Rant

Theme Park bloke

I'm gradually noticing more and more people are going against me now, it really is quite upsetting seeing as I used to classify these people as my friends.I've just had too many instances in the past were I have reported bullying to my school and nothing was done about it at all. So obviously the next step up is the police, thing is, I am far too scared to go to the police about this. I'm just stuck in one of those horrible situations

My heart goes out to you sweetie, it really does =( some people are utter arsewipes and should totally not be bothered with. You are quite obviously 200% better than these people will ever be and you are the much better person. You're actually going to amount to something in life when they'll be stuck behind the counter in Maccie D's going 'Do you want fries with that?'. I know it must be really hard for you at the moment but just keep your chin up chicken and ignore their vile and juvenile comments. I also agree about going to the police about death threats, it's just makes me feel sick people can say that stuff. I wish you the best of luck (:

Pretty much repeating what everyone else has said.There are some people out there who are really not worth your time. This happened to one of my friends as well and he got very upset over it. However it was less serious but when he moved on to secondry school he was able to start again and make some friends who actually care about him and are nice people.It really is shocking about how the school seems to be ignoring the issue but this may be because they don't know the full extent of the bullying. From your initial post I interpret that two different teachers saw two isolated incidents. I think you need to inform them of how serious the situation is.

Time for my rant...Pathetic people who rant at you continuously for now reason whatsoever. I'll set the scene for you. My uncle is engaged. After a series of events, his fiancée moved close to where I live and he moved in. His fiancée has an adopted daughter who now goes to my school. Out the the kindness of my heart, I regarded her as my cousin - so it seemed as if she new someone. I didn't have to, but I still did. After a while, she just started using that as an excuse to everyone, which annoyed me. Now, I'm being blunt and just stating she is a family acquaintance - which I've always seen as the truth. Yet she still feels the need to talk to me at school. I'll be there, talking to friends or even teachers (once it was even the headteacher) and she'll come up to me and start having a conversation. Then, when I say I'm taking to someone, she goes off on one! It is just plain annoying. Now, my uncle and I aren't the best of friends and don't see eye to eye. Granted, we can speak to each other and that, but there have been a few arguments between us that have split the family in 2 sides. But anyway, she's now trying to take advantage of that and try and provoke me into saying something she can use against me, and go cry to my uncle to start another argument. So basically, it's just a mini rant from an aggravating little girl.

I feel that this forum persecutes people for something that happens to everyone at one point statistically. Its stupid and petty tbh. I reckon its not even because of that just who they are friends with and aren't friends with. Its pissed me off extremely because it cannot be helped so sort it out seriously. Were meant to be adults.

Grr basically for my birthday next weekend I had been organising a big Thorpe trip with about 10/15 of my close friends, and had been talking about it for a long time. Today I asked around like "Everyone ready for Thorpe?" and now, 5 days before we go, people are dropping out, saying how they are busy or just can't be bothered to go. What's annoying is that I go to their birthday stuff and just because you'll have to pay to get there they are suddenly not interested. Fingers crossed I can get some people to come..Okay I'm done. Help?

Grr basically for my birthday next weekend I had been organising a big Thorpe trip with about 10/15 of my close friends, and had been talking about it for a long time. Today I asked around like "Everyone ready for Thorpe?" and now, 5 days before we go, people are dropping out, saying how they are busy or just can't be bothered to go. What's annoying is that I go to their birthday stuff and just because you'll have to pay to get there they are suddenly not interested. Fingers crossed I can get some people to come..Okay I'm done. Help?

That really does suck, one of my friends had a party at the cinema and nobody turned up, some people need some manners!Anyway in your case maybe you could offer some BOGOF vouchers if money is an issue for them, or maybe book online so everyone pays less each?Sorry I can't help more, hope it all comes back together and you have a great time.

Indeed it is. :) Sorry to go away from Alice's rant, but I have yet another one of my own..And, unsurprisingly, it is about my French teacher... again!!So, on Friday our class had a mock exam for a Module 4 speaking - the real exam is this Thursday. As I said to a couple of people from here over MSN, I completely stuffed it up. I was to be asked 32 questions and perform a role play. After about 4 questions and stringing together a couple of words, I completely blanked out. I said I couldn't do and just went out. After getting back into the class, I just broke down. If I couldn't do it now, how could I do it in 6 days time? Right, things start to get confusing now. There were two teachers who were with the class on Friday. One is our usual teacher (for the sake of all of this, I'm just going to call her teacher A), who was doing the mock exam with us individually. The other is another French teacher who helped us with any questions we had and made sure we were revising (She'll be teacher B for this), etc. She sometimes helps our class out when she doesn't have marking to do. So, when I got back from the mock, this over teacher was trying to calm me down - I was crying and shaking. After a couple of minutes, Teacher A comes in. She has a go at everyone who has done the mock, saying it is obvious no one has prepared. I had, but that obviously makes no difference to her - it must be so much easier for her to generalise. Anyway, she takes Teacher B out for a word. Afterwards, it is obvious they talked about me. I was told to take my things and go to the plaza to get a drink. I wasn't told to return or anything like that. I then go but don't take my blazer or bag or anything and my teacher then tells to take my things and go. So, I do that and - feeling like I was sent away - I didn't return to the lesson. Nether of the teachers came to check on me any point through the day if I was okay. Afterwards, even though I wasn't in the mood to speak or see anyone, I found out from friends that the 2 teachers had gone outside, into an IT class (that was full of Yr11s). They had this argument - and my friend said it went like: Teacher B: "He needs to see a doctor about his nerves!" Teacher A: "No, he just needs the loo." And this repeated for a bit. Then, after I've gone and all of that, one of my friends asked Teacher B: "Why was there a need to segregate Josh?" To which the reply was "I don't know - it is really stupid.." My mum tried phoning up the school to talk to Teacher A, but she'd already left 20 minutes after school had finished, which led to today...Well, apparently, there was a French revision session today. Well, Teacher A classed it as a revision session - but everyone in my class felt it was just for people who hadn't done the mock (the class had ran out of time last time). I only had found out about this today. And because it was only for people who hadn't done their mock, I decided not to go and work on an IT project after school.Now, my mum phones the school and asks to speak to Teacher A. Bit of a random point, but my mum works nights, so she got up 3 hours early to speak to her. My mum phones, and is put on hold. When Teacher A is told she has a phone call form my mum, she goes looking for me.. French and IT are right next to each other, so she finds me near enough straight away. She asks what my mum wants to speak about. I say it is just stuff in general - such as the upcoming exam on Thursday and the other exams in June. When she asks why I was not at the revision session, I replied 'I only found out about it today and was told it was only for people who hadn't done the Mock.' She replied hastily: 'Why did you only find out about it today?' I stated how I was 'Taken out of the lesson'. As you can tell from above, she clearly told me to leave the lesson and said nothing of returning, as opposed to the 'I told you to calm down and come back' she said. I'm not being biased or anything here, but this is how events turned out. After much debating of this 'misunderstanding' (though I don't see it as that - I see it as having a miscommunication with me, but I will be as nice as I can), she asked if that was what my mum wanted to ask her. When I said no - as she wanted to ask about the exams and revision stuff - she exploded before I say any more and said 'OH, THERE'S MORE!?!' and then said I should just make a meeting with the headteacher about it. She then rants on a bit more and storms off. I haven't had a chance to tell her what my mum was going to say. And she flips out over a misunderstanding due to her miscommunicating with me. Ironically, she has told our class not to go over head when it comes to issues like this (we had done in the past to get things done quicker) and she is now telling me to go over her head. All of this was in front of my IT teacher and about 3 other students as well!She acted extremely unprofessional - why should she rant at me for her mistakes!? She never sees herself in the wrong and she acts extremely childish at times. I'm a polite, kind person - but this is the first time I have ever had to bite my tongue to not say something rude to someone. She annoyed me so much. After she stormed off, I just sat there, shaking, then just walked off. I didn't know what to flipping well do. I rung my mum and told her of the situation - after which she got in contact with the Deputy Head. I then had a talk with another teacher - probably the best darn teacher there ever is if I'm honest - as she had been told by the IT teacher what had gone on. She agrees with me that she is very childish and at times pathetic. The thing is, there seems to be nothing that can be done as she is (somehow) getting good grades for lower years. I have honestly lost all respect for this teacher now. I don't know what else to say really. This teacher is just unbelievably unprofessional and is just extremely rude. I am sick to death with her - especially after other incidents that I've mentioned. Join this along with the stresses of the French exam on Thursday and other GCSEs coming up, along with my nan (who I'm quite close to) being unwell, it is just too much! :P:angry: Well done if you read that rant. I will apologise now to anyone who I may be rude to in the next few days - I sometimes take my anger out at the wrong time in the wrong place.

Thanks both Daniels. And don't worry Josh, I can see why you wouldn't want to type that twice! I did read it all :angry:Ah seriously I feel for you, it sounds terrible and this is certainly not what you need right now. If it makes you feel any better, I did a Chemistry test today and got 6/21, an E and I'm predicted an A by 2011 D:I think the best you can do is try (I know it sounds impossible) to forget about it just for tonight, have an early night and you'll feel so much better in the morning!Good luck my friend :angry:

I think the best you can do is try (I know it sounds impossible) to forget about it just for tonight, have an early night and you'll feel so much better in the morning!Good luck my friend :angry:

Couldn't agree more with this, a good nights sleep really can completely change your perspective on something.Anyway I wouldn't worry too much about the teacher, from what you've written on here and what you've said to me it sounds like you a very good student at your school. Therefore I think this will have a (good!) bearing on the outcome of this incident. Especaially after her outburst in the IT room, it shows she may lose her cool in certain situations, something you managed not to!Just keep your head up, I'm sure it will turn out ok, good luck with your exams!

Totally feel for ya Josh. I tell you though - you're doing things exactly right. I've had similar experiences with, ironically, a french teacher as well. The thing to do when you have serious issues with a teacher is just to remember the correct route to take. If you flip out or anything they won't take you seriously - in our case my form just asked to speak to our forum tutor, registered our problems in a mature and sensible fashion, and then they will listen to you. They have to.Keep calm and it'll be ok. Good luck :angry:

Thanks for that guys. :angry: As I said, it is very frustrating and the last thing I need is the teacher having a go at me in the subject I'm worst at.. Will take your advice, and go off to bed soon... *Looks at bed with tons of revision spewed over it and wants to scream*

Totally feel for ya Josh. I tell you though - you're doing things exactly right. I've had similar experiences with, ironically, a french teacher as well. The thing to do when you have serious issues with a teacher is just to remember the correct route to take. If you flip out or anything they won't take you seriously - in our case my form just asked to speak to our forum tutor, registered our problems in a mature and sensible fashion, and then they will listen to you. They have to.Keep calm and it'll be ok. Good luck :angry:

Garro by any chance?Also just try to think positively Josh. You may have tons of revision to do but in the grand scheme of things 1 -2 months (or however long you've been revising for) isn't very much. Just work extremely hard for the next few weeks and you'll be setting yourself up for the rest of your life.

:angry: :)The exam is on work/ my work experience/ what I'd like to do in the future. If you/anyone could help would really appreciate understand if it's more effort than you can be bothered to :PBasically I have to write a passage, be able to memorize it and recreate it under test conditions :)

Aha - I did a similar topic fairly recently!From the top of my head, I'd go something like...Where you went and did - Para mi [work experience], fue a... [where you went]What you did and didn't like about it - Me gusta porque... No me gusta porque...What you want to do - Quiero trabajar a / quiero trabajar por... [where you want to work] porque la trabaja es... I'll have a fish around at school tomorrow and report back tomorrow evening :angry:

Scary rant:I had my consultation at the Kingston Dentist Ward. I might need to have three operations. The 2nd / main operation is to re-align my teeth so they will be straighter, in-place and to reduce crowding.The first operation is to remove 4 wisdom teeth; from top left and right-corners and 1 from bottom left and right-corners of mouth. They are doing this operation so when they carry out the main / 2nd operation, they will have more space to work with. The third op, is to fix my top-middle crooked teeth but they said I could have invisible braces instead, which would be done privately (not NHS) and would last 12-18 months. If they didn't remove the wisdom teeth, there is a huge chance, that later on the wisdom teeth will start to come through and push my other bottom teeth causing a lot of pain. Since my bottom left and right (1 each) wisdom teeth are beneath the gum and can't be seen, they will have to make an incision (cut) to remove the teeth. There would be stitches and they would disappear within 1-2 weeks.Risks:The wisdom teeth are near my bottom nerves and the teeth, will either be really behind or in-front which is OK, as there is a lot of space. But...the nerve might be next to it. And when they make the cut / incision, it is possible that the nerve will become swollen / stretched and could cause 2 problems.1) Taste buds might be affected (low risk)2) A feeling of pins and needlesThe 'pins & needles' feeling can be temporary lasting up-to 6 months but there is a 1-in-200 chance. The chance of it being permanant is 1-in-400 and it is 'apparently' very easy to live with.3) Along the top of my teeth, there is our synases. It's a gap of air that is associated with sneezing. Since they would be making a cut, there is the chance that when I drink water, it might trickle through, or when I sneeze, I might feel air coming through into my mouth. There is a very small chance of this happening, and if it did, they would block/ fill-in that gap. They suggested I undergo a general anaesthetic which I am all for. There's no way in hell, I want a needle going into my gums, which the doctor said is 'unpleasant' which is code for effin' hurts. After the op, I would feel numbness and after that wears off, I would be given meds to deal with the pain. I'm just very worried and nervous about having this done.

• 2 weeks later...

Urgh be prepared for a whiny, girly rant. I pretty much have found zero prom dresses that I like or will actually fit me without making me look fat. Because of this I'm feeling at an all time low about the way I look and I feel small fat and chubby.My friend took some photos at her birthday meal we went to and I was looking at them on Facebook and I'm suprised at how hideous I looked. That was fuelled on further today when my friend in Year 13 offered me her gorgeous Year 11 prom dress and I was thinking yeah, here's a dress I'll actually love and she'll give it to me for £75 but no, she has to be a lovely size 8 so my saggy size 12 won't fit into it and the way my Mum said it to me actually really hurt my feelings. I've actually considered asking the school for a full refund of my prom money and just not going because I feel so crap.