Chessington Howl'o'ween

Amazing night at chessington! Great atmosphere and lighting. Virtually no queues tonight except vampire hit 60 mins at night. Rameses had laser effects and club music plus smoke to give a fantastic atmosphere. Vampire black hollow maze was great and only 15 minute queue. Better night to be had than at TP I think! Even scorpion express at night was great with the fire effects.

It was epic! I've been going to chessington Halloween for several years and this is the best yet in terms of attention to detail on theming! I may have been spoilt by new queues yesterday, going again on Monday as rameses was awesome at night. Want to do haunted hollow again too as the vampires in the strobe lighting was an amazing effect and gave thorpes mazes a run for their money in my opinion.

Amazing night at chessington! Great atmosphere and lighting. Virtually no queues tonight except vampire hit 60 mins at night. Rameses had laser effects and club music plus smoke to give a fantastic atmosphere. Vampire black hollow maze was great and only 15 minute queue. Better night to be had than at TP I think! Even scorpion express at night was great with the fire effects.

Vampire had no queues.. They put it as as 60 to stop the queues growing like they are now.

Howl'o'ween was absolutely brilliant. Much better atmosphere than I have seen at Fright Nights.

The mazes were good, especially Mystery- it had such a brilliant storyline and was so beautifully themed, all of the little details had me grinning inside (despite being kind of scared the whole time as it was my first maze-type thing ever). Vampire:Haunting in the Hollows was great, the actors are good and it follows a relevant storyline. However I only done this in the day as I didn't come out of it feeling great despite being twice the recommended age...

The rides in the dark were fun and the lighting was fab. Vampire actually had me wow-ing at how different it is at night and I loved spinning around on Fury, unable to really see where I was going. I also really really liked Rameses' little laser show, there was quite a good ambience around the ride area, great fun! I loved it. The ride host we kept on seeing around was fab too!

Went last night for a few hours and must say it is without doubt the best lit park at night, it's just really pretty! Rameses laser and clubish music I am not a massive fan of, felt sorry for the operator who had it constantly shining in her eyes. In the 5 minutes I was standing in the queue it was starting to annoy me. Without doubt it looks nice, it's just irratating after a while!

Went today, didn't stay late, but I must say I did enjoy the Halloween Live Music singing contest (or whatever it was called) - my little boy (4 years old) loved it, he was scared of last years show on this set.  The music was so catchy I've gone off home to download it!  The 4 actors involved were superb.  Going back next week to do some more grown up stuff like Haunted in the Hollows....

The walkthroughs were still good, like last year, though as with such things group demographic does make a MASSIVE difference in how the actors behave...

The two small shows weren't great, though the singing volume/tech issues for Pumpkin High was the main problem with that... The Wild Factor show was just really bad, bring back Spike!

Didn't stay till late, though I do wish Chessie would use some other music, all they seemed to have were the HPH music everywhere...

Operations were alright, was certainly that end of season trudge (I remember it well), and at least the park wasn't too busy over the course of the day... The Hotel guests Fastrack till 11am did cause a burden on Scorpion Express as loads turned up all at once, resulting in an entire train and a half to be taken up by them... Perhaps using Towers' method and giving out a free Fastrack package for the day's visit would be a better option for this next year...

Next year, could the park give some money to Vampire's team to get a new set of fences that people can't climb under so they can batch more than one train's worth of people in each bay please? Can't be too difficult to source some gothic style fencing can it? Might also mean they can bring back the front row queue and extend the indoor queue a bit more so it doesn't feel as slow...

Am I the only one who thinks the "cobwebs" on hocus pocus hall look terrible? They dont look like cobwebs!

No you're not! On saturday, these were pretty much our opinions:

Cornflakes: "They've used bin linen!"

Toofpikk: "No, it's cloth."

CWOAfanMalcolm: "Plastic?"

Me: "It looks terrible! Nuff said."

Went yesterday evening from 4 until close, MUCH busier than Friday when I got there as expected, but queues died down nicely after 6.

Most queue lines were advertised as much longer than they actually were! Dragon falls advertised as 50 mins, was 15 mins, rattlesnake advertised as 40 mins, was walk on, sco

whoops posted that too early!

Scorpion express advertised as 50 mins. Was 20. Slow updating of queue boards or ploy to sell fast track?!

Vampire maze interesting as went down to it about 7 and was told by staff member at entrance that it had a huge 2 hour queue. I hesitated but joined the main queue anyway. It was actually 20 minutes long!

Rameses no longer had the club music, but still has laser effects.

Or, the ride operator is just forgetful and too engrossed in his job of operating the ride to notice...

As ride teams gain nothing from higher sales of Fastrack, and Fastrack makes the job of the rides team harder/more annoying, then they have no point in doing that...

Chessie's never been too on the ball when it comes to lowering the queue times... Though the problem is that as soon as you do so, odds on the queue increases too quickly for the reduction to be of note... Plus most ride ops can't actually see where the queue is, so has to rely on external factors (Guests/other staff) to make the decision...