Chessington Howl'o'ween

Confirmation formally from the park that Spyders is new for this year, and it certainly seems to imply that Curse of the Lost Tomb has gone, given there's no reference to it. The vague description of Spyders certainly makes it sound like a like-for-like replacement for Tomb as well.

• 4 weeks later...

Chessington are offering an extreme version of Creepy Caves after the park closes this year:

Creepy Caves: After Dark is an extreme live-action maze experience - darker and more terrifying than ever before. Groups may be separated and the residents of the Caves will get hands-on, so be prepared!

• Experience times available from 7pm.
  • Due to the nature of the experience, we recommend Creepy Caves: After Dark for visitors aged 13+, though this is at your discretion.
  • This experience will last approximately 12 minutes.
  • Creepy Caves: After Dark is suitable for non-ambulant adventurers and wheelchair users. It is NOT suitable for guests with heart, back or neck problems, those of a nervous disposition, or those who are pregnant.
  • This is the most intense Creepy Caves yet: the residents of the caves may touch you, but will not harm you. Do not touch them.
  • During the experience, groups may be split up and you may experience sections of the attraction alone. If, at any time, you wish to leave the experience, please notify a staff member.

https://www.chessington.com/explore/chessington-vip-adventures.aspx#tabAnchor6

Sounds exciting!

• 1 year later...

Went through Creepy Caves: Resurgence as my first indoor maze the other day. Wow! Will post a full review in a spoiler tag, but I thought it was excellent, very intense, very loud, and the ending is something I have never seen or heard of before in a maze.

Spoiler

Gone are the creatures from previous mazes, this year the facility is being taken over by 'individuals with radical opposing views', who are basically trying to burn down the facility, while wearing gas masks. Every corner you turn there's one of them, banging weapons against barrels, jumping out, standard scare maze stuff I suppose. Other than that, it was foggy, there was strobes, some skeletons, Firestarter by Prodigy was playing. Got to the ending and, my word, ok, so. There's another man in a gas mask standing in front of a closed door. A song I am told is called 'Du Hast' by Rammstein plays very very loudly, gas mask man starts drumming along on the barrels, and behind him some fireworks start up. Never once have I seen or heard of fireworks in a scare maze. He steps out of the way, and I'm told some people have been chased out of the maze by another actor, but we didn't get that for one reason or another (I may have left too quickly as I thought the fireworks were about to start up again 😂