Chessington Howl'o'ween

£2 million is not enough to fix up the entire park...

Especially when most of their problems cannot be fixed by throwing money at it...

Sorry got that wrong it was 5 million, even if it is not enough to fix the whole park , it will certainly help with the major attractions and themeing in areas, 5 million will go a long way ! , I can't wait to see the results :)

rameses breaking down wasn't part of that 5 million... and if I'm correct this upgrade plan (or addition to it) only came about since they realised the facade on runaway train and dragon falls were to breach H&S, which then cut into the budget of zufari which had so much more potential that wasn't meant to be because of this!

nonetheless I have been to chessington twice this year so far and am returning for halloween hocus pocus, and am very much looking forward to the changed hocus pocus hall, and can't wait to do the vampire walkthrough again!! :)

Yes but I always thought the quirkiness was forced and nothing compared to the whimsy of Chessington's other rides. Already Mystery of Hocus Pocus is far more entertaining than Hocus Pocus Hall ever was, and it hasn't even opened yet!

Plus it seems to have fun little nods to other classic rides, which is great. I predict this "curse" that caused Stubbs to go missing is because he dared to steal the "Egyptian emerald" from the Terror Tomb, since that is the last thing on his list.

Of course the online story is nice for promotion but I really hope they pull it off inside the attraction. I'd love a new Hocus Pocus for 2014.

Is the aim of the attraction meant to be that the public have to find clues around the whole park, in order to fully understand and discover the disappearance of the explorer? Though it will mostly be explained while in the attraction of course.

from what I understand it is a stand alone attraction , but the story may have some hidden little hints to rides or areas around the park.

I worry about the future of the goblins, there's cloth covering them and the sign up. They don't really fit into the Mystery storyline. Also, you normally hear goblin sound effects as you walk down the left hand side of the hall but yesterday...only music.

I doubt the goblin's will be used in the attraction for Halloween. The music they have released is amazing ! , I can't stop listening to it ! :)

I'm absolutely certain, they won't be using the goblins because they have nothing to do with the new Haloween storyline.

As for the attraction itself, I think it could do with a refresh maybe now, as after all parts of the attraction are looking worn and old plus it is 10 years old now. However this new storyline has lots of new potential and could make for an excellent experience which could even shape for a revamped version of Hocus Pocus for 2014.

I love the new soundtrack for the attraction too which sounds almost like something you'd hear in a Tim Burton film and is even better than the current/old theme used on the ride which was also quite good.

I love the new soundtrack for the attraction too which sounds almost like something you'd hear in a Tim Burton film and is even better than the current/old theme used on the ride which was also quite good.

Funny you say that because the soundtrack for Mystic Manor (the obvious inspiration for Mystery of HPH) was composed by Danny Elfman himself...

IMAscore really is astonishing but they'll never beat Mr Oingo Boingo.

A new journal piece has been uncovered...

1377349_10151893927374035_1164336596_n.j

For those who have trouble reading it:

"An incredible discovery has been made today. Hundreds of years of speculation and debate are at an end. I have found Atlantis.

It is a beautiful city, sunk into the depths of the Ocean. Filled with countless examples of art and culture, this is a remarkable find!

I was able to recover the prize I sought... It is a golden trident thought to have belonged to Posiden - the god of the sea! I am certain that such a beautiful treasure was not meant to stay at the bottom of the ocean!

Some of the men are beginning to get a little superstitious. They are speaking of strange noises and happenings onboard our ship. I am sure this is nonsense.

We are now heading to our next destination. It is vital these men don't get distracted by their silly 'ghost stories'. I am getting too close to my ultimate prize. Nothing is going to get in my way..."

All sounds promising. Hopefully they can execute a decent story line in the attraction itself...

Why do they use that font? It's almost impossible to read!

Still, sounds exciting. Hopefully it will be a full refurb and not just a few more props/audio changes.

I probably won't experience Halloween Hocus Pocus this year - can't see the point in going to a Halloween event that closes it's doors at 7pm!

(Or a park/ride team that can't run their main coaster at even half the throughput it can achieve, but that's for a different topic).

Chessie has always been fantastic with its lighting. Absolutely fantastic. Beats the rest of the parks by miles with it.

They've got a really dedicated and enthusiastic ents team as well, so potential for good mazes. I've quite enjoyed the ones I've done at chessie in the past, though granted I've only ever been once or twice and never done the mazes more than once.

Just don't see the point in attending though (granted, I'm not target market). The opening hours and the fact the place cannot handle crowds are huge offputters for me.

Chessie has always been fantastic with its lighting. Absolutely fantastic. Beats the rest of the parks by miles with it.

I was blown away by it when I went last year (can't remember it being too special when I went in 2009, and 2010)... and especially the swinging ship (is it called black buccaneer?), it looked fantastic - puts thorpe park and alton towers to shame!

don't know how many times I've said it on this forum but I loved the new vampire walkthrough for last year, and can't wait for it again! :D