Rant

Theme Park bloke

ugh, what annoys me is when some black people use "you're being racist" as an excuse for everything. For example TheVoicesMan was doing a contest on youtube to win a HD Video Camera and this guy entered a day late (he would've won it if he wasn't a day late) and the black guys reason for not winning was "TheVoicesMan saw that a black man was winning and deleted the video"... uhhh no. he deleted the video because the competition had ended.for full details on that go to: for the black guys POVand for the true story.so yeah, my rant is just anything that isn't racism being called racism.

I hate it when people assume just because someone of the opposite sex comments on a few of your statuses and posts on Facebook then you must fancy them, because teenagers can't be friends without wanting to do each other. :|

This.The amount of times when friends and teachers assumed I was going out with a girl when we were friends was silly.Slightly ironic, we barely speak to each other now after a boy/girlfriend type argument... :)

Gah I've had these stupid stretch marks on my back for about 4 years now. I've never got them checked out by a doctor, just because loads of my friends at school had the same thing and told me it's just a normal part of growing. Thinking back to when I got them, I did have a huge growth spurt around then and was doing a lot of sit-ups when they first appeared so that makes sense. But what's annoying me is that they're still there! They have faded a lot since I first got them, but they still make me really self conscious about going to the beach / swimming etc. I've got a doctor's appointment next week for something else but while I'm there I may as well ask if they have anything that can reduce the appearance of them because I'm just getting sick of how much they're ruining my confidence! Has anyone else had the same problem and has any treatments that have worked?

This.The amount of times when friends and teachers assumed I was going out with a girl when we were friends was silly.Slightly ironic, we barely speak to each other now after a boy/girlfriend type argument... :)

It's so annoying isn't it! The friend who brought it up realised how annoyed I was with her and she went 'Oh I meant he probably fancies you, not you fancying him.' But that's not the point, I've been made to feel before I can't even talk to my guy friends without fancying them before. I think she's slightly jealous because at school and outside she barely has any male friends and throughout high school I've hung out with mainly my male friends and there's been about 5 girls in the group to about 12 boys.

• 2 weeks later...

Wow, I've just had my provisional license rejected in our local off license. What a wind up, and there were other people in there, probably thinking I'm some underage chav. But I make it worse for myself by acting nervously, which I only do because I'm anxious about people's stupid, rude reactions :P My brother saw a man who was in his early to mid 20s but looked about 30 have problems in the same shop served by the same man. He's obviously had a lot of problems before and just wants to be on the safe side, which is fair enough, but not for us genuine over 18s! Talk about patronising...And when I was waiting to be served, some big moody-faced woman came in and barged past me, saying "scuse me" all fed up when I'd already moved forward. Maybe if her arse wasn't so big and she learnt some manners...But after all that my mum went in and got my drink for me :P and the guy apologised lol.

Friggin teacher training stuff, they go on about PGDE's and TT..somethings and stuff its like the actual teacher training site doesn't go above secondary, do they really think I could handle teaching a bunch of mouthy people who are exactly like me! There is a perfect couse I can do and I'm going to do it but I wouldn't be a qualified teacher I would still have alot to do to get QTS! Translations: PGDE: Professional Graduate Diploma in EducationTT..something: Teacher train course type thingQTS: Qualified Teacher Status or something like that All I wanna do is teacher at a college I'm being smart though and doing a combined degree so if teachings not for me I still have a combined degree in Education Studies and English so were cool (Y)Oh and I only have a YEAR to sort this out. I left it waaaaay too late.

[bad mood] Some people on TPM nowadays really piss me off!! I would've had a go but I didn't. People seem to think they're all high and mighty because they sit behind a keyboard and say stuff they wouldn't DARE to in person. I've had enough!! F*cking grow up, we all have to put up with your sh!t, stop trying to cause arguements because you think you're right all the time.[/bad mood]

There's a reason I don't go on TPM or to meet-ups much. People know I've 'problems' and they give me so much stick. I know I can be annoying but I try to help myself and I have been getting better. What aggravates me, is that people act like they're not annoying. So 'they're' going to sit there and tell me that they're perfect and are in no way annoying and I'm the only person in the world that is.I've put up with so much crap from people on these forums and I tolerate it, but no-one can put up with any of the minor things I've done. I've been there for people in their darkest times of needs and when I need someone, I'm all alone. And there people are sitting on their ****ing high-horse acting like they're god's gift and they have the audacity to ignore me. People think that because I'm Autistic and have ADHD, they should avoid me and not be friends with me at all and declare that we have nothing in common, when they haven't even taken the chance to get to know me.I've found out along the way that they aren't actually god's gift and I then realise what a flipping hypocrite they have been and how they have double-standards. They are only tolerant to the way their mate acts because they're mates with them and they want to be on their good side. They say how I'm sooooo annoying but then I realise all of the bad things so and so have said / have done. However, worse have happened than anything I've done and if they weren't so popular, they'd be given unbelievable levels of stick, they would have been made to feel like crap and would have been treated like an outsider. If I've learnt one thing, I'm not a bad person but far from it. I'm nice, sincere and am there for my mates when they are in need because that's what friends are for. Yes, I can be annoying but think about one thing... If I didn't have Autism and ADHD, would I really be 'that' annoying? No of course not. I think people like that aren't worth the time and are immature, discriminating, intolerant and don't realise what is important in life.It's not like my life is a walk in the park. I may not be blind, or a quadraplegic or have cancer but mental health is often under-estimated or misunderstood; something Michaela touched upon. I've got enough health problems and enough self-esteem and confidence problems; I don't need anymore and I'm trying my best..what more can I do??I just hope that they realise the mistake they've made by making me feel like **** and avoiding me like the plague. I hope life goes up; I could do with some luck.

As stupid as this may sound, why don't you both bring it up with a mod / admin?If their being a nuisance to the forum, surely some form of 'official' mention to an admin saying of your anger can only be a good thing. They'd either be able to sort it out or know what is wrong with the member. And what you're saying about Will is bordering on bullying in my eyes. By bringing up your concerns, it'll surely make things better? ;)

As stupid as this may sound, why don't you both bring it up with a mod / admin?If their being a nuisance to the forum, surely some form of 'official' mention to an admin saying of your anger can only be a good thing. They'd either be able to sort it out or know what is wrong with the member. And what you're saying about Will is bordering on bullying in my eyes. By bringing up your concerns, it'll surely make things better? ;)

Seconded, if anyone's causing you problems on the forums you can talk to me or any member of the team =]

*sigh*Perhaps I'm leaning towards hypocrisy here, but I'm more ranting in general, so yeah. People seem jump the gun when grabbing a stick; be it the right or wrong end. Yeah sure, I'm the not most confident of people in real life, and anyone on here who has met me - and I mean properly meet me, and spent a few hours with me - will know that I'm not the most talkative of people. This usually gets better over time and then you wish I'd just shut up with the constant babble of redundant information. But anyways, I am a relatively shy guy. Why? Because when I opened up, it was used against me, and caused nearly 10 years of misery. I'm too afraid of getting hurt again. Sure, now, I appear to have grown in confidence - but deep inside, I'm still that little 7 year old boy who hid his bruises, cried himself to sleep, etc. etc. Actually, ignore all of that. Sentimental sob stories aren't my thing. But whatever I say in real life is what I'd say in the virtual world, and vice versa. I'm NEVER afraid to voice my own opinion now; whether it makes me hugely unpopular, hated or what. Don't like it? Well, tell me. Of course I don't want the whole "You f-ing tw@, you're a c***", etc. etc. What's the point in just attacking me if you don't like? It does nothing. It doesn't hurt me. It doesn't phase me. Tell me as polite as possibly you don't like and get on with your lives. And, if people on here really can't stand me, why not go on 'My Settings', 'Profile', 'Mange Ignored Used' and put me as an ignored user so you can ignore my post? I am just giving my opinions - like you are meant to on a discussion forum - and I very rarely give concrete facts. Simple.People just seem to like digging at me. Be it that they don't like my personality, they don't like my opinions, they don't like what I do or whatever. It just annoys me. I just go through life doing nothing spectacular, nothing out of the ordinary, just being a normal enough person, being who I want to be, and that's wrong. Well I'm sorry for living.

This isn't really a rant, just my opinion in a discussion about music. My mate was saying lyrics mean hardly anything, it's about having a catchy chorus to reel people in.I replied with "lyrics do mean something, whenever I write a song the lyrics mean something to me. Maybe it's hidden deep within the words of the song or it's blatently obvious. And the audience care about lyrics too. They want something they can relate to; that's why most songs are about love because most people can find something about themselves in the lyrics, even if they're missing the point of the song completely. If they're finding their own meaning in the lyrics, then great. Songs are like musical poems, and you couldn't have a poem without the words."(by the way I really love that quote at the end :lol: )anyone care to share their opinions?

I can speak from experience, as I write songs myself and want to be a songwriter / producer when I'm much older. Lyrics are important in a song because they are supposed to represent how the writer is feeling and it's his aim to convey these emotions and feelings in the song. The song when heard; people can relate to the words and can feel moved, if the song is emotionally-powerful and compelling. Lyrics can be influential and thought-provoking and can help someone to feel better or get through a hard-time.A song should be:Catchy with a good chorus with a hook; most choruses are simple like "Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't ready my poker face, she's got me like nobody". Catchy, simple, easy-to-be-remembered but some can be very-well written like Pussycat Dolls: "Don'cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me, don'cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me, don'tcha". The hook is what catches your eye / mind.The other half is the song should sound good; it should be well-produced and many songs are made to be commercial, mainstream or sound good to listeners. There are songs like Dance-Pop / Electro-Pop songs from artists like Lady Gaga, songs from Katy Perry, Hip-Hop songs from the Black Eyed Peas; which are upbeat, up-tempo songs which we sing along too, sound catchy and we dance to.There are other songs which are songs that Mary J Blige, Leona Lewis and Alicia Keys sing which are RnB / Soul songs that are often heart-felt ballads. They're not always the type of song you dance in a club to, but they are songs that can make you feel happy, upset, moved and feel good. Both catchy-sounding choruses and well-written lyrics with hooks are equally important.Quote from Lady Gaga - Billboard magazine:"GaGa writes mostly at the piano, and to her, if a song doesn't come easily, it isn't meant to come at all. "A hit record writes itself," she says. "If you have to wait, maybe the song isn't there. Once you tap into the soul, the song begins to write itself. And I usually write the choruses first, because without a good chorus, who really gives a ****?""

Edited by Will

I can speak from experience, as I write songs myself and want to be a songwriter / producer when I'm much older. Lyrics are important in a song because they are supposed to represent how the writer is feeling and it's his aim to convey these emotions and feelings in the song. The song when heard; people can relate to the words and can feel moved, if the song is emotionally-powerful and compelling. Lyrics can be influential and thought-provoking and can help someone to feel better or get through a hard-time.A song should be:Catchy with a good chorus with a hook; most choruses are simple like "Can't read my, can't read my, no he can't ready my poker face, she's got me like nobody". Catchy, simple, easy-to-be-remembered but some can be very-well written like Pussycat Dolls: "Don'cha wish your girlfriend was hot like me, don'cha wish your girlfriend was a freak like me, don'tcha". The hook is what catches your eye / mind.The other half is the song should sound good; it should be well-produced and many songs are made to be commercial, mainstream or sound good to listeners. There are songs like Dance-Pop / Electro-Pop songs from artists like Lady Gaga, songs from Katy Perry, Hip-Hop songs from the Black Eyed Peas; which are upbeat, up-tempo songs which we sing along too, sound catchy and we dance to.There are other songs which are songs that Mary J Blige, Leona Lewis and Alicia Keys sing which are RnB / Soul songs that are often heart-felt ballads. They're not always the type of song you dance in a club to, but they are songs that can make you feel happy, upset, moved and feel good. Both catchy-sounding choruses and well-written lyrics with hooks are equally important.Quote from Lady Gaga - Billboard magazine:"GaGa writes mostly at the piano, and to her, if a song doesn't come easily, it isn't meant to come at all. "A hit record writes itself," she says. "If you have to wait, maybe the song isn't there. Once you tap into the soul, the song begins to write itself. And I usually write the choruses first, because without a good chorus, who really gives a ****?""

As much as most of this would apply when writing a pop song, you can't really tell people how to write their own music, because it's all about expressing your own personal creativity and influence onto an idea. I write music, both lyrically and for five or six seperate instruments and each one is very different from the next, and I always try to make each individual song have it's own special style or 'personality'. But then again since you highlighted a Pussycat Dolls song as being 'well-written' it's obvious we have very different influences and ideas as to what to makes a song good, which is why I'm sort of saying you can't tell someone how to write a song because it only applies to someone with similar tastes to you.

Maybe we should share ideas, I've got a song I've nearly finished; maybe you could take a look and tell me what you think. Maybe this forum should have a songwriting thread?When I was talking about the PCD song, I thought I'd highlight the song because it's a catchy song which is nicely-produced and has a fantastic, catchy hook. Dan's right, it does depend on the type of song you write. A ballad for me, is about pouring my heart out and being honest about how I feel. I find the best time for me to write a ballad, is when something has happened and I'm emotional or when I'm angry, happy, etc. For some reason, I write at night time or when it's raining or when I'm emotional or when I listen to music. I feel that catchy lyrics / heartfelt lyrics / honest lyrics (for examples) with a good production makes a song. If I've left out anything Dan, feel free to add to what I've typed. I feel that the chorus is the most important part of the song's structure.I hope anything that Dan or I have said helps or is persuasive in your debate =D

What I've recently realised, that some of my favourite songs like 'Bad Romance' and 'Alejandro' have instrumentals that are very nice. That's what makes me love music, in the last 18-20 months, I've begun to really appreciate the production of the songs I like. I would be ever so blessed and honoured of being in an industry like that.I agree with the point about music as an escape from stress, it has helped me get through a lot of bad problems in life and I find that classical music to be very good at helping me concerntrate. A family-friend / tutor asked me a while back if I wanted to go see an Opera; they're very moving and powerful; I don't know if any of you guys have been to one but I can't wait till I go to see my first one.

Bit depressed atm :lol: It's just everything seems to be going wrong at the moment, like everything I try about fixing my laptop all seems to be in vain and after having it for 8months and it having been broken for 6 months of it I just can't fix it!Also I feel quite jealous of alot of people as their all jetting off to the US seem to be having their dream holidays while I'm just stuck inside trying to fix my laptop, okay I went to Spain; but I get dragged by my parents. It's so boring there half the time I'm asleep the other half it's too hot! I want to be visiting theme parks; having some excitement but while I'm there the most exciting thing I can do is go for a swim. I want to be in the US going to all the major theme parks, Universal, Busch Gardens, Sea World, Cedar Point, Magic Mountain, Kings Dominion. A lot of people I know have or will be going there soon, where as I'm stuck either here in the UK or in Spain 2 hrs from anywhere. Also I keep talking to people, but none of them are the person I want to talk to, I know what I want in life, I know who I want in life. But getting there is just so so though. I thought that the summer holidays would give me time to relax, escape the normal world for a few short weeks, but if anything it's worse. I can't seem to fix my laptop, I get really stressed and at the moment there's very little I'm looking forward to. I've just come back from 3 days at Alton, and that really did just let me escape my feelings for a mere couple of days, but then back comes reality. Apart from Alton, the last few months I've just felt like utter crap!

I hate it when girls go 'I'm so ugly' yet they post their photos all over Facebook. And also when someone compliments their photos they go 'oh no I'm so fat and ugly and that's the only nice photo I have'. If your self esteem was that low then you wouldn't put them up for your 200 + friends to see. It's just needless attention seeking.

Word of advice..Don't bother trying. You never get what you deserve. Life just screws you over all the time.Life isn't worth the hassle

Stupidest piece of advice I've heard. If you don't try then you won't get anywhere. Perhaps what you tried was the wrong thing, take a step back, look at the situation and try something else.