Rant

Theme Park bloke

That's a bit extreme, no?

If you want to hang yourself because of a few comments he made, then I really think that you should seek out psychiatric help.

I have suggested that he uses the ignore button which would prevent him from seeing my posts, but it would seem that he is incapable of finding it

If you get that worked up over reading anything negative about Thorpe then I think you have a problem, it's only a theme park at the end of the day.

1. It's called sarcastic comedy.

2. I don't want to filter content, just as I have told you before your posts are 99% negatively critical and as I have mentioned to you upon several occasions before  for people to listen to you rather then moan at you more, you need to understand that there is a positive for every negative.

I'm not even allowed to voice my own opinions without having a verbal attack launched at me.

I have suggested that he uses the ignore button which would prevent him from seeing my posts, but it would seem that he is incapable of finding it

I think you have a problem

Don't treat people how you don't want to be treated (or be a hypocrite) y'all.

1. It's called sarcastic comedy.

2. I don't want to filter content, just as I have told you before your posts are 99% negatively critical and as I have mentioned to you upon several occasions before for people to listen to you rather then moan at you more, you need to understand that there is a positive for every negative.

Don't treat people how you don't want to be treated (or be a hypocrite) y'all.

I understand that people have different views, the issue I have is when people just tell me to "shut up", "stop moaning" and the like rather than actually debating which is what forums are meant to be for!

As for "don't treat people how you don't want to be treated" - find me anywhere I have verbally abused someone because I disagree with their opinion.

I understand that people have different views, the issue I have is when people just tell me to "shut up", "stop moaning" and the like rather than actually debating which is what forums are meant to be for!

As for "don't treat people how you don't want to be treated" - find me anywhere I have verbally abused someone because I disagree with their opinion.

On the one hand, these forums are meant for debate and discussion, and we are allowed to have views that differ massively from others. But, if you're always going to be negative without waiting to make a proper judgment, then that will annoy people.

Initially, I wanted a Gringotts or Spiderman/Transformers-style ride, but if Thorpe Park are going to do this properly, then we should at least give them a chance, and wait till we see and experience the final product.

Yes maybe you shouldn't have been spoken to the way you were yesterday. But it was in a chat outside of the site (involving members but that's like all the Skype drama) that happened yesterday. The member in question said to PM them to continue the chat to stop it over spilling into the main chat.

By dragging this onto the forums 2 nights in a row you are doing nothing to help yourself. It makes it seem like you're seeking attention (and if you want to speak to the team then just do it they're a great bunch they shouldn't have to trawl through this to see if it needs to be done) and continuing to moan about an issue that is yesterdays news. Can you not stand not having the last word? Deal with the issue behind the scenes, it shouldn't affect the forum.

Yes maybe you shouldn't have been spoken to the way you were yesterday. But it was in a chat outside of the site (involving members but that's like all the Skype drama) that happened yesterday. The member in question said to PM them to continue the chat to stop it over spilling into the main chat.

Well that's funny, I sent him a PM this morning and he told me "not to bother contacting him again."

The purpose of this topic is literally to bring up things that bother you.

I agree with that point, but some things should be dealt with either privately or with a community outside the one the issue has occurred in. Bringing it up here could just seem like you are trying to antagonise the other person more or any of the others you say have been out of order to you.

I would say (in my opinion) a personal issue with any individual(s) that have access here shouldn't be brought up here, only with the people involved and any that can take direct action :)

Hence why I sent him a PM like he asked me to.

I mean what sort of logic is there in telling someone to take the argument to PM, then telling them not to contact them when they do?

I have spoken to a team member.

Maybe he just wanted to forget and put it behind you? Or maybe he just wasn't in the mood to sort anything out this morning. Though obviously I'm not aware of the situation so don't know. And maybe you should just leave it all for now then and see what happens from it.

We should all try and be a bit more 'forgive-and-forget'-ing... :)

EDIT: Just remember that when you bring something up on forum you bring it up in front of 2000-odd members that all get notified of a post as there's a new unread thing, and any members of the public that Google maybe Derren Brown or something and get sucked in to the rest of the forum, maybe wanting to see the most recent post thinking it's more ride news. A public place is no place to sort a disagreement.

Maybe he just wanted to forget and put it behind you? Or maybe he just wasn't in the mood to sort anything out this morning. Though obviously I'm not aware of the situation so don't know. And maybe you should just leave it all for now then and see what happens from it.

We should all try and be a bit more 'forgive-and-forget'-ing... :)

If he actually acknowledged that he was in the wrong and said that for himself then I would be more inclined to let it drop. When you behave like that, "don't bother contacting me again" doesn't quite solve it IMO.

He seems to think he can dictate to me when and where I can or can't post, and what I'm allowed to post (nothing remotely negative about the new ride so it seems).

If he actually acknowledged that he was in the wrong and said that for himself then I would be more inclined to let it drop. When you behave like that, "don't bother contacting me again" doesn't quite solve it IMO.

He seems to think he can dictate to me when and where I can or can't post, and what I'm allowed to post (nothing remotely negative about the new ride so it seems).

I agree, it doesn't. But if you forgive and forget, or accept that some people will have an opinion of you and unfortunately you can't change that, you can work around it and try and be the better person :)

Maybe you should follow the advice you gave to toofpikk and ignore him? Then you can get on with your forum life without having to worry about him. As with anyone, when they see you aren't getting worked up about it and aren't causing a massive scene and fuss, they'll stop bothering you.

I agree, it doesn't. But if you forgive and forget, or accept that some people will have an opinion of you and unfortunately you can't change that, you can work around it and try and be the better person :)

Maybe you should follow the advice you gave to toofpikk and ignore him? Then you can get on with your forum life without having to worry about him. As with anyone, when they see you aren't getting worked up about it and aren't causing a massive scene and fuss, they'll stop bothering you.

I don't expect to change his opinion of my posts (frankly I'm not that fussed), but there are better ways of disagreeing with people than telling them to "go drown in the Thorpe lake," or "I hope the big one burns with you on it."

Having those comments (amongst many others) hurled at me over a theme park ride is what has riled me up.

I don't expect to change his opinion of my posts (frankly I'm not that fussed), but there are better ways of disagreeing with people than telling them to "go drown in the Thorpe lake," or "I hope the big one burns with you on it."

Having those comments (amongst many others) hurled at me over a theme park ride is what has riled me up.

I know, and I agree that it's out of order. But you aren't going to solve that here.

Once again, just ignoring him would solve that problem, after a while of you not reacting to it, he would stop.

All personal problems with members please come to me or someone else in the admin/ mod team to rant out your anger and we will do our best to help.

I understand we all get passionate and get caught in the moment when it comes to feelings and frustrations, but this forum has grown a lot in the last few years (community wise) and incidents like this happen a lot less than in the past in my opinion which shows the forum is growing in maturity. So let's put this to bed.

I will be contacting all those who have been 'affected' last night and sort this out. But personal rants on here publicly STOP NOW. However you may continue to vent your frustrations to me personally. 

If after my post I see anything relating to the above incident I will issue you a warning (If you find this unfair - tough) and so the next posts on this topic I expect to be totally unrelated.