Rant

Theme Park bloke

I can not be the only one on what I am about to say here...Brace Yourselves! :PI am so f***ing fed up with people that end up starting new topics which either have a one word answer, can be posted in an already existing topic, or the one that annoys me the most is when topics are created that already exist!Another thing that annoys me is the punctuation of a few members on the Mania Hub forums. e.g. Loads of the same type of punctuation. e.g. Exclamation Marks.Also, another thing that annoys me is people that start topics and do not use capital letters! It makes the forum look a tacky place to communicate.e.g. A current topic now is 'effects'. Why not 'Effects'. To lazy to push the shift key for a capital E?In addition, Some topics such as '2008 opening times'. Do these really need to be active still seeing as we are half way through 2009?Another thing is constantly being asked... "What are the queuing times going to be like on this day?""What are the gate figures for this day?"I am not a f***ing mind reader! Just P**s off from the forum if you are going to keep on asking the same question over and over again!However, Anyone who asks for queue times of the same day after the park has closed. (e.g. What was the queue like for anyone who visited Chessington & Zoo today for Vampire, Dragon's Fury, Dragon Falls, Rattlesnake, Runaway Train, Bubbleworks, Safari Skyway, Seastorm, Tomb Blaster and Rameses Revenge please?)That I can handle as it is not asking me to be a mind reader; So if you are someone who asks for the queue times and / or gate figures of a particular day such as the same day or to people that remember from a few days ago. That is fine! :PMy Rant is over!

Same, alhough some people do know predicted gate figures (people that work at Thorpe), also the Effects topic there is already a topic "that says which is your favorite effect" isn't that kind of the same thing?

Yes that is the same thing!I have tried writing...e.g. On Opening Times 2008. Note Admin and / or Moderator. And explain why is this topic still going but unfortunately it is still going.Gate Figures - Yes, you can predict gate figures I suppose but I was applying it to people who say, for example, next month. Weather conditions and ride availability can affect gate figures. Are staff members going to know these things for next month? No. So they can not all the time give predicted gate figures.Cheers Paul and TimR for your support!Any other people?! :P

You know what annoys me? People who feel the need to type THORPE PARK and Chessington & Zoo. Just a thought.

Yeah, I don't understand why THORPE PARK needs to be written in capitals? I know that's how Thorpe Park advertise the park name, but does it really need to be typed as such every single time?

Small rant with other elements mixed in...The admins and mods are busy for what seems like 5 minutes and now the whole forum seems to be crumbling away! I am honestly gob smacked! Can I just say - the admins and mods know what they are doing, do people have to tell them how to do their jobs!? Next, do people have to be rude / super-critical to newbies!? It is just rude, constructive criticism is helpful and remember - you don't really know who you are talking to, it could upset a person if you have had a go at!I now really feel sorry for the admins / mods. I now appreciate what they do so much. Remember, what they do is all in their own free time, so can't people just have a little more respect for other members and most importantly the admins and mods so that this forum doesn't go into self-destruct!?! Please...

Small rant with other elements mixed in...The admins and mods are busy for what seems like 5 minutes and now the whole forum seems to be crumbling away! I am honestly gob smacked! Can I just say - the admins and mods know what they are doing, do people have to tell them how to do their jobs!? Next, do people have to be rude / super-critical to newbies!? It is just rude, constructive criticism is helpful and remember - you don't really know who you are talking to, it could upset a person if you have had a go at!I now really feel sorry for the admins / mods. I now appreciate what they do so much. Remember, what they do is all in their own free time, so can't people just have a little more respect for other members and most importantly the admins and mods so that this forum doesn't go into self-destruct!?! Please...

I agree with that.

Why must people be so rude? We were in the bathrooms at school the other day and these 12 year old slags walked past and went 'Oh my God get out the waaaaaaaay. F*cks sake.'So I said 'A simple excuse me would of been suffice, you're what, twelve years old?' And I got the dirtiest look x]]

Why must people be so rude? We were in the bathrooms at school the other day and these 12 year old slags walked past and went 'Oh my God get out the waaaaaaaay. F*cks sake.'So I said 'A simple excuse me would of been suffice, you're what, twelve years old?' And I got the dirtiest look x]]

Gosh!! I hate girls like that, I just want to punch them straight in the face haha

Funny that.When in Year 11 - I had a Year 7 walking backwards in the corridor. And he said to me as trying to act all hard to his Year 7 friends..."What you doing mate... You better watch it".And I said "Why don't you f***ing look were you are going you little midget". (Baring in mind I am the softest boy going usually!)He's Year 7 friends were laughing at him and he was all shy.Served him right!

• 2 weeks later...

I have a crappy cold. In the middle of Summer.Its an effing disgrace, if I'm not sneezing because of pollen, it's because of the cold. And I sound like a man.I know my friend passed it on to me through sniffing her cloth with Olbas oil on it. FML.

• 2 weeks later...

OK, I haven't ranted for a while, so here we go.Parking - people cannot park to save their lives today. They don't think where they park. I hate parked cars on the side of a road where one parks one side and another parks on the other, right opposite, leaving a stupidly tight gap for cars to squeeze through. Also, the ones who think about staggering their parking don't do it to well, as they leave not enough room, even when there's miles of road space around. A lot of people also park on corners, others park butt right up to double yellow line T-bars.I see these cars sometimes, and I think "What gives you the right?" - perhaps it might make sense to make every single road in the country with a single yellow line. People who have a driveway also take liberties, as they don't make full use of it, and park on the road outside, also causing an obstruction. Where people come and park in a side road on a daily basis and go to the train station, I make a note of their car details and registration numbers, and then analyse the data, seperating the "park-and-go's" from the people who live in the side road.See this?Posted ImageIt's a parking meter in a car park, use it!

What is annoying me is drivers:We were passing roundabout in Wimbledon and another driver raced over the roundabout and nearly went into us. Another time, this lady raced passed this zebra-crossing when this old lady who was crossing the road. She fell backwards as she was shocked and the lady drove past but stopped to see if she was OK. People can't drive these days.It's stupid these drivers, standards should be made stricter. My friend Will drives and he told me he's scared when he drives and another two friends race each other - they're both very good drivers but they race.Back to parking:Our area / neighbourhood is on a big slop and drivers who want to go to Wimbledon Common or Wimbledon Village have to drive up this massive hill. We live 15 minutes (by walking) / 3 roads from town (Raynes Park) and we live 2 roads / 5 minutes (by walking) from the nearest bus stop.You follow so far? Our road is a cul-de-sac and is therefore very quiet and the road that is in-between the main road (where the bus stop is) and our cul-de-sac road (where our house is on) is, is really quiet. The point being, cars hardly come-by (4-5 cars per minute) and therefore is quite safe. However, on the edge of our road branching onto that middle road, our road curves and cars choose to park on this corner. The hazard is that since our road is on a slope, our drivers who reverse downwards cannot see other drivers who drive on this connecting road and in the past crashes have occured.Another problem, is this is made worse as since our area is private and very quiet, drivers passing-by race down the road and you can see what happens next. But yet...people still choose to park here.Another thing, which annoys us is that people who live on that middle road, park on our road and their road is very long and they have tons of space. The problem with our cul-de-sac road is that it's narrow at the top and makes it hard to park or reverse, so our people park downwards, where we live (we live towards the bottom of the road). We cannot have cars that park on both sides of our narrow road, otherwise it will be hard to drive and bumps and dents and scratches and ruined paint jobs will happen.This just frustrates me and it'll probably frustrate / confuse you when you read this.

Our area / neighbourhood is on a big slop and drivers who want to go to Wimbledon Common or Wimbledon Village have to drive up this massive hill. We live 15 minutes (by walking) / 3 roads from town (Raynes Park) and we live 2 roads / 5 minutes (by walking) from the nearest bus stop.

Big hill?Light slope mate, me and James did that hill well faster.