Rant

Theme Park bloke

Always blows my mind how lovely other countries are to welcome me in with open arms, Korea and Japan easily being the loveliest. But then coming back to the place I call home, I'm treated like dirt and feel like I've done something wrong, why have you got to be like that England?

I'll never understand the rush everyone has to get on the plane first, it won't leave without you and you are already booked on it, calm down!

Did you really have to bring up Southern Mark? You've taken me to dark dark place just reading their name...

12 hours ago, BaronC. said:

You missed out the bit where you try and go through one of the automatic passport control things and it doesn't recognise your face, so you have to join the long, slow-moving manned passport control point.

Most tend to have a sort of 'queue jump' system nowadays where if it does reject you you get led directly to a person...

I love the plane rush because it's SO ridiculous, though it only been down to the allowing actual luggage on the flights and people MUST have it in the overheads... People watching is so fun when travelling anywhere though really...

8 hours ago, Benin said:

Most tend to have a sort of 'queue jump' system nowadays where if it does reject you you get led directly to a person...

I love the plane rush because it's SO ridiculous, though it only been down to the allowing actual luggage on the flights and people MUST have it in the overheads... People watching is so fun when travelling anywhere though really...

I love watching people running to catch the Jubilee line at Stratford. I especially love it when they miss the train.

I'm a horrible person.

• 1 month later...

Just had a promotion board at work, a competency based interview. Ballsed it right up, it was a proper car crash. My mind just went blank, there was nothing coming out.

What really frustrates me is I already do the job, and have done for a couple of years very successfully, but that counts for nothing unless you can sit there and sell yourself. Madness.

The worst bit is I just want to go out and get pissed now to drown my sorrows, but can't because I'm on an early tomorrow. Harumph. 

I know the feeling pluk.  I suck at 1 on 1 / 2 on 1 interviews majorly.  I freeze, nothing comes out, and then - worst of all - start panicking about not saying anything which means you say even less and so the vicious circle starts.  The funny thing is I'm fine when presenting to a group (either mid-sized or large-sized), but interviews crumble me.  Kind of feel like I'd do better if I had 5 people interviewing me at once.

Fingers crossed the job gods give you some slack and you get given the job.  Would more than make up for not being able to drown those sorrows.

• 2 weeks later...

I can relate to all those nightmar'ish airport and plane rants all to well. 

I hate how flights these days seem more likely to be delayed now than on time. I think at least every inbound flight I took last year was delayed by nothing less than an hour. One of them nothing short of four. 

What's even worse and more annoying is when your flight is cancelled altogether, as this means you now have to faff about trying to find another flight home as otherwise you are technically stranded. Even if the airline offers an alternative flight, it may not be practical, either due to being an inconvenient  time of the day, landing at another airport or more likely both. Even if you can find another provider to fly home, you still have to go through the hassle of claiming a refund which is long and fiddly.

Unfortunately unorganised people and screaming kids behind and/or in front of you in planes and airports is as common as butter on bread these days and is highly unlikely to change anytime soon. 

Job interviews are also difficult these days as you have so much competition. The good level stuff is very competitive and expects x amount of years usually in a lower end job, whilst the lower end (retail) stuff has hundreds of applicants. Even if you pull your socks off it's all to common to still be unsuccessful, with the 'lack of experience' label being flown up too often. 

I also hate jobs that use questionnaires during the beginning of the process with a passion. All it takes is one tiny screw up and your application is dead in the water. What's more I feel these questionnaire applications are not only inaccurate but also often limiting or fencing off similar roles within that company for a minimum of six months. If you just approach most people in shops looking for a job, they'll just tell you to apply online no matter how professional or keen you appear to them.

finding a decent job these days seems a bit of a lottery to be fair and there are people out there who have without doubt been searching and searching for 2-3 years (maybe longer) and still not found anything. It just seems in the last few years, applications have become more computerised, cold, competitive and generally brutal. Unfortunately it'll probably only going to get worse for the foreseeable future. 

• 1 month later...

Enthusiasts who take this whole rollercoaster thing a little too seriously. This morning somebody on twitter went mad because of some disagreement about which is better, Expedition Ge Force or Shambhala. Argue their merits or what you don't like about the other but don't moan about the entire community because of it. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I absolutely hate it, when people chew with their mouths open. I know, that it's a common pet peeve, but I literally can't stand it. One thing I also absolutely hate, is when someone makes annoying and unnecessary noises with their mouths like clicking noises or beatboxing. Every time someones comes up close to me and starts cleaning their throat, coughing, make spitting noises etc., I politely tell them to stop it or go away, but the inside of me just wants to give them a huge punch right in the face xD

People who take advantage of diagnoses ("I can't do this, because I have ADHD", "I can't make this simple math test, because I have autism", "I need to shout in class and ruin the lesson for everyone else, because I have ADD ect.) also really pisses me off. Like, don't use your diagnoses as an excuse for not doing s**t. I don't know why, but it just really grinds my gears

Just come off my last night shift, bloke opposite decides this morning is the morning to chop up a months worth of firewood with his chainsaw.

I appreciate it is me who's the odd one sleeping during the day, but Bill, put your f##king chainsaw away and take the morning off would you?

• 3 weeks later...
6 hours ago, Mark9 said:

When you plan a trip somewhere and then the park announces a big ride for the next year. GRR

This happens to me All. The. Time.

Most recently, California last year featured Knotts (Hang Time opening this year), Sea World San Diego (Electric Eel opening this year) and Legoland California (Deep Sea Adventure opening this year) <_<

What have you planned?

3 hours ago, BenC said:

This happens to me All. The. Time.

Most recently, California last year featured Knotts (Hang Time opening this year), Sea World San Diego (Electric Eel opening this year) and Legoland California (Deep Sea Adventure opening this year) <_<

What have you planned?

Canada Wonderland is getting a Dive Machine next year. Also Colossos is re-opening in 2019 and Miribilandia is opening a Ducati themed area too. It happened throughout last year as well with rides opening weeks after visiting such as Pegase Express at Asterix, Star Trek at Movie Park Germany, Symbolica at Efteling and Volatrium at Europa Park. MUST. PLAN. TRIPS. BETTER.

3 hours ago, Benin said:

I did that for about 3 years straight (Pony Express, Blue Fire & Sky Rocket), always frustrating when it those parks miles away as well...

Such a first world problem, but still so annoying!

I also seemingly don't learn. Just booked a trip to Blackpool for the end of April, and odds are not on that Icon will be open by then...

• 3 weeks later...
20 hours ago, JoshuaA said:

When you get stuck on the motorway (was heading to Chessington) and you get stuck stationary for 5 hours..

I imagine it was because of this eight-vehicle collision, which included a 500 litre fuel spillage :o 

https://www.getsurrey.co.uk/news/surrey-news/m23-crash-closure-remain-place-14295986

Thankfully the M23 is back open now!

9 hours ago, Kerfuffle said:

Can I illustrate a rant in one picture? Because this sums up my life with a few people at the mo and it just baffles me how people can think this is fair... :(

16406806_1315129945192579_79299662310207

I’ve often felt like this in my younger years - giving all I could within friendships etc only to be treated like crud and people just walking away.   It used to upset me a lot but now I just think screw it.  People can be sh!t holes but don’t let that stop who you are as a person - don’t change for anyone

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...