Rant

Theme Park bloke

You're going to need to explain what 'get in the bin' means before this generation understands...

Edit: Thanks to the amazing powers of the internet, I believe I have located the meaning on this slang, it's not what I thought it meant, in the 80/90's all we used to say was, 'shutup shi*thead', that was perfectly adequate to convey one's feelings, I can't believe even slang has become politically correct :lol:

Never heard of "get in the bin" - have heard of "get in the bowl" though (m&ms yum). Some of the sayings these days really boggle my brain cell!

Back to my previous toothache post I've started putting the clove oil on cotton wool (cheers for tips Ian-S!). I did wonder why the stuff wasn't working long when I applied it with my finger oohps. I think I've discovered the problem - one of my back teeth has a filling (actually most of my teeth do - probably due to the fact I used to eat 2 packs of polo mints every day). Anyway, the side of the tooth has come away (happened a long time ago) but I reckon there's a bloody hole inside the filling or that's what it feels like. I really should go to the dentist but I hate them - my old dentist who I used to see before he retired was brilliant although he was private - not too expensive though - last tooth I had out was about £60 back in 2010. I don't mind having teeth pulled - actually find it quite therapeutic but I dread fillings and I know I am due at least another one.

Totally different rant - my sister is absolutely incapable of asking me to do something in a calm manner - she is nearly 37 and is aggressive it's unbelievable - I think if it wasn't for my niece I would possibly have nothing to do with her. Bad I know but we rarely get on and I've been physically hurt by her on more occasions than I care to think about - and that is nothing compared to the verbal abuse

Sounds like my neighbour, she's incapable of talking and always shouts, it's not going to be long and her daughter is either going to tell her to f-off or belt her one :lol:

Re: toothache, another method is to crush up an aspirin or paracetamol and rub it into your gum redneck style, but don't overdo it, it's easy to overdose on crushed up stuff as it get's into your bloodstream much faster (I almost did once due to forgetting what I had taken and it wasn't a pleasant experience, I now keep a written note of what I take lol).

Back OT, I really hate it when someone you're supposed to be talking to has their nose in their dam phone, I feel like snatching the dam thing out their hand and throwing it into the nearest solid object, even more so when the conversation is something really serious, like keeping them out of a court, grrr.

Oh might try the crushed up pill thing - although touch wood toothache has vanished today!

Your neighbour sounds like a delight! I don't understand why people feel the need to scream and shout all the time - my younger sister has a neighbour like that who actually screams abuse through the walls telling my nephews to shut up! (Totally fine for her stroppy teenager to constantly slam doors though!) - sister finds it amusing as she is due to give birth very soon and a newborn screaming will pee her neighbour off no end.

Ugh people and phones - I don't mind people checking their phone when you are talking to them but it's another things when you are trying to have a conversation and that person can't chuffing multitask and instead is in their own bloody world. Whenever I see my older sister she is constantly texting people and it drives me insane - I've lost count of the amount of times I've asked her a question and she's been too engrossed to even acknowledge I'm speaking to her, let alone answer. It's usually at that point I bugger off outside for an angry cigarette!

I swear some people go out of their way to cause an argument - that's bad that you got treated like that and shame on the parents for their behaviour - great role models for their kids right there. Not sure how you kept so calm being spoken to like that - I would have been tempted to tell 'em to f@? off but like you say, gettin stabbed ain't the way you really want to end a day at a theme park!

Did you inform security? If they've spoken to you like that for something so petty then God knows how they've been with other people - ignorant buggers!

No problem with adult vapers. They respect their health more and most are trying to find a good alternative to fags/a path to quitting. It's the 17 year olds who pop out of school to go smoke some watermelon flavored water which has the same amount of tobacco in it as 20 packs of cigarettes that really annoys me. Having said that, one of my old mates came round my house and started vaping everywhere. Suddenly because it's just steam rather then smoke, it's alright to do it whereever you feel, and that also frustrates me from several points of views. It gives many an aura like they own the place, and also the price of many vapes just makes some of them seem utterly stupid. Furthermore, in a theme park setting it frustrates me also. Suddenly, if you vape you are free of a lot of the rules that smokers have to obey, including smoking in queue lines, in public areas, and I've even seen vapers going round bubbleworks. These still cause a ot of hazards in rides, and furthermore can upset nearby guests. Just in general, vapes and youths really don't mix and it frustrates me deeply.

'Twas a decent afternoon at Thorpe today. Well, apart from being rambled at by possibly the chaviest family in the UK.

After getting off practically everything worth riding, we decided to meander around the park for a bit.

It was pretty calm until I accidentally brushed past a mother and father with about 12 children, in which about 5 of them were engulfing the park with vape clouds. The women yelled about me in the most nauseatingly sarcastic tone "yeah, go on then! Get in our way some more!". After noticing my slight slip-up, I responded with just "sorry" and continued walking after deciding that I'd rather not get stabbed or cause anymore trouble by responding with an equally sarcastic remark.

After apologising I heard the huge lump of a father yell "yeah! You f*cking better move!" in the most terrifyingly aggressive and mammoth-like tone I've ever had the displeasure of hearing.

So yeah, that spoiled my day a bit lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's a shame that idiots like that visit theme parks, I'm sorry to put it bluntly but people who take that sort of attitude towards others don't deserve anything nicer.

If anything like that happens again I would definitely recommend telling staff/security.  I had a similar incident last year where two people started throwing insults at me and the people I was with, trying to open our rucksacks etc... all because we were "walking too slowly" in the Saw queue (despite the fact that anyone with a brain would be able to work out that we were going to join the back of a queue anyway so there's no point in rushing!)

I spoke to the staff at the baggage hold and they called security and the two people were marched off the park.

With that said, it's probably not as easy in the situation today as they had already walked off.

It really bugs me how parents casually use the ugliest choice of words in front of their children. A prime example of this was in the IAC q today when a mum with a group of children were standing in the q behind me, and the mum decides to swear in every sentence in front of her young children, using the most despicable choice of words. I have no problem with swearing as a whole but after hearing a 7 year old saying, "This line is so f**king slow" multiple times just after the mother complained about the same thing, I find that very concerning!

My son would have told the kid off (well if he had been allowed to get the words out, I can usually guess what he's going to say and stop him before he get's himself into trouble nowdays).

As some might know I have a neighbour who likes her music, and likes to swear, but of course when it's other people doing the swearing or disturbing her, it's offensive and inconvenient, I tried pointing out the irony in her attitude, but was promptly told to go do something physically impossible for a male to do, we have thousands of words in the English language that can be used to convey one's feelings, there's no need to swear every fifth word.

I always ask if it's ok to vape, which made my chain smoking sister nearly wet herself when I asked her (force of habbit lol) and I generally try to respect the 'rules' for smokers, even though it's not smoking.  What annoys me is these people who sit there chugging on their CE4 clone and produce more smoke than a VW, they give the rest of us who've been vaping for years before it became mainstream a really bad name, also they don't seem realise lots of white steam means lots of wasted liquid (and too higher VG content),they'd be better off scraping out the ice from inside the freezer and dumping that into their mix instead of VG, it has the same effect / is same thing but doesn't produce the huge plooms of white steam (I'm assuming they DIY mix, but thinking about it, I doubt they do that).

I think a lot of youngsters vape in an attempt to fit in or look "cool" which is absurd! I don't personally have a problem with vapers as it would be more than hypocritical as I am a smoker. What cheeses me off massively is people that smoke in queue lines - I've never done it and never would. I've been in a 3 hour queue before gasping for a cig but held off the urge to light up, yet last year when I went on Colossus there was literally a 5 min queue- the pair of inconsiderate @ssholes in front of us sparked up cigs as they reached the back of the huge 5 min queue - ironically standing next to a sign saying no smoking - and even when told by a staff member to not smoke, happily continued.

I just think if you can't wait a whole 5 mins for your next chuff stick you should probably not be at a theme park.

Smoking in queue lines is horrific! I am asthmatic and when I'm standing in line for a ride I don't won't to be choking on second hand smoke. I have no issue with smoking (that does not mean I approve of it, tbh I dislike it a lot), but it would be considerate if people in queues actually followed the rules instead of disobeying then and causing much displeasure to people around them.

Smoking in queue lines is horrific! I am asthmatic and when I'm standing in line for a ride I don't won't to be choking on second hand smoke. I have no issue with smoking (that does not mean I approve of it, tbh I dislike it a lot), but it would be considerate if people in queues actually followed the rules instead of disobeying then and causing much displeasure to people around them.

Yes I totally agree - no one wants skanky smoke blown all over them and if people can't refrain from lighting up whilst queuing then they should get the hell out of the queue. It cheeses me off more when they are asked to put cigs out but blatantly refuse.

Before the smoking ban you could smoke in arcade areas (indoors) and whenever I went to the coast I never ever smoked in them - just felt wrong especially with lots of kids about. Those places always used to stink of dirty ash trays and have cig ends all over the floor.

I don't have a problem with theme parks having designated smoking areas - think it's a good idea infact. Though I have to admit Legoland could do with more than just one for the entire park! Chessies are good as there are quite a few and you get to chat with fellow social lepers! Many a time I've had a good chat whilst chuffing away.

Yes I totally agree - no one wants skanky smoke blown all over them and if people can't refrain from lighting up whilst queuing then they should get the hell out of the queue. It cheeses me off more when they are asked to put cigs out but blatantly refuse.

Before the smoking ban you could smoke in arcade areas (indoors) and whenever I went to the coast I never ever smoked in them - just felt wrong especially with lots of kids about. Those places always used to stink of dirty ash trays and have cig ends all over the floor.

I don't have a problem with theme parks having designated smoking areas - think it's a good idea infact. Though I have to admit Legoland could do with more than just one for the entire park! Chessies are good as there are quite a few and you get to chat with fellow social lepers! Many a time I've had a good chat whilst chuffing away.

Smoking areas are a good idea, but a lot of the time don't work. People are aware of the fact that they aren't allowed to smoke in any other location of the park, yet they still do it. It's near impossible to strictly enforce it, as people are still going to flaunt it, no matter the consequence.

Smoking areas are a good idea, but a lot of the time don't work. People are aware of the fact that they aren't allowed to smoke in any other location of the park, yet they still do it. It's near impossible to strictly enforce it, as people are still going to flaunt it, no matter the consequence.

For the record, Thorpe don't actually try and enforce their smoking areas per se.  There are set smoking areas around the park, and these are the recommended / preferred places for people to smoke.  However, people are allowed to smoke anywhere in the park, as long as it's outdoors, not a queue line and not Angry Birds Land.

The other Merlin parks enforce it and it seems to work well; I rarely see people smoke outside the smoking areas at Towers and Chessington to be fair.  And I thought smoking was completely banned at Legoland these days too?

Did Lego remove their big smoker's pit by Fire Academy?

Staff don't tend to enforce it (at least back in my day), because you would get people go all pissy over it for some reason, even if they were stood under the no-smoking sign in Land of the Dragons... Half the time with guests it's not worth the effort or being put into a crap mood because they're an awful human being...

Being technically a 'non-smoker', of the one of many things, it has educated to me to the utterly horrible smell it produces, I'm not talking the smelly breath post fag, everybody has a 'distinctive breath smell' if you get close enough, but that long lingering smell that follows you around like a lost puppy, I can really appreciate how stomach turning it can be.

The law on smoking in public is fairly specific, if a queue line is outdoors (like most) there is little the park can do, they're stuck between a rock and a hard place, do they 1) throw the client out risking them to never return (and spend more money), 2) ask them to stop and potentially risk 1, or 3) do nothing until someone complains, the parks will mostly air with option 3.

The unfortunate thing is most smokers will exploit this, without realising their exploition will lead to further regulation down the line completely banning smoking in all public place, open air'd or not.

Hate to admit it but the first time I went to Legoland I was unaware that they had a smoking area and was politely asked to put my cig out - I was away from people and not wafting it in their faces but fair enough - I apologised and put the cig out and asked where the smoking area was.

Thorpe don't seem to have a great deal of smoking locations - again I am quite careful about where I smoke and will try to get to a designated area, or go somewhere no one is about.

I can't understand people getting pissy about the smoking rules - smoking is gross and people shouldn't be subjected to second hand smoke - more so in queuelines where you literally can't get away from it.  Smoking is a choice but it doesn't mean its ok to infest other peoples lungs with your own smoke - it comes down to being reasonable and considerate of other people.  I was actually really embarrased at Legoland and felt like a proper pleb but in my defence it was my first visit there although with it being a kids park I should have known better.

In fact I should know better than to smoke in the bloody first place after literally seeing my mum die from lung cancer - nasty illness and I do plan to quit when the time is right.  I hate seeing young kids (I say kids but I mean sort of 16-17 years olds) smoking because I just want to go up to them and say "stop now before you get addicted". I didn't even start smoking to fit in as none of my friends smoked - it was pure curiosity and one of the biggest regrets of my life :unsure:

So I properly started vaping just before Xmas.

I bought a couple smaller devices to test the "smoke" output for a model experiment and soon found out that I needed something a little bigger so got a rta and hooked it up to a 65w box mod, I did experiment with vaping myself, but thought it was just a waste of time.

The model smoke experiments continued and worked pretty well and produced the effect I was after, but since I have given up on it.

Fast forward to Xmas and I bought myself a cheap rda to go on top of my box mod and have been hooked since.
To make a point, I've never smoked (Other than 2 cigars) and only Vape as I like the taste, feel and action of doing so, only problem now though is I like it too much.* I broke the rda glass so bought a sub ohm tank and it makes Vaping on my nigh on hour long commute in the car so much more enjoyable and easier. (Don't drip and drive people!)

Until late January I never vaped in Public, as had an image that some vapers are attention seeking, now I don't give two hoots what people think, I enjoy it and I can afford to spend money on juice and gear, but I try not to exhale in front of people and what not, or vape in enclosed spaces.

Now I am currently vaping at around 40 watts and 0.2ohm, mixture of flavours.

Now the "Rant" part of my message.

*So I went to a local vape store that I bought my 2nd box mod from and asked what Nicotine free juice they do, "This this this this and this". 'Okay, what's this?'
"Have a try if you want?"

In a tank running at 70 watts it tasted amazing and instantly gave me a bloody good but kinda weird feeling.
So I bought a bottle.

Later in the car I was vaping a fair bit and felt the same euphoric feeling, a few days later I worked out he sold me 11mg strength juice and my friend 18mg (I've not been back to the store since). Problem is now I think I'm getting addicted to the flavour/nicotine, it's bloody lush and I enjoy the "High".
The bottle has almost run out and I'm not sure what to do...I know I should not buy another but it's a tasty flavour and I like the feeling.
The guy is a bar steward for selling it to me though, knowing I asked for Nicotine free.

Tom.

Most 'vape stores' are run by morons who have no clue, they just buy the stuff in bulk and flog it, I went into our local one and asked for some VG (vegetable glyco if you're wondering) as I'd run out and it was a Friday (no chance to get any posted to me until Monday) and he tried to sell me 30ml bottle of RX4 24mg for £9 (RX4 is a tobacco flavour, 24mg is the highest strength you can get outside of mixing yourself). When I said no I want unflavoured, zero strength VG, he pointed to the label that said 70%PG/30%VG mix and said 'it has VG in, label say so, you buy'.

I ended up walking across the street to Boots and buying a 200ml bottle of VG for £3.