.

My iPad is probably just getting old as it's going to be four this year, but it's faffing sbout is still very frustrating.

My iPod's battery is absolute balls. TWO MINUTES after I take it off charge - "Low Battery - 20% Remaining". :angry2:

My iPhone turns off suddenly at around 50 percent charge and then says no battery if I attempt to turn it on. THEN I turn it on a few minutes later and it WORKS and it says its at about 50 percent. But after to minutes it turns off again! SO FRUSTRATING!!!!!

We had a History project set in a group. My group filmed it a few weeks back and that went fine. I took responsibility for editing it. I edited it fine. Then I tried to put it in the correct format so I could put it on a private Youtube account to show our class. However this messed up the sound effects and music. I then left it till today. I open up Movie Maker and the screen is blank but the audio plays. I have the videos still on my computer but they wont play either. I dont know what to do. We cant film it again because I havent arranged a filming time, and my next History lesson,where we're going to get graded is TOMORROW. To put it in a few wrods, I'm DOOMED.

• 2 weeks later...

I swear some people never passed their drivers test. In one drive I've had one person cut me up on a duel carridgeway, almost smashing straight into the side of my car bonnet if I hadn't slammed on the breaks. Then, about 5mins later someone clearly not looking where they're going decides to pull straight out of a junction into the side of my car as I drove past. They literally broke inches from it- so nearly a crash it's unreal. I'm currently pulled into some random carpark because I'm too shaken up to drive, people are idiots. :@

I swear some people never passed their drivers test. In one drive I've had one person cut me up on a duel carridgeway, almost smashing straight into the side of my car bonnet if I hadn't slammed on the breaks. Then, about 5mins later someone clearly not looking where they're going decides to pull straight out of a junction into the side of my car as I drove past. They literally broke inches from it- so nearly a crash it's unreal. I'm currently pulled into some random carpark because I'm too shaken up to drive, people are idiots. :@

Four words.  People who beep learners (on roundabouts/junctions).  Absolute idiots.

Stop being so lame  :ph34r: 

It's a shame you feel this way, I don't see that myself paige. There're one or two members who piss and whinge angrily about most everything, and some hostility is put to those members in a futile attempt to stop said whinging because it's tiresome, but that is hugely the minority and always has and will be the case on a forum anyone can sign up to. Eventually the moaners get bored of being called out on their moaniness and stop, but there'll always be someone out there to take their place.

People have been blasting others' opinions and views, and many have just been constantly complaining over almost anything

The two go hand in hand. People will be negative, people will shoot that negativity down. Frankly there's been a fair bit to be unimpressed with the start of this season.

Take a look back a couple of years at something like the 'membership charter' and you'll see that we are in a period of relative friendly calm now, some of the most obnoxious abrasive people I've ever encountered have been on here, but that's all part of the fun! They get bored and move on soon enough.

This reminds me, whatever did happen to Holly?!