Chessington Howl'o'ween

• 1 month later...

What is the proper name for those cycle-things that staff go around on during HHP? They have a handlebar and accelerate from the bar. They stand in between the wheels. The 118 men also use them in one of their adverts! I have tried to find a picture of one, but have failed because I don't know the name!I would love to find out, and get one!

• 4 weeks later...

Right this is just a stupid argument.Thrill seekers will generally go to Thorpe. Kids who like thrill rides and are at Chessington are normally with their family who has a younger child who will get tired from around 7pm.Remember... Chessington is a FAMILY park not a THRILL SEEKERS park.This argument about closing time stops now.

True but they could keep it open for thrill seekers r people who just like smaller rides and want to stay up. Vampire at 10pm would be great. same with Dragon's Fury but would prefer Vampire!(and we cant forget good old Rattlesnake!)

The only issue with keeping Chessington open for two extra hours is that a lot of the time the majority of guests leave the park between 5 and 7. I worked many days over Halloween and every day (with the exception of a 14,000 day) we were running most rides empty. It's not really worth the extra two hours if only a handful of people are going to use it. Young children get tired and there isn't really enough at Chessie to satisfy the older people.Vampire at 10 would be the same as Vampire at 7 and 8.

• 7 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Who is looking forward to this year's Haloween event at Chessington? I for one am :) . It will be the first time I've visited this event since 2003.

I have to go to this every year.To be honest, I would rather do a Halloween night at Chessington than Thorpe.What else could I ask for?Vampire open until 8pm! Just makes me :P even more! :P

Is the new 'Black Forest Haunt' in Transylvania going to be a maze like 'Field Of 1000 Screams'? If so they've started erecting it today on the path from the Vampire entrance to Black Buccaneer/Picnic Field/Dragons Fury.

It won't be on the same fright level as Field of 1000 Screams, if that's what you were asking. :(

• 1 month later...

I done 2 trips for Halloween Hocus Pocus last year.I remember that one of them was…Vampire – 60 minsDragon’s Fury – 50 minsAnd the 2nd one was…Vampire – 120 minsDragon’s Fury – 90 minsIn my opinion, the queue times for Halloween Hocus Pocus at Chessington & Zoo can vary a lot compared to Fright Nights at THORPE PARK.