Rant

Theme Park bloke

Josh:If a friend who ignores you, wants to copy your work, tell them no! You should tell them no because they only talk to you, when they want to copy your work and they're not a good friend, because they use you. And if people always use you and get their own way, you'll be a push-over.You need to stand up for yourself and tell it like it is. You'll feel better knowing that stood up for yourself, you'll feel more confident and they will see how wrong they were. They might be a little annoyed / angry / pissed but..they will know what they did was wrong. They might not say anything but they will know.

Cheers for the advice, hopefully when someone tries to use me again, I'll have to the confidence to stand up for myself. :P

Not matter what always do what you want to do not someone else. Say no if you feel you don't want to do it. If your mate doesn't like you saying no then they obvioudly weren't a friend. I wish I could say that college or sixth form gets better but it really doesn't. Find out who your real friends are now, don't be 18 and trying to figure it out when you need them the most. Its better to have a few friends who are real friends that a hundred that are all backstabbing losers. Peace x

Gemma did state that the guy-friend told her friend that Gemma wasn't invited because he had already invited too many people. He invited her (Gemma), then told the friend that Gemma wasn't invited.That's inviting someone, then uninviting that person later.

No, read this again:"My 'friend' is having a get together tomorrow which he organized weeks ago where basically we'd spend the whole day watching the lord of the ring films. He asked me if I could make it and I said yeah I should be able to. Fast forward to this week and he's asked people who don't even hang out with us whether they want to come but hasn't said another word to me. I text my best mate to see if she was going and she said Gemma if I'm invited, you're invited and I'm like yeah, but I get the feeling he doesn't want me around?"

True, no where does it say the friend told her she wern't invited, but it sort of falls into inviting then univiting. When people don't mention it ever again after asking once, it can make you feel really sick inside as if they don't want you around. You could text him and ask if your invited, but I never tried that when a similar situation happened to me as I was worried my mate would think I was inviting myself.

EDIT: Ahhh the cheeky bastard told my friend I wasn't invited because he'd invited too many people already. Well, maybe if you'd stuck to the people like me and another friend you've ditched you wouldn't be in that situation.

She was invited, then the cheecky bastard told Gemma's friend, that Gemma wasn't invited because he'd invited too many people. He invited the friend and Gemma but then ditched them for friends that he don't even know.

One of Mum's best friends died Today. She was diagonosed with Stomach Cancer in June and she passed away Today. I knew her since I was about 3-4 years old and she was a really nice person. She had a very-good life, had many successes including two married daughters, a married Son and another son, 10-yrs old (too young to understand).IMO she was much-loved, will be dreadfully missed and never forgotten. She no longer suffers.R.I.P Aunt RiffetIt will be hard for my Mum because she was one of her best friends. It's also strange since her adopted sister and brother also died of Cancer. My Dad stopped smoking on New Year's Day. Another cancer death avoided?New Year, new lease on life?I personally am a little sad but then again didn't know her as well as my Mum did, nor saw her often. I know she's O.KKids..don't smoke - you're just killing yourselves slowly

School photos next week. I might just never leave my house again.Also I have two retakes on the day I'm going to see Mika in concert and then a freaking Physics retake the next day. My luck could get no worse.

Yeah you have a good education and you're going to a concert, really unlucky....

Will, I am very sorry to here about that. :P

Yeah you have a good education and you're going to a concert, really unlucky....

For goodness sake, it is stress! She's in Year 11, finishing off here GCSEs. Firstly, loads of people hate having their photos taken - especially school photos. Loads of people feel 'unlucky' when it comes round. Then, when she gets a concert booked - which is something designed to relax and have fun - it is sandwiched by 3 flipping exams... that are retakes and most likely last chance!! That is what I would class as 'bad luck'. Sure, it may seem petty compared to other things - just look at WIll's example - but it doesn't mean you have to have a go at her. Jeez... ¬¬

Will, I am very sorry to here about that. :)For goodness sake, it is stress! She's in Year 11, finishing off here GCSEs. Firstly, loads of people hate having their photos taken - especially school photos. Loads of people feel 'unlucky' when it comes round. Then, when she gets a concert booked - which is something designed to relax and have fun - it is sandwiched by 3 flipping exams... that are retakes and most likely last chance!! That is what I would class as 'bad luck'. Sure, it may seem petty compared to other things - just look at WIll's example - but it doesn't mean you have to have a go at her. Jeez... ¬¬

Yes I was really having a go at her wasn't I, ****.

Was there any need for that sarcasm? You make it seem like perhaps I'm ungrateful for my education? I'm actually really not =] I'm just saying how it's a bit bumming I've got two exams during the day but I'm going out in the evening.

Will, I am very sorry to here about that. :PFor goodness sake, it is stress! She's in Year 11, finishing off here GCSEs. Firstly, loads of people hate having their photos taken - especially school photos. Loads of people feel 'unlucky' when it comes round. Then, when she gets a concert booked - which is something designed to relax and have fun - it is sandwiched by 3 flipping exams... that are retakes and most likely last chance!! That is what I would class as 'bad luck'. Sure, it may seem petty compared to other things - just look at WIll's example - but it doesn't mean you have to have a go at her. Jeez... ¬¬

Nobody was having a go at anybody, he just pointed out that it's hardly bad luck being given a second chance in your GCSE's then going to a concert, lots of people were refused second chances when I took my gcse's, fortunately, I wasn't one of them :P

Nobody was having a go at anybody, he just pointed out that it's hardly bad luck being given a second chance in your GCSE's then going to a concert, lots of people were refused second chances when I took my gcse's, fortunately, I wasn't one of them :P

Exactly my point, thank you.

I couldn't cope with GCSEs, I had below-par teaching, had work pilled on. was in the worst classes, was getting badly bullied and just made it. There were many students who were in depression and some committed suicide.If someone is stressed, this can lead to depression and even having nervous breakdowns. When someone is stressed, they need to be able to relax, otherwise they will get worse. Those years are some of the hardest years in a teenager's life.So Gemma, it is unlucky that you are feel stressed and feeling the pressure. I hope you can use this Mika concert to cool down, become happier and get back to your normal self. I wish you the best in your GCSEs and just know that if you do A* Levels, there will be more work and harder but...there will be less subjects and more freedom.Keep your chin up Gem!

One of Mum's best friends died Today. She was diagonosed with Stomach Cancer in June and she passed away Today. I knew her since I was about 3-4 years old and she was a really nice person. She had a very-good life, had many successes including two married daughters, a married Son and another son, 10-yrs old (too young to understand).IMO she was much-loved, will be dreadfully missed and never forgotten. She no longer suffers.R.I.P Aunt RiffetIt will be hard for my Mum because she was one of her best friends. It's also strange since her adopted sister and brother also died of Cancer. My Dad stopped smoking on New Year's Day. Another cancer death avoided?New Year, new lease on life?I personally am a little sad but then again didn't know her as well as my Mum did, nor saw her often. I know she's O.KKids..don't smoke - you're just killing yourselves slowly

I'm so sorry to hear about this, I know how you feel because my Mum's best friend died of cancer a few years ago and left behind a young child and her husband. It really wakes you up though and kinda jolts you into living because you never know when your time is up.RIP