Chessington Howl'o'ween

Awesome, I'm going for the first time since 2003 this year and I've decided to go to this after giving up on Fright Nights. In my opinion, it is TOO busy to have a good time.

It is incredibly busy, but I do still enjoy them. Like I said yesterday, I'm happy enough just going round and round on Tidal Wave all day and night!

I'll be visiting on the 26th if I remember correctly, and then possibly again a few days later, although I'm hoping to go to Alton's Scarefest that 2nd day as that was brilliant last year.Fingers crossed the queue's will be like the first times you reported Keith

Vampire 60 minsDragons Fury 50 mins

I'll probably be going on a Sunday if I go so hopefully that should make things slightly less busy, although it may be the first weekend of half-term so the times may not differ. I'm not too bothered by the queue times during the day if I'm honest, because I know that most of the rides will go down to 5 or 10 minutes after 6pm, and I will probably just get an Express Pass during the day. It's much different to Thorpe where the park usually stays busy right up until 10pm.

Thats another thing I love about Chessington, it still dies down towards the end of the day, whenever I've been to Thorpe, it's stayed busy right till 10 ( or whatever the closing time is)I tried to get to Halloween Hocus Pocus as soon as I could to try and get it at it's quietest, but the 26th I am expecting to be busy.

I know that most of the rides will go down to 5 or 10 minutes after 6pm

When I visited, when Vampire was 120 mins, I remember the following...Dragon's Fury - 50 minsDragon Falls - 20 minsRattlesnake - 30 minsTomb Blaster - 30 mins.Quite good, considering it was almost a year ago! :P (Only remember as I have never known Vampire to be 120 mins :P)I hate to dissapoint you Paul, but that night, Vampire was on 120 mins at 7pm. I purchased an Ultimate Expess Pass that night, and I had to queue 30 mins in the Express Pass queue line!Lets just hope that the queues are a bit nicer! :D

When I visited, when Vampire was 120 mins, I remember the following...Dragon's Fury - 50 minsDragon Falls - 20 minsRattlesnake - 30 minsTomb Blaster - 30 mins.Quite good, considering it was almost a year ago! :P (Only remember as I have never known Vampire to be 120 mins :P)I hate to dissapoint you Paul, but that night, Vampire was on 120 mins at 7pm. I purchased an Ultimate Expess Pass that night, and I had to queue 30 mins in the Express Pass queue line!Lets just hope that the queues are a bit nicer! :D

Wow, thanks for the information. As long as Rameses Revenge doesn't have a long queue then I won't have a problem!

Halloween Hocus Pocus events that have been advertised for Chessington & Zoo. The Black Forest HauntEscape from Transylvania…if you dare!Transylvania - Open 12pm – 8pm The Fiery Faun Be entertained by the Fiery Faun using magic and fire to delight the whole family.Market Square - 6.30pm Hocus Pocus Hall Bewitched Hocus pocus has been bewitched once more this Halloween. Hocus Pocus Hall - Open 12pm – 8pm Halloween Fancy Dress Competition Dress up as pumpkin, spider or even a naughty witch and you could win a prize!Market Square - 5pmSpike’s Spooky Halloween Adventure Be sure to catch Spike and friends in a new Halloween show. Dragon’s Tale Theatre - 11.30am, 1.00pm, 2.30pm, 4.00pm and 5.30pm All Rides and Attractions will be open from 10am until 8pm during this event. :)

Highlight the text in this post if you want a spoiler of this years HPH.

All of the stuff at HPH is all reused from last year. The Black Forest Haunt is the only new attraction this year, however it looks awesome. It'll be based on the walkway between Vampire/Buccaneer and Vampire Main Gate, there will be many different actors there in a walkway but it is NOT a scare maze! All of the theming has now been put up, however feeling very limited. There is a new show in the Dragon's Tale Theatre, and also many different witch points where actors will be present at!

Highlight the text in this post if you want a spoiler of this years HPH.

All of the stuff at HPH is all reused from last year. The Black Forest Haunt is the only new attraction this year, however it looks awesome. It'll be based on the walkway between Vampire/Buccaneer and Vampire Main Gate, there will be many different actors there in a walkway but it is NOT a scare maze! All of the theming has now been put up, however feeling very limited. There is a new show in the Dragon's Tale Theatre, and also many different witch points where actors will be present at!

I tried to keep it a surprise to myself, but I couldn't resist to look! :)

Nope! :)I do enjoy Hocus Pocus, although I think it's about time they added something a bit different, atm it's just all recycled year after year, with hardly any expansion or improvements.I do really love the atmosphere out on park though, feels much more a complete event than Fright Nights, which are all about the mazes.

Chessington & Zoo starts its Halloween Hocus Pocus event in 2 days!Halloween Hocus Pocus is from 23rd October to 1st November.New for Halloween Hocus Pocus is 'The Black Forest Haunt'. (Located in Transylvania). :lol:As well as the usual Hocus Pocus Hall Bewitched!Rides and Attractions will be available from 10am until 8pm.Be aware that Safari Skyway and Toadie's Crazy Cars will be closing at dusk during the Halloween Hocus Pocus event.Not long to go now guys! :lol:

Woo :PVery very excited, been 6 years sicne my last Halloween Hocus Pocus, and back then I was a wee nipper, and everything would've been huge! :lol:Really can not wait, also as some may know, taking some people who've not been before, one of who is 4 and I'm sure he will be in disbelief :lol:

Woo :PVery very excited, been 6 years sicne my last Halloween Hocus Pocus, and back then I was a wee nipper, and everything would've been huge! :lol:Really can not wait, also as some may know, taking some people who've not been before, one of who is 4 and I'm sure he will be in disbelief :lol:

6 years without visiting a Halloween Hocus Pocus at Chessington & Zoo would kill me!I wish the 4 year old all the best with the 'fangtastic' Vampire at night! :P