Rant

Theme Park bloke

People who don't know the difference between 'their', 'there' and 'they're'.

Honestly who cares. It's not like it makes it more difficult to understand what they are trying to say so what's the point in caring? Maybe watch this video 

People who have nothing better to do than correct other peoples grammar is what pisses me off.

People who have nothing better to do than correct other peoples grammar is what pisses me off.

I second that on the people who at the moment think this thread is a game. IT DOESN'T MATTER HOW LONG OR SHORT A SIMPLE POST IS! This thread is purely here to get something that's been troubling you out of your system once and for all. Not for stupid childish hollers of "My rant is shorter! I am god!". Either post something relevant here or if you must, create a new thread which I'm sure no one will pay attention to whatsoever.

And to prove my point, I'm finished with that rant. Carry on. :P

Honestly who cares. It's not like it makes it more difficult to understand what they are trying to say so what's the point in caring? Maybe watch this video 

You're correct; it does not make it more difficult to understand what they are trying to so.  However, it doesn't mean that people shouldn't take care in what they are typing.

Especially on things like online forums, a person's posts, and the way they post, is the key way of gauging what sort of person they are.  If you don't care about things like your spelling or grammar to a reasonable degree (and don't bother to make sure you're using the correct homophones), then it can negatively reflect on the person in my opinion.  Regardless of what the person is like off the forums, the opinion you form of them on the forums is likely the first one you make of them.  

I'm not saying people should point out every mistake every time, nor that everyone should be perfect every time.  But a little bit of care to make sure that the quality of a person's post is reasonable takes no time at all and makes a lot of difference.

As for the video you link, that is completely different to this case.  The video is talking more about grammar and how it should be used, not spelling.  The there / their / they're problem is much more a spelling issue than a grammatical one in my opinion.

On a different note, it's kind of sad to see just how watered down this thread is with comments about short rants and whatnot.  Kind of cheapens the thread, which is usually more for serious issues (see the last post on the previous page).

Now I know the signs on motorways are stupid etc, especially during traffic. But yesterday was ridiculous in my eyes.

So I was going jct 11-15 on the M25. Huge delays, 30 minutes to go jct 12-14 (like 8 miles or something). The 40 speed limit signs annoy me because I'm never going to hit 40. There was a sign at jct14 saying "jct12-14: 30 minutes delay" like yeah know that already having just done it. Thanks for telling me at the end.

There was also a stranded car in the outside lane. No owner to be seen. No lights in the car or anything. Almost like they were using it as free airport parking. Anyway, seeing a sign saying "stranded vehicle slow down" just really annoyed me when I was basically parked under the sign for 5 minutes not able to move. That slow enough for you government?

As far as I can tell this was all started through a personal fb page. None of this was in anyway affiliated with TPM, so why was this issue brought up on this site?

Ryan brought it onto the site, which is strange considering that he took an issue with me bringing something similar to the site back in January.

Cianjs if you really feel as if you don't belong here, at least just take a break from here rather than leaving altogether...because believe me once you're over it you'll come back and it all would've blown over. :)

Here me out everyone. I tried migrating to TowersStreet a few months back for a similar reason which I kept to myself...but I came back here VERY quickly because I realised this site is where some of my best friends are. Saying that Cianjs, leaving the site without thinking about this whole situation at least for a while might seem reasonable...but doing so you're making a big mistake. We're all here for the same reason. We're all theme park enthusiasts...and leaving the forum will mean you're also leaving a lot of people who share a similar interest!

What I'm saying is, just give it a chance. :)

Yes! Broke the Internet - what the hell it makes no sense!!!

My rant is...toothache. Frigging hurts like hell and I'm on the clove oil (anyone not aware of this stuff it's great for toothache but the downside is that it tastes revolting, makes you salivate ridiculous amounts- oh and no one is likely to go near you). If I had some pliers I'd be tempted to pull the blighter out. Ouch

Clove oil only works properly if you soak a bit of cotton wool in it and shove it into the cavity, I have terrible teeth thanks to not going to a dentist for 30 years so am way past the pain bothering me point, but I used to find that salt walter as hot as you can take it, a steralised pin to relieve pressure if needed (in the gum) or even ice cream would dull the pain, depending on the time of year, cutting air off to the cavilty (with the cotton wool) was a good solution.

We've been stocking up on anti-inflamatory meds, since we're fast approaching that time of year where the earth shifts on it's axis, people look at me like I'm mad whenever I talk about it but I swear the only times I suffer toothache nowadays is during that period where we shift from winter to summer and the atmospheric pressure changes, so in the last few years I've been ready for it and popped a few nurofen based on where the shadow falls on our greenhouse, and not suffered as much.

Pliers are no good unless the tooth is whole and loose, it'll only make matters worse if not, been there done that lol.