Chessington Howl'o'ween

Well Chessington at night certainly didn't disappoint yet again... So good every year, Thorpe seriously need to learn a thing or three from them! I can confirm though no laser or music on rameses which I guess was the only let down, but kobra and rattlesnake had better (and colour changing) lighting this year!

For the all round atmosphere and themeing this is my favourite Halloween event!!

It was originally composed by PitStop for their Halloween Spooktacular c2010 I think.

Then they used it now and then outside BubbleWorks (weirdly) - presumably without paying royalties so it was removed. Or maybe they own the track now, and the IMAscore from Mystery was costing them too much.

In my opinion Chessingtons Halloween event this year is lacking quite a lot compared to last year! Not saying it has been a bad Halloween event just no where near as good as previous years :( Sad to see no return of the Hocus Pocus stuff and the other walkthrough (completely forgot the names oops) and although they may have been replaced with two knew attractions, one of these really does not live up to either of last years attractions.

Trick or Treat Wood

Trick or Treat wood is a nice idea and concept but it is very short and very boring in my opinion (we must bare in mind that it is not aimed at the teenage target market but screw the kids I still thought it was ****) they had some good characters and costumes but apart from that I can't see many positives, I mean when walking past I thought the attraction was a clusterf*** of Halloween and Christmas with all the fairy lights and unused sheds. And even during the attraction (we went down the treat path) there were such little Halloween elements it could have been classed as a Christmas attraction! Very weak in my opinion and being it only 1 out of 2 attractions this contributed to my overall view of Chessington Halloween lacking this year.

The Curse

The Curse on the other hand was a really sweet little attraction and had (as usually most Chessington attractions do) a nice clear story line to go with it. The maze was very puzzle based which I assume will be a nice hit with the kids and maybe even some adults and it did even make me jump on the odd occasion! Theming was pretty nice in there too so overall it was a decent replacement of a maze.

Unfortunatly just to dive back into negativity there was no return of the shows in Market Square and nothing to replace them which again made this years event seem incredibly empty.

The park wide theming at Chessington is always fantastic and still was this year however there were areas lacking compared to years in the past .. Not going to lie I am pretty disappointed to see that Rameses lasers did not make a return with no speakers or smoke the atmosphere was lacking so badly around the ride area. Noticeable other iconic park wide theming was missing this year too including the smoking pumpkin in Market Square (unless that was axed last year can't remember), Wild Asia's voodoo dolls, Glow in the dark eyes ALL over the park (yes they made a return) but it seems they gathered the majority of them and shoved them all on one fence in the Africa area!? Hocus's cobwebs. Missing, Spider in Transilvania. Missing. Fence bunting. Missing. All small things but in a way that makes me more confused as to why they wouldn't return? But guess I will never know a true reason so can't complain toooo much .. ?

Overall it was still a really nice looking / themed park especially with the lighting at night it's just a shame to see all these other small features removed or changed with no improvement seen. (May I add that I preferred last years new music but I still like the old music they are using this year so I will shh and stop being picky). Don't want to rant too much as I have previously mentioned it's still a really neat event and one of my personal favourites, I just wanted to give people the pleasure of reading a short extremely brief review of the event written by Lewis Ramsay.

My reviews of my first ever trip to Chessington's Howl'O-Ween.

Blog is here http://forum.maniahub.com/blog/63/entry-733-howl-for-halloween/

Vlog is here 

Curse Of The Tomb was a really good maze, Trick Or Treat was a let down somewhat, but the park lighting was amazing. The park could do with another maze and more entertainment for the event as the line-up felt rather limited.

I've seen many slating Trick or Treat Wood on this forum, and initially I was disappointed by the lack of Haunting In The Hollows, however after experiencing Trick or Treat Wood for myself, I couldn't give a solitary sausage about Haunting. Trick or Treat Wood is the greatest scare attraction of all time, far better than The Big Top (or as I call it; the sh*t flop)

Trick or Treat Wood has made me feel feelings I've never felt before, some I can describe, but others are too explicit for this family forum,Trick or Treat Wood is a euphoric, orgasmic experience that had changed my perspective on both theme parks and life itself.

When I left Trick or Treat Wood, I burst into tears, out of sheer joy and utter uncontrollable sadness, as I will never experience this beautiful attraction again, as I will soon be dead.

Trick or Treat Wood has killed my theme park enthusiasm, as nothing will top this work of art.

Goodbye my friends, I hope one day you can all experience the pure ecstasy of Trick Or Treat Wood.

Trick or Treat woods is interesting. Good concept and fun for the kids but really needs to be spread out more so you can't hear the other scenes. Also very very short.

Curse of Tomb just ends really. We were told there are 10 rooms and it'll last 12 minutes, 4 or 5 rooms in and its over in under 10 minutes. Why say something that is never going to be true? Could hear the other scenes, was just poor. And people slated Krypt...

Park lacked any atmosphere really. Little theming around, no roamers, no market square show or anything! Where have the Halloween great days gone? Could they honestly not have overlaid hocus pocus with something like they used to do with bewitched, a few actors or anything. The park was just lacking which is a real shame as Howl'o'ween is usually fab.

This Howl'O'Ween lacks theming, Rameses Lasers and an atmosphere in general because most of the ents team walked out about a month ago.

Several props, the stage and most likely Haunting in the Hollows haven't returned as a result of some irreversible damage happening over the summer. Couple that with the budget cuts, meaning that they can't replace them and that is why they haven't been able to put on a good event this year.

It's disappointing, I agree.