Rant

Theme Park bloke

If by 'nothing to do with state of the climate' you mean it's nothing to do with the recession, then you couldn't be more wrong.It doesn't take a genious to work out that companies, especially ones like Waitrose who pride themselves on customer service, would rather have more people working to provide the exemplary service their customers have come to expect. However as Waitrose are providing a premium product and thus charging more, some of their consumer base will be moving to cheaper substitutes such as Sainsburys or Tesco. Therefore in order for Waitrose to remain a viable business they need to either increase their sales or cut their costs.They won't want to reduce the price of products to increase sales as this may tarnish their premium reputation in the long run, thus they need to look at cutting costs. One of the highest overheads in any organisation is employees, which is why in tough economic times you see large numbers of people being made redundant as firms try to balance the books.Redundancies is one option, Waitrose appear to be taking the other option and instead of laying off some employees and allowing others to stay and continue working extended hours, they have cut the hours of permitted work (in this case by capping overtime) which allows them to hopefully keep all the staff they have spent time and resources training.

• 2 weeks later...

I get really annoyed when people feel it's neccessary for more than once exclamation mark. The exclamation mark marks an exclamation hence it's prescence. By putting two, three, four or however many people put it really peeves me. Also, with the question mark, it marks a question - it's pointless putitng more than one. And what's even more annoying is the fact that an English teacher - who seriously is terrible, constantly uses more than one exclamation marks on everything she does. What's more, is the fact that she preaches creationism within lessons. :rolleyes: I've not had a good day.

5 things I hate:1) I hate narcissists (people who love themselves)/self-obessed AND arrogant people. 2) I hate girls who wear so much make-up - a lil' is fine3) I hate people who are snoobish/stuck-up4) I hate guy who boost about everything - a lil' is fine:When they say that they can get any girl they want and x can't. And that girls are *Derogative Comment*. Two letters begins with a H or when they girls are easy.5) I hate it in general when people are fake and e.g. they pretend they are your friend and they're not because they be B*n about you behind your back. Only happened to me a few times - because I get told everything inc gossip about others but a lot to my friends.*) I hate in general when people who use racism or bully people to make themselves look good - I saw this on some documentary on Channel 4 - quite anger-generating watching parents talk about their sons/daughters who committed suicide.

• 1 month later...

Ive moved to this topic....... ooh fun.. I just really wanna scream at a particular someone.. and he knows who he is.. because hes an f'ing retard, accusing someone I know (and love) of lying to me and expecting me to believe the accusations when hes the biggest liar ever himself... tell me... would you believe a liar?

Ive moved to this topic....... ooh fun.. I just really wanna scream at a particular someone.. and he knows who he is.. because hes an f'ing retard, accusing someone I know (and love) of lying to me and expecting me to believe the accusations when hes the biggest liar ever himself... tell me... would you believe a liar?

haha! You prove my point so well.If you beleived Ryan totally you would've just let this go and ignored me, but no! :) You have to say everywhere to everyone "waaahhhh!!! Wailll!! Moann!!!" Because you are an arrogant little attention seeker! (Y)You need to complain about something because that's all that's in your hollow personality!Ohh I do love a cruel irony! :(

Our computer user profiles get blocked if we download anything like Firefox, Safari, Google Earth, Sibelius (music scripting programme for those who don't know) etc. It's a load of b******s if you ask me becuase it restricts what we can do on each computer. So we have to go to the Music Room for Sibelius, because those are the only computers with it already downloaded, we have to go to the library for Google Earth (for the same reason as the Music Room computers), and as for predicaments with Safari and Firefox; all the computers are stuck with I.E.! :)

Happy? .... I was riled up by him and I apologise for annoying you...But being convinced your right about something when you arent is the biggest act of ignorance ive ever known and I felt he needed to know that.. but I cant be bothered with it any more..I swear we used to be able to request an account deletion from here... so whats happened since?