Chessington Howl'o'ween

• 3 weeks later...

I rarely see people look at the park map. The majority of people I see either ask a member of staff or just walk to any part of the park! :)

I think maps are used mainly for showtimes (specifically at Chessington & Alton) and finding places to eat mainly. Like you said, I think most people just walk around the park and go on whatever ride is in front of them. Also, I think park maps make nice souvenirs of a great day out, and many people who visit rarely will keep them as a souvenir.

I agree with Paul, I think for a park the scale of Alton a map is needed, at least for infrequent visitors. As for example you can't actually see the rides and then walk to them. Also there's not a particular route to go through, for example Chessington and Thorpe have a sort of circular shape which you can make your way around.

An important thing with the maps though, they're part of the park's branding. It can be a form of advertising. People who keep the map will find it, and then remember the (hopefully) great day they had at the park, and may want to visit again. Especially children who pester their parents to take them.I think the park would like to do halloween maps, once again it's all down to the budget available for the event. Plus the even was only about 10 days long this year, shorter than the other parks' version of the event.

Especially children who pester their parents to take them.

I wouldn't say I was a child, but I still do that now to be honest! :) :oAnd your point about finding the maps:This is true as before I really got into theme parks. I would forget about them. Then I would find a map in my room and ask to go again!So your point Sheepie is perfectly true! :)

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...

You need to go on Halloween :)

I do... Regularly... Last year it was dead ALLLLLLL day ;)Year before was packed though and awful... Wasn't in the right mood either... But from working over 2 Halloween periods, it just emptied near enough every day between 5-6... Find out what it's like tomorrow, but I doubt it'll be any different...Aside from Fury, which is ALWAYS queuebound...

As predicted the park semi-emptied out today, with 20-30 minutes queues on the major rides after 6...Also, has no-one been on Krypt? If so, WHY IS NO-ONE GIVING IT CREDIT? I'll do a proper review tomoz (I WILL this time, promise), but seriously was a really good addition to the line up, shame about the faff involved by I heavily approve...