Rant

Theme Park bloke

Not being able to wear glasses on rides is a slight myth! I always wear mine, not matter what. Then again I really struggle to see (like you said your mum has, can hardly make out shapes and colours) and would soon get a migraine if I took them off, but it is unlikely that they'd come flying off your face. I often get mine tightened before going to a theme park just in case. #paigetips (sorry for use of hashtag)

Source: I've worn glasses for almost 15 years 

• 1 month later...

One that I have seen people questioning online a lot, and tbh I completely agree...

When did the term 'curvy' become synonymous with 'overweight'? Likewise, when did thin = thigh gap and small boobs? So many sites (here's looking at you, Buzzfeed...) seem to only focus on these definitions and it's getting incredibly annoying as I'm someone who falls into 'thin' and 'curvy', yet apparently my body type no longer exists! I'm getting sick of looking online for generic tips/inspiration only to find that virtually nothing will suit, because I have boobs but I'm not a size 14+. 

I'm by no means trying to shame (gahh, everything is damn shaming of some sort nowadays) anyone who does fit the above, I'm just a misery guts because I don't and nowhere really seems to acknowledge that you can be thin and curvy. Add being short into the mix and sometimes it's just a big bowl of fml. 

^ Red wine hangovers are the worst and a gift from Satan himself, from experience. Closely followed by cider.

And as to partly what Smidget was saying - I hate the whole "shaming" BS that seems to be the "thing" nowadays.

I also am growing a stronger and stronger dislike for Social Media more and more every day, mainly because of lazy slactivism/being seen to "care" about an issue because everyone else is. Makes me feel sick.

^ Red wine hangovers are the worst and a gift from Satan himself, from experience. Closely followed by cider.

And as to partly what Smidget was saying - I hate the whole "shaming" BS that seems to be the "thing" nowadays.

I also am growing a stronger and stronger dislike for Social Media more and more every day, mainly because of lazy slactivism/being seen to "care" about an issue because everyone else is. Makes me feel sick.

I hear you man. I hate the keyboard warriors who seem to be on a constant mission to shame everyone and everything or to cause unnecessary arguments. 

I hate the keyboard warriors who seem to be on a constant mission to shame everyone and everything or to cause unnecessary arguments. 

You mean the lifeless 14 year old noobs who think it's "cool" to troll the internet or be involved in any means of activity that has to include the word "Troll" in it?

If that's not what you're on about, then at least there's MY rant right there.

When did the term 'curvy' become synonymous with 'overweight'?

This annoys me so much!

I mean, when stuff like this comes up on my FB news feed with a caption about curvy girls being better/big is beautiful, yadda yadda...

791eb77736dbb4c26f94d48ef7976585.jpg

...NO. That is not being curvy (curves are defined, feminine and sexy). That is clearly obesity. Which is not only physically different, but bloody unhealthy! It's rather amusing that some women who are that obese consider themselves curvy - there's too much fat to even distinguish any curves! Call me bitchy, but it's true! :ninja:

And while I'm at it - I consider myself curvy because of my body shape; there are some well defined curves (albeit mainly on the lower half :P ), regardless of my size, they're still there! Sod what the media defines as "curvy" :lol: Besides, I'm not as thin now anyway; have put on a stone since the end of last year, and I'm actually so glad, because I needed to put on the weight tbh, and I think I look better, certainly feel better! I feel more like a woman :lol:

But yeah, the message should be that it doesn't matter what size/shape women are, as long as they're healthy, happy etc (and that there's more to a great body than being a stick). Being overweight or obese is not healthy.

Radiators. That's my rant.

I'm up at 4am writing this because my broken radiator is making loads of noise sounding like running water, and woke me up at 2. My radiator is so broken it's stupid. Someone turns the taps on downstairs and it turns on even though its 23 celcius outside.

Some of the conversations on this thread made me giggle - the whole "curvy" thing confuses me to be honest.  I felt bad but I did laugh a little at the pic posted - only because clearly that ain't curvy - there is curvy, and then there is.....what's the word.....more rounded?  Hmmm - body image isn't my greatest thing as I was bulimic between the ages of 21 - 26(ish) although it never fully goes away.  I personally would have no clue what body shape I am - I'm fairly tall but have zero boobs :ph34r: moooooving on.....

My brother.

Having skype calls at 4AM

Thinking its smart to wake me up

because his internet girlfriend wants to see me sleep.

AND I HAD WORK IN 3 HOURS.

Its okay, I hit him with a hockey stick. Don't think he's going to do it again.

This made me laugh - I don't condone violence but I think I would have done the same in your situation.  Also, a tad creepy that someone wants to see you sleep :excl:

And fnally - yes, hangovers get worse the older you get, hence why I rarely drink anymore......last hangover I had took around 2 days to get rid of!

So I was attacked by a crazy man on the way to work on Sunday. He snapped my headphones and kind of clawed at my face. And now yesterday, a man was attacked with a knife at Kings Cross and I kept help feeling guilty that I didn't report what happened to me. There's a high chance it's a different man but I can't help the feeling in the back of my mind that I shouldn't have just let it go.  :blush:

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...