Chessington Howl'o'ween

It's hilarious yes (as is most of it to be honest), but it works as it's not meant to be scary, but an adventurous walkthrough...No idea about Black Forest and Hocus Pocus, I assume they're the same and hence Krypt will be the best attraction this year... Didn't have enough time today... :)

• 10 months later...

I don't know how long the information has been live, but this year's HHP lineup is on the website:

http://www.chessington.com/plan-your-trip/halloween-hocus-pocus.aspx

Last year's new maze, The Krypt, has gone and it seems replaced by nothing? Quite surprised by that, as I heard pretty much all good reviews about it.

Black Forest Witch Haunt (or whatever it was called) has gone and is replaced with 'Vampire: The Haunting in the Hollows', which looks to just have a different story to the previous one? There's a new family show and Hocus Pocus Hall Bewitched returns.

All this with the 7pm as well..exciting stuff?

A very poor lineup for Hocus pocus 2012 plus the fact that the park shuts at 7 means that my last visit to Chessington this year will probably be this weekend.

I enjoyed Hocus pocus last year but it's just not worth bothering really if they are going to be this stingy!

And why not bring back Krypt? That was good!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

yes, went last year, and did it when it was dark... wow, was actually great, much better than scare mazes in thorpe park! because of the theatrical side to it, you were really caught in the story, and something as simple as an actor coming up from behind made the whole group jump, my friend, 18 jumped into her parents arms haha. Then you went indoors (like marquee things) which was pitch black, and then included lots of flashing lights, loud noises, and actors... and the last bit was terrifying, pitch black, no idea where you were going really, even though it was straight forwards, and knowing there were actors there too, even though they didn't necessarily pick on you, made it all that worse! I felt some parts of it were more scarier than scare mazes in thorpe park; I give chessington a massive thumbs up for that last year, and really hope it returns in a similar form this year!

Speaking to an actor on Hocus Pocus while waiting for it, a kid was crying about not wanting to do it, and the actor was reassuring her it's not scary at all, and that's what their new maze/walkthrough was intended for!

Never went in 2011, but went the 2 years before that, and I remember hocus pocus being a walkthrough where you wore glasses that made the neon colours on the wall stand out, and there were actors scaring you inside )not that scary though, just enough to make you jump), and the walkthrough by vampire was pretty naff back then, so was such a surprise that the new one was so good!

• 2 months later...

Here's a quote from ScareTour's FB page:

The first of our secrets from Saturday can now be revealed. Chessington Resort will be revamping Hocus Pocus Hall for this year's Halloween event. Unlike previous years where they have just put a few actors in costume inside the existing attraction, The Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall has been created by the team behind last year's Vampire: Haunting In The Hollow, and will be a complete makeover of the attraction with live actors, a new story and more....

The Haunting In The Hollow sounded really good from what I've heard, and spot on for the target market, so hopefully this should be a great addition.

No word on anything else about the event, so I guess HitH could return too.

chessington had the best atmosphere, with their unreal amounts of coloured lighting around the park - absolutely loved it as well as the walk through by vampire which was genuinely scary :/ :P

in comparison to thorpe with some floodlights and coloured lighting, and alton with no lights at all or pretty much just floodlights!

I'm glad to see that Hocus Pocus Bewitched is getting re done. It was good but getting very repetitive and the fact it's been created by the team who did Haunting in The Hollows excites me as that was brilliant (for its target audience). It had a solid story line, high capacity, great simple effects, and the fog maze at the end showed they weren't scared of doing something more scary.

From the press release Haunting in The Hollows has a 3 bat rating (scary) and The Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall has 2. There is so much potential with Hocus Pocus Hall due to its size so a great story line could be created and stick a load of fog in the mirror maze will lead to a great potential ending. All of this is very exciting as I love Chessie's Halloween event, the atmosphere is superb with the great lighting (as DeanGaryCox said) and simple park wide theming.

Also the full poster for The Mystery of Hocus Pocus Hall has been revealed by ScareTOUR

1001567_605637682814064_847464615_n.jpg

chessington had the best atmosphere, with their unreal amounts of coloured lighting around the park - absolutely loved it as well as the walk through by vampire which was genuinely scary :/ :P

in comparison to thorpe with some floodlights and coloured lighting, and alton with no lights at all or pretty much just floodlights!

Except you only get to experience it for just over an hour. Should definitely revert back to the 8pm close at least in my view.