Rant

Theme Park bloke

24 minutes ago, JDann said:

John Lewis! 

Crazy how it doesn't feel like Christmas for me. It's still 20 degrees every day. (I'm not rubbing it in, honest)

That's because it's still November! (For the next few hours or so anyway)

I refuse to be in a Christmassy mood until 1/12.

Temperatures here are crazy. -4 degrees!

2 hours ago, Josh3103 said:

The weather was unbearable today my hands were red and cold lucky you having the good weather wish London actually got some good weather because if it carries on like this I doubt I'll be alive on Christmas

Invest in some nice warm gloves, scarf, ear muffs, balaclava and maybe a hat:good:

seriously though - I hate cold weather and seem to feel the cold a lot more than some people (not sure how that works?!) right now I have my heating on full whack and am in my PJs with a hoodie and thick dressing gown on - and I'm still cold

I work outdoors gardening all year round, the only difference in winter is I tend to sit on an off-cut of carpet when it is frosty and I'm doing the weeding.

The trick to keeping warm is to keep active, once you start to sit and do little physically you get cold, so keep busy.

And get to the bloody dentist Han...stop putting it off.

Sorry!

• 1 month later...

I last went to the dentist in about 1995, I imagine that is before many of you were born. Dentists are evil. I'm sure they do more harm than good during their teeth scraping checkups. It's all a con I tells ya.

I don't go to the Dr unless I'm ill. I don't go to the dentist unless my teeth hurt. My teeth don't hurt, and for that I am thankful. Good luck you people getting variously prodded in the next few day!

1995?!!! You jammy git!  I don't know if they still do this procedure but back in the late 80's/early 90s I had to have my teeth coated in some weird stuff - still don't know what it was!

I was a bit put off by a dentist once when I was around 14 - went for check up, told I needed a filling then the dentist comes at me with the sodding injection with no warning.  Things have definitely improved - my new dentist said that because I don't like the sound of drilling I can listen to music through headphones - but to be honest I'd be too embarrassed as my music taste is questionable 

3 hours ago, Han30 said:

1995?!!! You jammy git!  I don't know if they still do this procedure but back in the late 80's/early 90s I had to have my teeth coated in some weird stuff - still don't know what it was!

I had that! I really strong citrus coating which protected my gnashers for years. Seems to have worked, not had a thing done to them since!

4 minutes ago, pluk said:

I had that! I really strong citrus coating which protected my gnashers for years. Seems to have worked, not had a thing done to them since!

Yes the taste was pretty strong and if I remember rightly they shoved a load of cotton in your gob (or maybe I was just a bad patient and they wanted me to shut up!).  Glad that yours worked (actually I am very jealous) but - in my teens I used to drink tea with about 8 sugars in it and would eat 2 packs of polo mints daily so have had a fair share of fillings.

I think I'm paying now for the bulimia I had around 10 years ago as my teeth seem pretty weak and I would be surprised if there is any enamel left on them at all.  Add smoking into the mix and it's not great - oh and the dentist asked about my lip piercing as that can damage teeth - though I've had that piercing for 11 years and thinking of ditching it recently.

My last dentist appointment was 1988 (but I do have no teeth, so let that be a lesson for you).

Last time in a hospital (for me) was 1984 when I broke my wrist.

Think that's bad?  Last time my dad saw a doctor was 1978 and to quote him "last time I was in a hospital for treatment" Macmillan was PM.

Well I haven't been for about six years I think, and I'm sure I can actually see a new hole in one of my molars :o It really doesn't help the way that dentists are run though; if they were the same as GP surgeries aka didn't cost a fortune, or if those entitled to NHS treatment didn't have to phone around finding out which ones accept NHS patients (and being made to feel like a burden!) then far more people would actually go regularly - I know I would!

Had my 2 fillings done today and am so glad it's over with - had to get extra injections because at a couple of points I could feel pain when she was drilling.  But despite that I think my fear has somewhat subsided - although I had to sit for a while afterwards as I felt really faint (I'm such a wuss).  My new dentist is actually really nice and I'm back in 3 months to sort out my uber skanky tooth and then sort out a root extraction.

On 15 January 2017 at 8:04 PM, 'Airtime Falcon' said:

I haven't been to the dentist for about two and a half years.

Should I be concerned? :help:

I think your meant to go every 6 months but I don't know how many people do.  I will generally go if I'm in agony - not that that is the right thing.  I went 4 years before visiting a dentist but I wouldn't recommend that

• 2 weeks later...

Job searching sucks.

ive been searching for months and months for stuff and still haven't landed anywhere.

Last week, applied last minute for Disney and was surprised to get invited to an interview, which I think went well.

Sadlybdidnt get the job so still have nothing. Every time I apply and don't get offered, part of me dies!