Rant

Theme Park bloke

25 minutes ago, Matt Creek said:

Job searching sucks.

ive been searching for months and months for stuff and still haven't landed anywhere.

Last week, applied last minute for Disney and was surprised to get invited to an interview, which I think went well.

Sadlybdidnt get the job so still have nothing. Every time I apply and don't get offered, part of me dies! 

The best way to look at it is the more interviews etc you have, the more experience you gain. It took me ages to find a job but I never gave up and eventually got something. You will do too :) 

• 1 month later...

So due to some reasons I won't go into, I cant sleep. At all. Some nights I'll wake up, I woke up at exactly 12:36AM three nights in a row, I woke up every hour one night, and sometimes my body will just decide that 4AM is the time to get up and that I won't be able to go back to sleep until I'm meant to be actually doing something. Some nights, like tonight, I just won't be able to sleep. I either can't get comfortable or simply cant shut my eyes and keep them shut. Some nights I'll get a full nights sleep and wake up feeling more tired than any of the other days. It's honestly the most irritating thing ever. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP AND NOT BE TIRED WHY IS THIS SO IMPOSSIBLE!

5 hours ago, ChessingtonSam said:

So due to some reasons I won't go into, I cant sleep. At all. Some nights I'll wake up, I woke up at exactly 12:36AM three nights in a row, I woke up every hour one night, and sometimes my body will just decide that 4AM is the time to get up and that I won't be able to go back to sleep until I'm meant to be actually doing something. Some nights, like tonight, I just won't be able to sleep. I either can't get comfortable or simply cant shut my eyes and keep them shut. Some nights I'll get a full nights sleep and wake up feeling more tired than any of the other days. It's honestly the most irritating thing ever. I JUST WANT TO SLEEP AND NOT BE TIRED WHY IS THIS SO IMPOSSIBLE!

Speak to someone about it I guess? Like a parent or friend.

Or if it gets too serious to a point it's ruining your life, see a doctor. This sounds like insomnia to me.

39 minutes ago, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

Speak to someone about it I guess? Like a parent or friend.

Or if it gets too serious to a point it's ruining your life, see a doctor. This sounds like insomnia to me.

I do speak to my parents about it (don't have to most of the time). I'm pretty sure it's insomnia as a symptom more than anything else. 

On 7 April 2017 at 10:19 AM, ChessingtonSam said:

I do speak to my parents about it (don't have to most of the time). I'm pretty sure it's insomnia as a symptom more than anything else. 

Insomnia is extremely frustrating  - I've had it for a long time to the point where I can now only sleep when I take my night time meds (not sleeping tabs oddly enough)

Lack of sleep isn't good (duh) and can often be a sign of depression, although there are many reason why people struggle with sleep and depression isn't always the reason - it could be that you find it hard to switch off etc.

If you can, avoid caffeine during afternoon and evening times (if you even drink coffee) and try to get into some sort of routine where you go to bed at the same time each night 

If it gets really bad your GP may be able to prescribe a short dose of sleeping tablets which help however it's not a full time solution 

Hope it improves for you because I know first hand how frustrating it is when you can't sleep

7 hours ago, 3Dimensions said:

BF cheated on me and my dog died in the same week, slightly too much to handle all at once :(

Oh bloody hell thats awful for you - loss of a pet is very sad - they are part of the family.  I'm a huge animal lover and was devastated when my cat died 3 years ago - it will get easier to deal with in time

As for your BF - what a scum bag - I'm a firm believer in Karma - what goes around comes around - there's no excuse for cheating whatsoever and I have very strong opinions on it from past experiences.  You deserve much better!

• 3 weeks later...

When things aren't delivered in time! I can only remember having two things delivered for me, FIFA 17 pre ordered which I was really excited for, which GAME delivered nearly a month late (we ended up getting it from the XBOX Store and getting a refund for the version that came late), and my gaming pc I was bought for my birthday, mainly to play Planet Coaster haha, meant to come 6 days later (April 14th) and still isn't hear. I realise this makes me sound quite spoilt, I'm not as bad as I come across but it's very irritating as I just want to play Planet Coaster and Football Manager!

1 hour ago, ChessingtonSam said:

When things aren't delivered in time! I can only remember having two things delivered for me, FIFA 17 pre ordered which I was really excited for, which GAME delivered nearly a month late (we ended up getting it from the XBOX Store and getting a refund for the version that came late), and my gaming pc I was bought for my birthday, mainly to play Planet Coaster haha, meant to come 6 days later (April 14th) and still isn't hear. I realise this makes me sound quite spoilt, I'm not as bad as I come across but it's very irritating as I just want to play Planet Coaster and Football Manager!

That annoys me as well 

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...

Rant: Airplane edition.

The fact that you have to get to the airport really early just to make sure that you clear security without problems. After that, the plane is always delayed anyway so you just end up in the airport for four hours wasting your life.

You arrive at your gate, they announce boarding. Everyone stands up and waits in a line even though everyone has an assigned seat

No matter how organised you are, everyone around you faffs around when getting on the plane. They block the entire aisle trying to work out where their seats are or where to put their luggage. 

You find your seat, get down. Staff announce boarding complete. You sit around for another half an hour waiting for the plane to do something. Plane was supposed to leave at 14:20 but its now 16:50 and you're wondering if you are ever going to leave Gatwick. 

The baby/young child behind you (there's always a young child behind you) decides to either cry or kick your seat. This will go on for the entire flight.

Plane leaves but now you are in an enormous queue to get to the runway because this country takes decades to make a decision on where a new runway is going to be. It's now 17:45.

Plane finally takes off. Some idiot decides now is the time he wants to get up and go to the toilet. Staff bombard him saying how unsafe it is to get up during take off, but he doesn't care for he is English and he is made off stronger stuff.

Plane lands, everything is fine. The other country is fantastic with little queue for passport checks and you're swiftly on your way.

A few days later

Naturally its home time and on this occasion the plane back home is now four hours delayed so now you're stuck at Gothenburg airport, all the shops and food places are closed so now there's nothing. Just empty time. 

You finally get on the plane just that little bit irritable. Pilot announces due to bad weather conditions at Gatwick, air traffic controller is advising another hour delay whilst they find a landing slot. You now want to kill everyone.

Thank god you are on your way, but this time you have to face the dreaded passport checks at Gatwick. Plane lands. The seatbelt sign is turned off. Everyone decides to get up to get their luggage and just stand there waiting for the door to open to disembark. This takes ten minutes.

You try to get through passport control quickly but unfortunately the plane is taxied as far away from the terminal as possible so after fifteen minutes of walking you finally make it. Due to Tory cuts only one border enforcer is working.

You get through, now ready for suicide but unfortunately the door to the luggage compartment on the plane has frozen shut or your luggage has ended up in Lisbon. 

If you have managed to get through all that, the real nightmare begins as you either have to get a Southern service from Gatwick or the Piccadilly line from Heathrow.

9 hours ago, Mark9 said:

Rant: Airplane edition.

The fact that you have to get to the airport really early just to make sure that you clear security without problems. After that, the plane is always delayed anyway so you just end up in the airport for four hours wasting your life.

You arrive at your gate, they announce boarding. Everyone stands up and waits in a line even though everyone has an assigned seat

No matter how organised you are, everyone around you faffs around when getting on the plane. They block the entire aisle trying to work out where their seats are or where to put their luggage. 

You find your seat, get down. Staff announce boarding complete. You sit around for another half an hour waiting for the plane to do something. Plane was supposed to leave at 14:20 but its now 16:50 and you're wondering if you are ever going to leave Gatwick. 

The baby/young child behind you (there's always a young child behind you) decides to either cry or kick your seat. This will go on for the entire flight.

Plane leaves but now you are in an enormous queue to get to the runway because this country takes decades to make a decision on where a new runway is going to be. It's now 17:45.

Plane finally takes off. Some idiot decides now is the time he wants to get up and go to the toilet. Staff bombard him saying how unsafe it is to get up during take off, but he doesn't care for he is English and he is made off stronger stuff.

Plane lands, everything is fine. The other country is fantastic with little queue for passport checks and you're swiftly on your way.

A few days later

Naturally its home time and on this occasion the plane back home is now four hours delayed so now you're stuck at Gothenburg airport, all the shops and food places are closed so now there's nothing. Just empty time. 

You finally get on the plane just that little bit irritable. Pilot announces due to bad weather conditions at Gatwick, air traffic controller is advising another hour delay whilst they find a landing slot. You now want to kill everyone.

Thank god you are on your way, but this time you have to face the dreaded passport checks at Gatwick. Plane lands. The seatbelt sign is turned off. Everyone decides to get up to get their luggage and just stand there waiting for the door to open to disembark. This takes ten minutes.

You try to get through passport control quickly but unfortunately the plane is taxied as far away from the terminal as possible so after fifteen minutes of walking you finally make it. Due to Tory cuts only one border enforcer is working.

You get through, now ready for suicide but unfortunately the door to the luggage compartment on the plane has frozen shut or your luggage has ended up in Lisbon. 

If you have managed to get through all that, the real nightmare begins as you either have to get a Southern service from Gatwick or the Piccadilly line from Heathrow.

One of my clearest memories from Florida 6 years ago is the "2 hour" delay at Heathrow which then became a "2 1/2 hour delay" which then turned into a 4 hour delay which then became a 6 hour delay which then became a 9 hour delay. The most boring 9 hours of my life.

11 hours ago, Mark9 said:

You missed out the bit where you try and go through one of the automatic passport control things and it doesn't recognise your face, so you have to join the long, slow-moving manned passport control point.

Got to love Gatwick, and its 10 mile walks to get to your gate..

And the manic and usually overly complicated security, oh and when it takes a HOUR for luggage to show up on the belt.

Though then again I live down the road from it, so I guess I'd rather deal with Gatwick over a 2 hour drive to get to Stansted..