Rant

Theme Park bloke

I don't expect to change his opinion of my posts (frankly I'm not that fussed), but there are better ways of disagreeing with people than telling them to "go drown in the Thorpe lake," or "I hope the big one burns with you on it."

Having those comments (amongst many others) hurled at me over a theme park ride is what has riled me up.

Just a causal observation but my nephew ended up in a cell overnight, with a later criminal conviction and community service order, for simply telling someone online to 'go drown yourself in the lake', to say the one flippent comment has ruined his life, is an understatement.

Back in the good old day when we paid per letter for text and waiting 20 minutes for an image to load on a website, there were a few unofficial rules for online conduct:

Pink text to indicate sarcasm or humour,

Never say anything online that you wouldn't say to the person if they were standing in front of you.

It seems a lot of people should be made aware of these old school rules, it might save an awful lot of trouble.

If she did that with everyone then her till could be up a considerable amount which could get her in trouble.

Also, I'm pretty sure that every bag has to be accounted for, which could also get Amy into trouble, so it's not really that easy from the point of view of someone who also works in retail, but doesn't deal with the carrier bag tax.

I don't envy retail workers since this bag tax has been implemented - have respect for anyone that works in retail anyway (having worked in retail myself and dealing with a-hole customers) - my younger sister works at Tesco and has had on more than one occasion a barrage of abuse thrown at her because bags are now 5p - it's 5p dammit - are people that tight that they get worked up over 5p?  It's not retail workers fault at the end of the day - oh and people really should decide whether they want a bag before they finish paying - bahhh

I don't envy retail workers since this bag tax has been implemented - have respect for anyone that works in retail anyway (having worked in retail myself and dealing with a-hole customers) - my younger sister works at Tesco and has had on more than one occasion a barrage of abuse thrown at her because bags are now 5p - it's 5p dammit - are people that tight that they get worked up over 5p?  It's not retail workers fault at the end of the day - oh and people really should decide whether they want a bag before they finish paying - bahhh

I agree with this, it can be horrible, I've only worked in retail since being in Wales and the bag charge has been in place for a while and it works fine now, I just make sure to ask the customer if they want a bag. I think it's just people don't want to pay it at first but it'll just become common place in the long run!

• 4 weeks later...

People who grunt doing anything. Like my mum. Bless her and all, but she grunts changing gears in the car, opening the door, turning on the tap. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if she grunted typing. It's one of the most annoying noises in the world, and people do it over the tiniest things all the time, and it pisses me off.

People who grunt doing anything. Like my mum. Bless her and all, but she grunts changing gears in the car, opening the door, turning on the tap. Hell, it wouldn't surprise me if she grunted typing. It's one of the most annoying noises in the world, and people do it over the tiniest things all the time, and it pisses me off.

Sorry but your post made me laugh - I think it can be an age think (no offence to your mum here) but I've started doing it generally if I stand up after sitting for a while - although it's more of a 'eeeeee' noise than a grunt. Thing is when something annoys you you tend to focus on it more which makes it worse!

People who watch superhero movies and do this:

4349786.jpg

I have no problem at all with people enjoying superhero movies based off of comics. It's when they start strutting about like they've been reading the comics for years and years and know everything about the hero, even though they couldn't name a single comic book title based off of them, that I get mad. 

Plz